Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you go to the Spurs team page here:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ictions/spurs/

you can see why the Spurs were rated so low. They predicted that Trey Lyles would play 21 minutes a game and Dejounte Murray would only play 16 minutes a game. I don't know where they came up with these numbers but they are all wrong.
    Last edited by Jsmythe; 07-16-2019 at 08:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Spurs won't miss the playoffs as long as Pop is the coach and we have a solid team. Our team is really being slept on, even after we exceeded expectations last year despite the host of injuries and half a new roster. I get that some teams in the west got better but these pundits are overrating the out of teams like Dallas, New Orleans, even Utah imo. Lakers too, since they are top heavy and are relying on being injury free to have a good record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did until 2016, but was more right than many outlets. He actually gave Trump a chance, if a fairly slim one. This was before we knew Russia was actively monkeying with the election. Regardless, Trump did lose by nearly three million votes...

Lul 'bout Russia monkeying the US elections. We can't even do OUR elections right, to say at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did until 2016, but was more right than many outlets. He actually gave Trump a chance, if a fairly slim one. This was before we knew Russia was actively monkeying with the election. Regardless, Trump did lose by nearly three million votes...
    Russia might have spent 20-30 k
    Clinton spent a billion
    Trump won popular vote minus cal and the illegal votes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a fan of 538, but even I have to admit, this projection is pretty horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Silver has a degree in economics from the University of Chicago, tbh, imo, fwiw.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    45 seems reasonable but, dear God, you people overrate the players on this team while underestimating every other team in the conference.

"Derr if we have Murray we are best in da west derr"

Yeah. Okay.
    Kinda how you underrate every player on the team??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you can see why the Spurs were rated so low. They predicted that Trey Lyles would play 21 minutes a game and Dejounte Murray would only play 16 minutes a game. I don't know where they came up with these numbers but they are all wrong.
    Good catch.

I don't care enough to do the math but if you increase the minutes for White and Murray, the Spurs win projections would go up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lul 'bout Russia monkeying the US elections. We can't even do OUR elections right, to say at least.
    Are you Russian? Putin has turned your country into a complete hole. You should probably hang him or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White, who may be the best player on the team, only getting 26 minutes. Lonnie with 0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Silver has a degree in economics from the University of Chicago, tbh, imo, fwiw.
    Not a degree in sports.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37 wins? Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you Russian? Putin has turned your country into a complete hole. You should probably hang him or something.
    Clinton’s and former president turned country into can
    Trump is making America great again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did nate go to same school as aoc ?

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yep, Russia told Clinton not to campaign in Wisconsin, sure ok buddy. Totally their fault that the DNC ran the tiest candidate imaginable that was having debate questions fed to her in advance and coordinating hit pieces on Bernie with the press. She had every media outlet on her side save Fox and talkradio, including the overwhelming support of international media, but a troll farm whose ads mostly were made after the election and didn't even promote Trump got Trump in, yeah ok.

The American public lacks any critical thinking skills. They just blindly believe anything CNN or the CIA says (same difference). And completely ignore all the interference we do in the rest of the world.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Silver had Trump with a 7% of winning the GOP nomination even when he was the clear front-runner for months. He based his entire polling theory on a single book - The Party Decides, and refused to countenance any evidence that the GOP's party machinery was not, in fact, deciding anything.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    538 minute breakdown
    Remember these are per Spurs games and not per player games; so that's 82ish season minutes for Weatherspoon.]

PG 20 White, 15 Murray, 13 Mills. [No Murray btb and and managed 2019 minutes and this seems plausible.]
    SG 21 DeRozan, 19 Forbes, 6 White, 1 Murray, 1 Weatherspoon
    SF 21 Carroll, 11 DeRozan, 9 Belinelli, 7 Johnson
    PF 24 Gay, 21 Lyles, 2 Samanic, 1 Aldridge [I think Poeltl will get more minutes, giving Aldridge more PF minutes at the expense of Lyles]
    C 30 Aldridge, 16 Poeltl, 2 Carroll

And a 20% chance of making the playoffs is a lot better than the 1% for much of 2018.

As to Western opponents, on the too high, D'Angelo Russell, while less than Thompson is pretty good, that and losing Durant drops Warriors to 50 wins. They have Porzingas playing 26 minutes; I'd predict Dejounte (16 minutes) plays more than Kristaps. On the two low, I noticed two injured players that were given 0 minutes, Paul George and Jusuf Nurkic, at "full strength" the Clippers and Trail Blazers greatly improve.

We have stayed the course while a lot of the Western have improved. I think the Mavericks and the Timberwolves are targets, and the chance that Chris Paul won't get 30 minutes adds the Thunder.

If the Spurs stay healthy and Porzingas and Paul don't get their minutes, then there's the 20%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be fair here, it was a complete, and worse, hole before Putin took power... They are still in up to their neck, but now their noses are above water. Still, finding a better government would be a step forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theyll be finishing in that 6-8 seed range...again..
    Last edited by Poolboy5623; 07-17-2019 at 11:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, portland, denver, Jazz, Lakers, Spurs, gsw, Rockets. That is my top 8 in random order. Than comes Kings, mavs, maybe pelicans. No way Spurs are missing Play offs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be fair here, it was a complete, and worse, hole before Putin took power... They are still in up to their neck, but now their noses are above water. Still, finding a better government would be a step forward.
    This. Right now, no alternatives. In the early 2000s we at least knew the direction the country was moving at. Right now I clearly don't understand, what's happening, and other candidates except Putin, can't even explain, what they are going to do, and doesn't really have any political programms exept "We are against Putin".

Thread Information