Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe. I don't know enough of his backstory. Might work with some characters. Might not with others. Pretty simple.
    So you would be cool with a white male playing a black character? You are a racist priviliged white male pig, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    So you would be cool with a white male playing a black character? You are a racist priviliged white male pig, tbh.
    So anyone who liked Batman Begins is racist?

OK.

Like I said, it depends on the character. Sometimes it can work, sometimes it doesn't. It's a risk.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So anyone who liked Batman Begins is racist?

OK.

Like I said, it depends on the character. Sometimes it can work, sometimes it doesn't. It's a risk.
    According to many SJW, yes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    According to many SJW, yes.
    But what about you?

I'm asking you if you think that any white person who like Batman Begins is racist.

Do you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But what about you?

I'm asking you if you think that any white person who like Batman Begins is racist.

Do you?
    Of course not. I, obviously, don't think you are racist either for thinking a white male could play Blade. I just prefer well known character to retain their classic looks. That doesn't make me a racist either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Of course not. I, obviously, don't think you are racist either for thinking a white male could play Blade. I just prefer well known character to retain their classic looks. That doesn't make me a racist either.
    David Hasselhoff is a dead ringer for classic Nick Fury. I think we're all better off since he didn't reprise his performance.

I think the Ancient One was a missed opportunity but Swinton was so good it's hard to argue at this point. I'm sure Shang-Chi is going to be Black Panther for basically every Asian actor of note.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This is how I feel about it:

i get the sense that you'll say all the liberal things but then still get really uneasy when black people move in next door tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    did anybody think tessa thompson ruined Valkyrie just because the character hadn't previously been portrayed as black?

did jason momoa ruin aquaman because he didnt look white enough?

for some characters, their race is pretty essential to their character. for others, not so much.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i get the sense that you'll say all the liberal things but then still get really uneasy when black people move in next door tbh
    If ever there was stat that anyone would like to see, this is definitely one. I'd bet more than not.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah well, that's why you don't know me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This is how I feel about it:

those dudes got triggered by a young Monica Rambeau when it's pretty obvious that character is set up to be the next Captain Marvel when Larson ages out. In the comics that mantle has been flipping between white and white women and women of color for decades -- some of the most blatant flipping in comic book history. Their outrage is corny.

Thread Information