Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update: I think Poeltl's value is actually going down. A big who is weak on the defensive boards, can't shoot and can't really defend out on the perimeter? How do you pay someone like that more than $3 million per year in today's NBA? If you have a non-shooting big, at the very least he has to be a beast on the defensive glass to warrant paying him.
    Omg, all these self pronounced experts are so hillarious.

but you‘re right. They don‘t have to pay the guy with the best netrating. Someone else will.
    Last edited by ragas; 12-02-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a tall sack of trash. Any player his size will outscore him, and outrebound him.
    Drummond‘s average stats this season: 17/17
    Today: 9/16

Drummond and Griffin had combined 19 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves his whitey bigs whether they’re good or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond‘s average stats this season: 17/17
    Today: 9/16

Drummond and Griffin had combined 19 points.
    I'm looking, and looking, and I have to say, it appears you left something out. How many points did the tall trash bag score? And how many rebounds did he get?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck finding someone who outrebounds Drummond and makes up for the guards brain farts. These eye-test grades suck. Poeltl should be happy to leave this show after this season.
    I would agree if, if Jakob showed some improvement on offense or continued his improved defensive rebounding from last year.

Other than his little stand still floaters and tricky, Spliiter - esque inside finishes, Poeltl has shown no progression by adding anything on offense. No back to the basket moves (or a hook shot), a mid - range or three-pount shot to make himself more versatile or a bigger threat. I like him but thought he'd have shown something that warrants more optimism like you have.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would agree if, if Jakob showed some improvement on offense or continued his improved defensive rebounding from last year.

Other than his little stand still floaters and tricky, Spliiter - esque inside finishes, Poeltl has shown no progression by adding anything on offense. No back to the basket moves (or a hook shot), a mid - range or three-pount shot to make himself more versatile or a bigger threat. I like him but thought he'd have shown something that warrants more optimism like you have.
    Good post. I agree with many points. He has to improve on the offense. I think he has to set priorities in the next summer. He always tried to get little bit better in many parts of the game. He should pick one or two parts that serve him best. Bulking up without losing speed and his low post game would be my number 1. Working on free throws (- and the three pointer after that)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post. I agree with many points. He has to improve on the offense. I think he has to set priorities in the next summer. He always tried to get little bit better in many parts of the game. He should pick one or two that serves him best. Bulking up without losing speed would be my number 1. Working on free throws and the three pointer.
    When will we actually see what he works on in the summer translate to NBA games? He supposedly worked on adding a perimeter shot or being more confident in attempting them, yet here we are with him living strictly in the paint (while not being able to play above the rim).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking, and looking, and I have to say, it appears you left something out. How many points did the tall trash bag score? And how many rebounds did he get?
    I‘m looking as looking and I‘m seeing nobody other than Embid who did better against Drummonf so far. And Embid had Simmons and Horford beside him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Poeltl is still an above average backup center. It's just that you can get an average backup center for around a minimum contract ... so how much can you pay Poeltl? A decade ago, Poeltl is making $50 million. Today, you just can't pay him that much given the market.

, look at the Pistons game. Christian Wood is a minimum player on his fourth team and he just put up 28 and 10 in 22 minutes on the Spurs. A decade ago, there's no way a big with his skill would slip through the cracks. In the league these days, if you're not an elite big man, you just aren't that valuable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will we actually see what he works on in the summer translate to NBA games? He supposedly worked on adding a perimeter shot or being more confident in attempting them, yet here we are with him living strictly in the paint (while not being able to play above the rim).
    that‘s what I said. He has to concentrate on 1-2 things instead of trying to do too much on everything.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Poeltl is still an above average backup center. It's just that you can get an average backup center for around a minimum contract ... so how much can you pay Poeltl? A decade ago, Poeltl is making $50 million. Today, you just can't pay him that much given the market.

, look at the Pistons game. Christian Wood is a minimum player on his fourth team and he just put up 28 and 10 in 22 minutes on the Spurs. A decade ago, there's no way a big with his skill would slip through the cracks. In the league these days, if you're not an elite big man, you just aren't that valuable.
    And I think he has more in him that he‘s been able to show on offense so far. He doesn‘t get the chance to show more and needs better passing guards. But he has to improve, too. No doubt! Poeltl I s still only 24 and needs a better development plan.

btw: you‘re still ignoring the fact that he has the best netrating.
    Last edited by ragas; 12-02-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves his whitey bigs whether they’re good or not.
    Poeltl‘s biggest flaw is that he‘s a team player. If he would play more for himself like most of the other guys, it would be better for his new contract - although being less valuable for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any other team: 13/3
    spurs culture contract: 24/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any other team: 13/3
    spurs culture contract: 24/3
    daily reminder that we're still paying pau gasol
    good culture aint cheap boys

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best thing for the spurs would be to get rid of every single one of this losers on the team, so no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its too soon to say but the early signs are not positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sometimes blocks shots and is sometimes even lucky enough to score when he's left wide open. Not worthy of an extension when guys like this are a dime a dozen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sometimes blocks shots and is sometimes even lucky enough to score when he's left wide open. Not worthy of an extension when guys like this are a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by ragas; 12-04-2019 at 08:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of other bigs in the league are capable of doing the same thing he did last night. Capela still killed him (and was playing sick), btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to be a miserable to argue so passionately against a guy on your own team, who plays so hard and actually has a positive impact (we're not talking Wombat or Belli here).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already said that I don't mind him at a low number, but the Spurs don't give out those contracts anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is good, he just needs to work on his offense. Great rim protector and roll man

Thread Information