Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in principle, Amazon could burn through available workers

An investigation from the New York Times found that, among hourly employees, Amazon’s turnover was approximately 150 percent annually, while work from the Wall Street Journal and National Employment Law Project have both found turnover to be around 100 percent in warehouses — double the industry average. The rate at which Amazon has burned through the American working-age populus led to another piece of internal research, obtained this summer by Recode, which cautioned that the company might “deplete the available labor supply in the US” in certain metro regions within a few years.
    https://www.engadget.com/amazon-attr...201800110.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FB trying to bully countries has had some hilarious and pathetic results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facebook's Fact-checkers Will Stop Checking Trump After Announcement of Presidential Bid

CNN reports:
    Facebook's fact-checkers will need to stop fact-checking former President Donald Trump following the announcement that he is running for president, according to a company memo obtained by CNN.

While Trump is currently banned from Facebook, the fact-check ban applies to anything Trump says, and false statements made by Trump can be posted to the platform by others. Despite Trump's ban, "Team Trump," a page run by Trump's political group, is still active and has 2.3 million followers.... The carve-out is not exclusive to Trump and applies to all politicians, but given the rate fact-checkers find themselves dealing with claims made by the former president, a manager on Meta's "news integrity partnership" team emailed fact-checkers on Tuesday ahead of Trump's announcement. ...

The company has long had an exception to its fact-checking policy for politicians. "It is not our role to intervene when politicians speak," Meta executive Nick Clegg, a former politician, said in 2019, defending the exemption. The Meta memo sent to fact-checkers made clear that if Trump announced a 2024 presidential bid Tuesday night, he could no longer be fact-checked on the platform. The memo noted that "political speech is ineligible for fact-checking. This includes the words a politician says as well as photo, video, or other content that is clearly labeled as created by the politician or their campaign."

It concluded that "if former President Trump makes a clear, public announcement that he is running for office, he would be considered a politician under our program policies."

Andy Stone, a Meta spokesperson, said the memo was "a reiteration of our long-standing policy" and "should not be news to anyone...."

Meta plans on considering allowing Trump back on the platform as soon as January — two years since his initial ban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the only way they can allow DJT so much free coverage, by promising beforehand not to criticize him.

lol grannies and grandpas like me on facebook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the only way they can allow DJT so much free coverage, by promising beforehand not to criticize him.

lol grannies and grandpas like me on facebook.
    Interesting comment on that newsbit:
    so if Hitler is posting conspiracies about Jews and following that up by saying all true patriots must defend the Fatherland, rise up and kill the heathens, Facebook has nothing to say about that.

But yeah, all about clickbait...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facebook's Fact-checkers Will Stop Checking Trump After Announcement of Presidential Bid

CNN reports:
    Facebook's fact-checkers will need to stop fact-checking former President Donald Trump following the announcement that he is running for president, according to a company memo obtained by CNN.

While Trump is currently banned from Facebook, the fact-check ban applies to anything Trump says, and false statements made by Trump can be posted to the platform by others. Despite Trump's ban, "Team Trump," a page run by Trump's political group, is still active and has 2.3 million followers.... The carve-out is not exclusive to Trump and applies to all politicians, but given the rate fact-checkers find themselves dealing with claims made by the former president, a manager on Meta's "news integrity partnership" team emailed fact-checkers on Tuesday ahead of Trump's announcement. ...

The company has long had an exception to its fact-checking policy for politicians. "It is not our role to intervene when politicians speak," Meta executive Nick Clegg, a former politician, said in 2019, defending the exemption. The Meta memo sent to fact-checkers made clear that if Trump announced a 2024 presidential bid Tuesday night, he could no longer be fact-checked on the platform. The memo noted that "political speech is ineligible for fact-checking. This includes the words a politician says as well as photo, video, or other content that is clearly labeled as created by the politician or their campaign."

It concluded that "if former President Trump makes a clear, public announcement that he is running for office, he would be considered a politician under our program policies."

Andy Stone, a Meta spokesperson, said the memo was "a reiteration of our long-standing policy" and "should not be news to anyone...."

Meta plans on considering allowing Trump back on the platform as soon as January — two years since his initial ban.
    Wtf? Lol paging daboom1

DarrinS

SnakeBoy

koriwhat to explain this liberal media conspiracy to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    criminal liability should extend to principals for like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FB and Google losing ground in the ad wars

Meta and Alphabet have lost their dominance over the digital advertising market they have ruled for years, as the duopoly is hit by fast-growing compe ion from rivals Amazon, TikTok, Microsoft and Apple. The share of US ad revenues held by Facebook’s parent Meta and Google owner Alphabet is projected to fall by 2.5 percentage points to 48.4 per cent this year, the first time the two groups will not hold a majority share of the market since 2014, according to research group Insider Intelligence. This will mark the fifth consecutive annual decline for the duopoly, whose share of the market has fallen from a peak of 54.7 per cent in 2017 and is forecast to decline to 43.9 per cent by 2024. Worldwide, Meta and ‘Four years ago, you wouldn’t be talking about either [TikTok or Amazon] in advertising,’ said [Jerry Dischler, head of ads at Google]. ‘So it’s really telling that more and more people are acknowledging that advertising is a great and scalable business model
    https://www.ft.com/content/4ff64604-...9-0ca8e5133042

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Digital redlining

EFF’s first ask for the incoming Biden Administration on broadband policy was to ban digital redlining by regulating broadband as a public good instead of a private luxury. EFF has extensively researched the state of fiber broadband infrastructure in the United States for years. We’ve identified a disturbing trend in low-income access: the systemic underinvestment in their networks. Major broadband providers have been segregating internet users into first-class fiber internet and second-class legacy internet, even in areas where it would be profitable to provide equal access.
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2022/1...22-year-review

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another great Cory Doctorow thread

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oopsy, guessing this isn't what the GOP had in mind when they called for today's saber-rattling hearing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because, of course they did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mindless cold war atavism plus xenophobia sells.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unsurprising, but newsworthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Square juiced the user count, screwed merchants, turned a blind eye to criminal activity and cashed in on COVID relief fraud.

Insiders like Jack Dorsey cashed out over $1B in stock in 2021.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/block/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Elon has reached cartoonish levels of depravity, but he's hardly done. Human trials are next.

FDA greenlights human trials of NeuraLink. Did they not notice what happened to the monkeys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The monkeys were going to die anyway" isn't the most comforting thought.

Wonder what Musk thinks of the paraplegics.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxjp...s-human-trials

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "The monkeys were going to die anyway" isn't the most comforting thought.

Wonder what Musk thinks of the paraplegics.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxjp...s-human-trials
    Hope & pray it's not what Madonna thinks of the Trumps, or, the Snoop thinks of Trump, or, the Milley thinks of Trump. On & on, Winester.

You've nary room, Winester. Nary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elon Musk demands Bob Iger ‘be fired’ after Disney pulled ads from X

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elon Musk demands Bob Iger ‘be fired’ after Disney pulled ads from X
    Let's see how Earth responds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House passes bill that could lead to US ban of TikTok.

Yam s opposed passage of the bill it, so did TikTok creators (and Beijing) angrily opposed it, with Chyna’s foreign ministry calling it an “act of bullying.”

Musk and Zuckerberg are happy.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    House passes bill that could lead to US ban of TikTok.

Yam s opposed passage of the bill it, so did TikTok creators (and Beijing) angrily opposed it, with Chyna’s foreign ministry calling it an “act of bullying.”

Musk and Zuckerberg are happy.

Perhaps, I hope & pray, that this rejection of TT will spur the zipperheads to take off after Taiwan like the last oriental pork chop on the plate. I'm bound to confess: They ain't shown me much to this point.

Thread Information