Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA s cannot code!

A string of top accounts on the new pro-Trump app GETTR were hacked and defaced on its July 4 launch day.

GETTR, the new social media platform set up by allies of former President Donald Trump, was been hacked on the day of its July 4 launch.

The platform's most popular verified users, mostly former Trump aides, had their accounts compromised. GETTR's official support page was also targeted.

Jason Miller, who founded the platform and was formerly a spokesperson to Trump, had his page taken over.

The accounts of Mike Pompeo, Steve Bannon, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Harlan Hill, Sean Parnell, and the pro-Trump broadcaster Newsmax were also hacked.

All of these account's profiles were changed to show the same message: "@JubaBaghdad was here ^^ free palestine ^^."

The accounts were first hacked at around 8:30 a.m. EST, and the majority of the profiles returned to their previous state by 10:00 a.m. EST.

Insider spoke to the user @JubaBaghdad, who claimed responsibility for the hack, via Twitter direct message.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YouTube Just Punished Brazil's President for Spreading Lies About COVID
    The move is the strongest yet from the social media giants to censor the outspoken, right-wing Jair Bolsonaro, who is already fighting back.

RIO DE JANEIRO — YouTube has removed videos posted by Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro for violating its content policies, in the strongest measure yet that tech giants in the social media–loving country have taken toward censoring the president.

YouTube has said that if Bolsonaro breaks the video-sharing service’s rules again, his channel may be suspended for a week and, in case of recurrence, he should be permanently banned.

The video platform told the far-right leader last week that 15 of his videos had been removed from his channel for spreading COVID-19 misinformation—some of which promoted quack coronavirus cures that critics say can sometimes cause collateral health damages like kidney failure.

The news came days after the president was discharged from hospital after undergoing treatment for an intestinal blockage that provoked a 10-day hiccup attack that hindered his ability to speak.

President Bolsonaro has so far remained silent on YouTube’s decision, but he’s been increasingly vocal in railing against lockdowns, stirring vaccine su ions and COVID-related hoaxes, ridiculing people for wearing masks and downplaying the dangers of the virus as “a little flu.” Last year, the former army captain accused the press of “tricking” citizens about the severity of the virus.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nk...es-about-covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple to roll out spyware in IOS 15 that turns your device into a narc.

Apple intends to install software on American iPhones to scan for child abuse imagery, according to people briefed on its plans, raising alarm among security researchers who warn that it could open the door to surveillance of millions of people’s personal devices.

Apple detailed its proposed system — known as “neuralMatch” — to some US academics earlier this week, according to two security researchers briefed on the virtual meeting.

The automated system would proactively alert a team of human reviewers if it believes illegal imagery is detected, who would then contact law enforcement if the material can be verified. The scheme will initially roll out only in the US.

Apple confirmed its plans in a blog post, saying the scanning technology is part of a new suite of child protection systems that would “evolve and expand over time”. The features will be rolled out as part of iOS 15, expected to be released next month….

“It is an absolutely appalling idea, because it is going to lead to distributed bulk surveillance of . . . our phones and laptops,” said Ross Anderson, professor of security engineering at the University of Cambridge.
    https://www.ft.com/content/14440f81-...2-a81458f5411f

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although the system is currently trained to spot child sex abuse, it could be adapted to scan for any other targeted imagery and text, for instance, terror beheadings or anti-government signs at protests, say researchers. Apple’s precedent could also increase pressure on other tech companies to use similar techniques.

“This will break the dam — governments will demand it from everyone,” said Matthew Green, a security professor at Johns Hopkins University, who is believed to be the first researcher to post a tweet about the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    automation isn't a panacea, but kind of the reverse -- it's generally used to increase rather than to replace painful drudgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a new trend where businesses are denied the ability to accept Mastercard or Visa based off your political view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a new trend where businesses are denied the ability to accept Mastercard or Visa based off your political view.
    do tell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this er needs to ride a rocket into the sun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taliban are literally just republicans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, dog

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this er needs to ride a rocket into the sun

That's disgusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    three companies control 90% of the US market -- an oligopoly

paper ballots marked by hand would eliminate the systemic risk

https://apnews.com/article/technolog...d713620d764629

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gateway Pundit demonetized by Google/Youtube

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facebook Apologizes After Its AI Labeled Black Men 'Primates'

Facebook users who watched a newspaper video featuring black men were asked if they wanted to "keep seeing videos about primates" by an artificial-intelligence recommendation system. From a report: Facebook told BBC News it "was clearly an unacceptable error", disabled the system and launched an investigation. "We apologise to anyone who may have seen these offensive recommendations." It is the latest in a long-running series of errors that have raised concerns over racial bias in AI.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Facebook Apologizes After Its AI Labeled Black Men 'Primates'

Facebook users who watched a newspaper video featuring black men were asked if they wanted to "keep seeing videos about primates" by an artificial-intelligence recommendation system. From a report: Facebook told BBC News it "was clearly an unacceptable error", disabled the system and launched an investigation. "We apologise to anyone who may have seen these offensive recommendations." It is the latest in a long-running series of errors that have raised concerns over racial bias in AI.
    ...big deal. I just hated the AI ever since the last issue of Tecmo Super Bowl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thread on the Epic v Apple injunction

tl;dr

Federal claims and counterclaims thrown out, but Epic can proceed in CA.

Thread Information