Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neph is a sociopath too. He started wearing that in the Finals again despite the ongoing legal dispute.
    If he was wearing Nike products with the logo there wouldn't be any problem (obviously)

What he did do,was that he had no brand apparel imprinted with the logo and he was wearing that gear to promote the logo without the Nike Swoosh anywhere on the clothes.

And apparently Nike warned him to not do that long before filing a lawsuit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luck runs out eventually when you're an effing idiot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi party claims Kawhi sketched the original KL2 design in 2011, when he was wearing #15 then?
    He was drafted in 2011...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really a boring, ty logo.
    Mr body thinks his logo would be better with his private’s

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the logo is easily one of the better, most original logos in the league. might even be the best amongst active players tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i think kawhi will lose. i do kinda remember him saying something like he came up with the idea but nike perfected it. something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nike spend money developing and marketing the logo. Why should they give it away to a compe or? Nephew can use the crayon drawing if he wants to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same crayon color he used for his goodbye letter, tbh...
    Which one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the logo is easily one of the better, most original logos in the league. might even be the best amongst active players tbh.
    Easily the best current logo. If he continues dominating on the court, and somehow becomes really marketable off of it thanks to the LA market it would be the most iconic logo since the jumpman, imho.

If he was wearing Nike products with the logo there wouldn't be any problem (obviously)

What he did do,was that he had no brand apparel imprinted with the logo and he was wearing that gear to promote the logo without the Nike Swoosh anywhere on the clothes.

And apparently Nike warned him to not do that long before filing a lawsuit.

Yeah, like I said he's a sociopath. Or the Unc is. Or both.

He didn't wear it all playoffs then randomly busted it out in the Finals as a big you to Nike. Normally I side with the player on stuff like this but someone has to stop these gots. They just think they can do whatever the they want. Hopefully Nike gets awarded a good lump for those times he used the logo in Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should just modify it enough to get it past copyright/trademark laws and roll out his own new Klaw logo. Just play the same game Nike's playing. But running around sporting the Nike branded logo version is dumb, especially considering that he's probably signed off the rights to it in a fairly iron-clad deal.

Or, even easier, he could probably buy the rights back from Nike if he'd engage them in a friendly negotiation. Not sure what they'll ever do with it at this point. Uncle probably filed the lawsuit paperwork himself when Nike served them with the order to quit sporting the Klaw logo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would Nike want to keep the rights to a logo they can't use on any other ocassion? I'm all for ing Kawhi up, but that just seems pettiness at it's most bitter version, tbh.
    They probably don't want a rival (New Balance) to benefit off the fruits of their labor. They also probably spent a good amount to have the logo developed. like that is expensive. There was a post here that said the Spurs paid a marketing firm $1 million in 1999 money for them to develop a slogan for that playoff run. It ended up being "go spurs go".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

autist confirmed. Kawhi is a 4-year old in a man's body

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Nike accused kwitter of breach of contract and fraud. Why does that sound familiar?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care if he got us another ring or not, good riddance to this joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Z

I was confused since he didn't wear that number back then.
    What probably happened is that Kawhi didn't invent that logo in college but Kawhi's camp said he did because they can't help lying anytime they have a chance, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kindergarten-2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nike has a history of making measured, calculating controversial decisions in it's marketing as evidenced by it's Kapernick promotions. I wonder if Nike sees some healthy hate in the Laker, Spur, Rap, and Thunder fanbases against KL and decided to with him over this issue? Even though Kawhi figuratively said you to Nike by wearing the logo in the playoffs, I don't think Nike would have counter sued unless they felt it was in their best interest marketing wise.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's what Kawhi's camp claims, but I doubt it. Look how the number 2 is highlighted there. Didn't Kawhi use 15 in college?
    He wore 22 in high school then chose 15 in college b/c Carmelo was his favorite player:

When he got drafted, 15/22 were taken (Bonner/Tiago) so I guess he went with 2. He probably designed it during the lockout after he chose the number but BEFORE he signed a shoe contract. He signed w/ Jordan AFTER the '13 Finals: http://jordansdaily.com/2013/11/04/j...kawhi-leonard/

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nike has a history of making measured, calculating controversial decisions in it's marketing as evidenced by it's Kapernick promotions. I wonder if Nike sees some healthy hate in the Laker, Spur, Rap, and Thunder fanbases against KL and decided to with him over this issue? Even though Kawhi figuratively said you to Nike by wearing the logo in the playoffs, I don't think Nike would have counter sued unless they felt it was in their best interest marketing wise.
    GM LeBron probably felt slighted when Nephew left him hanging & called Nike's lawyers out of pity ala the Jeanie/Ballmer fiasco.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I hope it goes to trial. I want to see all the evidence Leonard says he has. Whether he has enough or not you don’t play chicken with someone like Nike.

Why didn’t Nike sue first? I can understand sending the first letter as a warning but Leonard wore it 3-5 more times after that. Nike even sent a second (maybe more?) letter of warning. They let it slide for like 6 months before Leonard finally sued. Weird to me if Nike has it locked up like they claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave better interviews in 2011. The PEDs rotted brain cells.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard can pay for a decent lawyer...but Nike has deeper pockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dealing with Uncle Dennis, you know it sneaky rotten

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 07-18-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some John Coffey . Like the drink only not spelled the same.

Thread Information