San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UD2DV

McConnell will kill it, probably not even allow a vote
    i hope he does!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens to the person already making $15/hour?

Does they get a bump? Or just demoted to min wage worker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid, dumb, dumb, dumb to not even do it on a federal level. Rural areas will be crushed. No point of even doing any kind of business, everyone would revert back to subsistence agriculture and everything else would be a luxury item. Get ready for the "everyday low prices" at Walmart to be a thing of the past.
    No, megacorps like Walmart and McDonald's can afford to pay more and are exactly the type of places that should raise wages without it affecting pricing structure a whole lot. It's the rural mom-and-pop business that would suffer. Some family owned grocery store in Podunk, TX (or pick your state) probably cannot afford to pay somebody $15/hour to stock shelves and run a cash register. That would just open the door for the Walmarts, etc to complete their world domination.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, megacorps like Walmart and McDonald's can afford to pay more and are exactly the type of places that should raise wages without it affecting pricing structure a whole lot. It's the rural mom-and-pop business that would suffer. Some family owned grocery store in Podunk, TX (or pick your state) probably cannot afford to pay somebody $15/hour to stock shelves and run a cash register. That would just open the door for the Walmarts, etc to complete their world domination.
    That's correct regarding the rural mom and pop stores, they'll go out of business and people living in small rural areas will be forced to drive 30+ miles to get groceries.

Stores like Walmart, even though they should probably dock their filthy rich executives' pay and stock price, you just know they'll pass on the beef of the costs to the customers which is BS but it's America.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a "smart" $15/hour would consider the number of employees paid minimum wage and revenue of the company.

In any case, a business that depends on paying poverty wages is a pretty ty business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a "smart" $15/hour would consider the number of employees paid minimum wage and revenue of the company.

In any case, a business that depends on paying poverty wages is a pretty ty business.
    those who seek employment at min wage jobs not in their teens are the real problem tbh. get educated and not at the indoctrination stations nation wide, up your game, find a niche, become an entrepreneur, etc... settling for min wage is a teenager's problem and shouldn't be an adult's nor an adult with a family to take care of.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll ask again; Boutons, what do you do for a living? How much of your personal wealth do you redistribute the way you envision everyone else needs to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll ask again; Boutons, what do you do for a living? How much of your personal wealth do you redistribute the way you envision everyone else needs to?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big ing deal... it won't pass the senate and the house is full of re ed loons trying to ruin our economy by upping min wage for half-assed teen labor. say o to full automation in no time at all.
    And Trump would veto it in either event. But this is a virtue signal win to their imbecile cons uency. It's what they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Trump would veto it in either event. But this is a virtue signal win to their imbecile cons uency. It's what they do.
    Let's call it what it is. Bribery.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lulz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less hours you say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lulz
    he did this because he had them on salary and was working them 60+ hrs. that dude is a crock of !

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smart recognition of small businesses is how San Antonio is implementing mandatory paid sick leave, unless the bag TX Repug fascists screw over SA Labor.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the no reply when I asked him to help his community out by volunteering...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many people make minimum wage or less? 3% of employable individuals? Just want to see some substance to both the allegations this is the end of business as we know it, and that it will economically lift the poor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exact same thing can be said of tax cuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exact same thing can be said of tax cuts.
    Someone else brought this up in another thread which I easily debunked. Bribery is something that otherwise isn't on the table. Taxes and tax policy are always on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are tax cuts bribery?

edit: see that somebody else raised this again. fitting as you've never explained it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone else brought this up in another thread which I easily debunked. Bribery is something that otherwise isn't on the table. Taxes and tax policy are always on the table.
    you never debunked it. you ran away from the question. how does something "being on the table" (however you quantify that) mean that it can't be bribery?

do you consider tax cuts to be "something of value" chris?

how are increasing minimum wages not on the table?

so many unanswered questions that will remain unanswered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil.
    ya know, when you leave questions unanswered, those questions tend to come back for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya know, when you leave questions unanswered, those questions tend to come back for you
    A game of semantics is probably why I initially avoided your inane interrogation to begin with.

Thread Information