Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen, and I think the only records that matter for GOAT will be total GS won and most weeks at #1, something I expect Djokovic to finish with

Check out this article about Djokovic 2015 vs Federer 2006. Towards the bottom of the article they go into depth about the two seasons in comparison with each other. I think it's spot on personally, but obviously Federer's 2006 is up there:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tennis-history
    So we go from:

By any metric 2011 and 2015 Djokovic was the GOAT
    To:

I think it's spot on personally, but obviously Federer's 2006 is up there
    I thought any metric had, not only 2015, but also 2011 Djokovic over any other player.

2006 Federer > 2015 Djokovic by a small but sure enough margin, tbh.

Better winning %
    Better % of sets won
    Better % of games won
    Better % of points won

The only argument that could be made in favour of Djokovic is the two Masters Series advantage but when you factor that Roger didn't play two master series in 2006 that argument loses weight.

The "compe ion" argument is a subjective bull one. That's the type of argument old farts would use to still claim that Sampras is better than Djokovic. In fact, I could argue that, since 2006 Nadal > 2015 Nadal, Roger is actually the one that had the tougher compe ion. One thing is for sure though, 2006 Federer wouldn't have wasted the opportunity of winning a calender year slam in a Roland Garros final vs Stanislas ing Wawrinka, tbh.

Another missed opportunity for Djokovic was the Golden medal in 2015. 2006 Federer probably adds gold to his resume.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-30-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we go from:

To:

I thought any metric had, not only 2015, but also 2011 Djokovic over any other player.

2006 Federer > 2015 Djokovic by a small but sure enough margin, tbh.

Better winning %
    Better % of sets won
    Better % of games won
    Better % of points won

The only argument that could be made in favour of Djokovic is the two Masters Series advantage but when you factor that Roger didn't play two master series in 2006 that argument loses weight.

The "compe ion" argument is a subjective bull one. That's the type of argument old farts would use to still claim that Sampras is better than Djokovic. In fact, I could argue that, since 2006 Nadal > 2015 Nadal, Roger is actually the one that had the tougher compe ion. One thing is for sure though, 2006 Federer wouldn't have wasted the opportunity of winning a calender year slam in a Roland Garros final vs Stanislas ing Wawrinka, tbh.

Another missed opportunity for Djokovic was the Golden medal in 2015. 2006 Federer probably adds gold to his resume.
    Federer is one of the biggest mentally soft players when it comes to capitalizing. He's blown 22 match points and several against Djokovic himself. Federer is the last guy to seal the deal especially as his career has gone. He sucks with pressure.

Wawrinka was INCREDIBLE in that match when he beat Djokovic.

I think 2011 Djokovic is the greatest player ever, but 2015 was the greatest season in tennis history, won multiple masters on clay as well, and was winning some of those tourneys as a slight underdog.

Federer had weak compe ion in 2004-2007, it's a fact. Rod was his toughest compe ion and once Nadal came into prominence he started beating H2H.

2015 was just an insane year for Novak on just about EVERY surface. His record against a better top 10 than what Federer faced in 2006 was fantastic. Much better ELO rating for that season than Federer for 2006 too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer is one of the biggest mentally soft players when it comes to capitalizing. He's blown 22 match points and several against Djokovic himself. Federer is the last guy to seal the deal especially as his career has gone. He sucks with pressure.

Wawrinka was INCREDIBLE in that match when he beat Djokovic.
    Federer lost some close marches in his career. 2006 Federer wouldn't have had a close game vs Wawrinka in a Grand Slam final.

I think 2011 Djokovic is the greatest player ever, but 2015 was the greatest season in tennis history, won multiple masters on clay as well, and was winning some of those tourneys as a slight underdog.

Federer had weak compe ion in 2004-2007, it's a fact. Rod was his toughest compe ion and once Nadal came into prominence he started beating H2H.

2015 was just an insane year for Novak on just about EVERY surface. His record against a better top 10 than what Federer faced in 2006 was fantastic. Much better ELO rating for that season than Federer for 2006 too.
    Past prime Federer still beat absolute prime Djokovic three times in that 2015. That's why he's the GOAT.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer lost some close marches in his career. 2006 Federer wouldn't have had a close game vs Wawrinka in a Grand Slam final.

Past prime Federer still beat absolute prime Djokovic three times in that 2015. That's why he's the GOAT.
    Honestly Fed deserves a lot of credit for that

2011 Djokovic on the other hand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djokovic beat Nadal at Roland garros something federer hasn’t done in his career..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djokovic beat Nadal at Roland garros something federer hasn’t done in his career..
    Djokovic puts excuses and quits when he gets outplayed. Something Federer hasn't done in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer choking against dimitrov at US Open

federer always chokes at us open..hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer choking against dimitrov at US Open

federer always chokes at us open..hahaha
    He won it 5 times LOL.. He is 38.. Tough to see him lose tonight, but nobody will ever play at this level into their late 30's again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djokovic puts excuses and quits when he gets outplayed. Something Federer hasn't done in his career.
    Yeah that was BS when he walked over, being down 2-0 in sets and just getting broke in the 3rd.. Seen that before.. Sucks Fed loses tonight, but I still think he can win 1 more major before it is over.. But health may be starting to play a larger role at 38 now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time he won the usopen was way back in 2008..after that he always chokes at the us open..haha

If he’s old then just retire..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won it 5 times LOL.. He is 38.. Tough to see him lose tonight, but nobody will ever play at this level into their late 30's again?

hw won 4 of his 5 us open in the weak era..lol..after 2008 he never won the us open and always chokes at b quarter finals or semifinals..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time he won the usopen was way back in 2008..after that he always chokes at the us open..haha

If he’s old then just retire..
    To say someone "Always Chokes" that means they never have success.. In the Open Era he is tied all time with Connors, and Sampras. They all have 5.. So he is in a 3 way tie for the most wins ever at the US Open. And he will retire when he can't compete anymore. He was in the finals at Wimbledon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To say someone "Always Chokes" that means they never have success.. In the Open Era he is tied all time with Connors, and Sampras. They all have 5.. So he is in a 3 way tie for the most wins ever at the US Open. And he will retire when he can't compete anymore. He was in the finals at Wimbledon.
    i know he won 5 us open but in the weak era..he beat a 20/21 year ol djokovic in 2007 and 2008..but after that he never won the us open again even if he’s still young back then..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hw won 4 of his 5 us open in the weak era..lol..after 2008 he never won the us open and always chokes at b quarter finals or semifinals..
    He's got Majors off Nadal and Novak Son.. In 2017 he beat Nadal to win the Aussie Open. He Beat him again at the Wimbledon semi's this year. He beat Novak in his youth to win at the US Open. Won Wimbledon twice off Nadal in the finals.. Beat Murray two times in finals at the Aussie and Wimbledon. Rod is in the HOF and he smoked his ass in numerous finals. BTW who did Pete have as major compe ion in his era? The best guy was Agassi. Agassi for all his talent, spent more time eating hamburgers, doing drugs, and dating celebs than playing tennis for most of his 20's..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know he won 5 us open but in the weak era..he beat a 20/21 year ol djokovic in 2007 and 2008..but after that he never won the us open again even if he’s still young back then..
    Okay Pete won 5.

3 of them against Agassi who is NOT Novak or Nadal. He was fat and unmotivated much of his career. The other 2 he beat Michael Chang, and Cédric Pioline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got Majors off Nadal and Novak Son.. In 2017 he beat Nadal to win the Aussie Open. He Beat him again at the Wimbledon semi's this year. He beat Novak in his youth to win at the US Open. Won Wimbledon twice off Nadal in the finals.. Beat Murray two times in finals at the Aussie and Wimbledon. Rod is in the HOF and he smoked his ass in numerous finals. BTW who did Pete have as major compe ion in his era? The best guy was Agassi. Agassi for all his talent, spent more time eating hamburgers, doing drugs, and dating celebs than playing tennis for most of his 20's..
    how many slams did federer won in this decade? Or from 2010 to 2015? 3? Lol..That time is the time nadal and djokovic reach their prime..

federer isn’t too old from 2010 to 2015..infact he’s still young back then..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay Pete won 5.

3 of them against Agassi who is NOT Novak or Nadal. He was fat and unmotivated much of his career. The other 2 he beat Michael Chang, and Cédric Pioline.

i don’t care about Sampras..nadal and djokovic are way better than him..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many slams did federer won in this decade? Or from 2010 to 2015? 3? Lol..That time is the time nadal and djokovic reach their prime..
    When Fed was young he used to dominate Novak. And the Nadal rivalry has actually gone his way in recent years.. Nobody wins 20 Majors with all those guys in their prime at the same time Duh. Is that supposed to be an insult to Roger? That is like saying "Jordan would never have won 6 rings if he had to play Bird and the Celts, and Magic and the Lakers all in their primes for 10 years" Well no ing ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don’t care about Sampras..nadal and djokovic are way better than him..lol
    Pete actually ruins Nadal on Grass and Hard courts. See Nadal standing at the wall on the return? Good Luck doing that with Pete when he serves and Volleys at 130 MPH..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pete actually ruins Nadal on Grass and Hard courts. See Nadal standing at the wall on the return? Good Luck doing that with Pete when he serves and Volleys at 130 MPH..
    how sure are you of that? Did you see Sampras play nadal and djokovic?lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how sure are you of that? Did you see Sampras play nadal and djokovic?lol
    Styles make fights.. Same in Tennis.. Bad style for Nadal returning that way. He better move his ass way up.. Love Pete on Grass in that one. And Hard Courts.. Nadal ruins him on Clay..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Fed was young he used to dominate Novak. And the Nadal rivalry has actually gone his way in recent years.. Nobody wins 20 Majors with all those guys in their prime at the same time Duh. Is that supposed to be an insult to Roger? That is like saying "Jordan would never have won 6 rings if he had to play Bird and the Celts, and Magic and the Lakers all in their primes for 10 years" Well no ing ..
    Federer won most of his slams in the weak era..that’s why I asked you how many slams did federer won from 2010 to 2015?because that time nadal and djokovic starts to mature.. federer is not old those years..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Styles make fights.. Same in Tennis.. Bad style for Nadal returning that way. He better move his ass way up.. Love Pete on Grass in that one. And Hard Courts.. Nadal ruins him on Clay..

Dont assume on things you didn’t see..haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer won most of his slams in the weak era..that’s why I asked you how many slams did federer won from 2010 to 2015?because that time nadal and djokovic starts to mature.. federer is not old those years..
    Weak era by what standard? Pete's era was better? Who did he play? Andre. Yeah so what? Give me an example? Fed, Nadal and Novak are considered to be the top 3 all time players..

Did Jordan beat Larry and Magic to win his rings in their primes? No he beat Barkley and Gary Payton..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weak era by what standard? Pete's era was better? Who did he play? Andre. Yeah so what? Give me an example? Fed, Nadal and Novak are considered to be the top 3 all time players..
    why you put Pete in the argument when we are talking about about djokovic and federer..LoL

Thread Information