Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that’s why I said federer played inthe weak era because his only rival are rod and Hewitt..haha

that’s the reason why federer has 20 slams.. he won 10 of those from the weak era 2003 to 2007
    And you still have not given me any context whatsoever to prove your point. Nothing. By the numbers he’s the greatest player that ever lived. I’ve asked you 10 times to give me some sort of historical context and you still won’t do it. Because you can’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=dbreiden83080;9920411]And you still have not given me any context whatsoever to prove your point. Nothing. By the numbers he’s the greatest player that ever lived.[/QUOTE

You just can’t answer this argument..haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=skin27;9920414]
    And you still have not given me any context whatsoever to prove your point. Nothing. By the numbers he’s the greatest player that ever lived.[/QUOTE

You just can’t answer this argument..haha
    You don’t answer an argument moron you answer a question LOL. Which I did like 10 times. You still have not answered my question? Still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=dbreiden83080;9920415]

You don’t answer an argument moron you answer a question LOL. Which I did like 10 times. You still have not answered my question? Still.
    See? You can’t accept that federer has 20 slams because he played in the weak era 2003-2007..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=skin27;9920416]

See? You can’t accept that federer has 20 slams because he played in the weak era 2003-2007..
    Weak by what standard? That the other two greatest players in the history of tennis were not all in their primes at the same time? That’s the context. That’s some weak ass bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=dbreiden83080;9920417]

Weak by what standard? That the other two greatest players in the history of tennis were not all in their primes at the same time? That’s the context. That’s some weak ass bull .

federer is lucky to play in the weak era where there is no compe ion..accept it boy..haha

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think Federer is still GOAT at this moment but I could see Djokovic above Nadal. Of the 3 the media is far less in Djokovic's corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

federer is lucky to play in the weak era where there is no compe ion..accept it boy..haha
    Pete was lucky to play in an era where Andre cared more about shooting camera commercials, eating Fast Food, and dating celebs than playing tennis..

McEnroe was lucky his top rival Borg quit at 25 years old.

Novak is lucky he won majors with Nadal being injured and Fed getting old..

Context Son..
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 09-04-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Federer is still GOAT at this moment but I could see Djokovic above Nadal. Of the 3 the media is far less in Djokovic's corner.
    Odd comment.

Thinks Federer is the goat but thinks Nadal is behind Djokovic.

Djokovic has not the les nor intensity to match Nadal. Nadal is about to pull within one major le to tie Federer for most all time IN LESS TIME.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude, your "2003-2007 era is weak" take is dumb as . If you are going to say dumb , back it up. If you can't, just shut the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rod , Hewitt and Safin would have like 10 Grand Slams each if it wasn't for Federer. "Weak era"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WETHENORTH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN

They had a cute little Serena had a baby video all cue up to go. Tennis is a young man's (Women's) game. Serena could not keep up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get 3.6 million dollars as the prize money? Holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get 3.6 million dollars as the prize money? Holy
    Is it too late to learn tennis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Nadal?

He's coming for Fed, and he's getting some separation from Djoker. When you consider he's guaranteed to win the French every year, he's probably good for 3 more of those. And with today's win, he also won the most US Opens of this decade with 4 (Djoker had 3).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Nadal?

He's coming for Fed, and he's getting some separation from Djoker. When you consider he's guaranteed to win the French every year, he's probably good for 3 more of those. And with today's win, he also won the most US Opens of this decade with 4 (Djoker had 3).
    FrostKing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also women wanting equal pay when they cant even give us 3 ing sets of excitement. This, this was a ing match. That's how you end a tournament!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Haha. My tennis knowledge is shallow. I just prefer Djokovic because he's slavic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Nadal?

The US Open finals makes me think some of these young guys are finally coming. Thiem has been in the French Open Finals 2 years in a row.. Nadal also has injuries that come and go. Next year will be interesting.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 and counting

Djokovic will break Federer’s slam record

Unreal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 and counting

Djokovic will break Federer’s slam record

Unreal
    We will see.. The young guys are finally coming. It started towards the end of last year with Medvedev at the US Open.. Thiem played extremely well the best he ever did on hard courts in a slam. Was up 2-1 in this match today.. Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Zverev who also played well at the Aussie Open are coming. It Is going to be a fascinating season this year.. Thiem will he be able to finally win the French after 2 years in a row losing in the finals to Nadal? He should take this momentum and roll with it to the clay court season. Rafa will tie Fed at 20 with a French Open win this year. Can Roger win 1 more which would have to come at Wimbledon IMO? Should be very interesting this year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did joker wasted 2years not winning anything due to marriage divorce issues?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did joker wasted 2years not winning anything due to marriage divorce issues?
    He had some bad injuries too, especially with his elbow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see.. The young guys are finally coming. It started towards the end of last year with Medvedev at the US Open.. Thiem played extremely well the best he ever did on hard courts in a slam. Was up 2-1 in this match today.. Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Zverev who also played well at the Aussie Open are coming. It Is going to be a fascinating season this year.. Thiem will he be able to finally win the French after 2 years in a row losing in the finals to Nadal? He should take this momentum and roll with it to the clay court season. Rafa will tie Fed at 20 with a French Open win this year. Can Roger win 1 more which would have to come at Wimbledon IMO? Should be very interesting this year..
    I agree that Thiem, Medvdec and Zverev are looking really good. But I still think they are two years away from being at a point where Djokovic will constantly be denied by them. Thiem looks the most promising to me.

Federer is old and broken down. After choking wimbledon badly, he crashed and burned in the quarter finals of the US Open. He also was extremely lucky to get past Milman and Tennys. He was very fortunate to be in the semi finals but props to him for fighting off those match points in the two previous rounds.

I think Federer has too much of a mental road block against Djokovic and Nadal. I'd be very stunned if he wins another slam, but who knows. If he can say healthy he can still be a pain to deal with.

Nadal probably has the french wrapped up this year, but I'd favor Novak in the three other slams. It's just frustrating when Novak goes though the motions for a set or two like he's sleep walking but his mental resolve is one of the greatest in sports history. Hopefully he can keep it up, but the gap is definitely closing with the next gen and the current gen.

Thread Information