Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djokovic was down 2 sets constantly, and still fought back everytime. This is a guy who fend of double championship point to Federer as well as multiple match points in 2010 and 2011 to an in prime federer. No tennis player in history has the mental for ude that djokovic had. Because he lost to zverev and Medvedev doesn’t mean he is all of a sudden mentally weak. He just came back to beat zverev a few months after the Olympics being two sets down.

It’s absolute bs to say “nadal is trying despite being injured” when Djokovic completely turned the tables on nadal on nadals best service. Historically Djokovic is the mentally toughest player in tennis history. Has had far more match turnaround than nadal. I’d put nadal second all time for mental toughness and just because he didn’t make all time history this calendar year doesn’t change that.

And Djokovic has annihilated nadal in straight sets like the Austrian open. Nadal also blew a 5-0 lead and momentum to Djokovic just this year. To keep crying about straight sets as though Djokovic didn’t play 6 more hours of tennis than Medvedev is insane. Djokovic is getting older too but takes care of himself better than nadal. He’s far hungrier than nadal too. Nadal even said as much when saying getting the all time slam count means more to Djokovic than it does to nadal.

Mentally it’s Djokovic all day. Medvedev is number two on the world and played phenomenally well. But it’s weak to use excuses everytime for nadal but when it’s Djokovic it’s down to being mentally weak. Everyone and their mother knows Djokovic is the mentally toughest tennis player in history
    He is better. But no way can you discount his temper tantrums and early meltdowns that cost one of the most gifted athletes ever in the sport.
    Of course the slam means more to Djokovic. Because he and he alone has the physical ability to get it NOW. Nadal does not. So that statement is totally irrelevant.

I will take Nadal every day of the week in a mental matchup with any player in history. And I dont really even like the guy... constantly picking at his butt.
    You are madly off. You watched the guy die in the Olympics and in Straight sets at the US open when going for the biggest slam ever. Sorry Djokovic had to play more tennis and could not finish off opponents in the US open. Tough playing could have solved this problem. He gave up in the finals of the US OPEN! No physical problems.

End of story. 3 sets and off.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is better. But no way can you discount his temper tantrums and early meltdowns that cost one of the most gifted athletes ever in the sport.
    Of course the slam means more to Djokovic. Because he and he alone has the physical ability to get it NOW. Nadal does not. So that statement is totally irrelevant.

I will take Nadal every day of the week in a mental matchup with any player in history. And I dont really even like the guy... constantly picking at his butt.
    You are madly off. You watched the guy die in the Olympics and in Straight sets at the US open when going for the biggest slam ever. Sorry Djokovic had to play more tennis and could not finish off opponents in the US open. Tough playing could have solved this problem. He gave up in the finals of the US OPEN! No physical problems.

End of story. 3 sets and off.

Bs what a moronic take, so when nadal chokes badly on his favorite surface it is down to injuries but when Djokovic loses to an opponent while Novak has played six (!) more hours of tennis then it’s down to Novak choking? Nadal has choked a lot to Djokovic, Djokovic has annihilated where was this elite nadal mentality then? Watch more tennis, as the iconic comeback moments from Djokovic career wise FAR outshines nadal. Using a loss to the world #2 while nadal gets knocked out slam after slam to players inferior to him outside of Djokovic in recent years. But I’m sure you’ll have an excuse for nadal as well despite Djokovic owning him

Nadal isn’t nearly as clutch as Djokovic, period and every metric backs that up if you’ve actually watched tennis over the past 10+ years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bs what a moronic take, so when nadal chokes badly on his favorite surface it is down to injuries but when Djokovic loses to an opponent while Novak has played six (!) more hours of tennis then its down to Novak choking? Nadal has choked a lot to Djokovic, Djokovic has annihilated where was this elite nadal mentality then? Watch more tennis, as the iconic comeback moments from Djokovic career wise FAR outshines nadal. Using a loss to the world #2 while nadal gets knocked out slam after slam to players inferior to him outside of Djokovic in recent years. But Im sure youll have an excuse for nadal as well despite Djokovic owning him

Nadal isnt nearly as clutch as Djokovic, period and every metric backs that up if youve actually watched tennis over the past 10+ years
    You totally are getting mixed up between mental toughness of an inferior athlete and a fantastic athlete who is also a great tennis player.
    You are the one who does not know this game. Djokovic is YOUNGER, and got more control over his game mentally while his major compe ors, Nadal and Federer, are on their way out. Djokovic was the guy that SHOULD beat these guys because he IS a better athlete, even better than Federer during his prime. Djokovic moves better imo. I believe Federer was the pinnacle of the beautifully efficient Tennis stroke. NOW Djokovic is beating these guys (so are a lot of other players) while totally dropping the ball on what would have been one of the greatest feats in Tennis.
    You dont get it.
    Who surrounds you makes you great. Djokovic has gotten past the point of these guys being able to beat him. They are just not good enough, they are way past prime. So a German kid slaughters him in Straight SETS and he gives up? Thats not the model.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You totally are getting mixed up between mental toughness of an inferior athlete and a fantastic athlete who is also a great tennis player.
    You are the one who does not know this game. Djokovic is YOUNGER, and got more control over his game mentally while his major compe ors, Nadal and Federer, are on their way out. Djokovic was the guy that SHOULD beat these guys because he IS a better athlete, even better than Federer during his prime. Djokovic moves better imo. I believe Federer was the pinnacle of the beautifully efficient Tennis stroke. NOW Djokovic is beating these guys (so are a lot of other players) while totally dropping the ball on what would have been one of the greatest feats in Tennis.
    You dont get it.
    Who surrounds you makes you great. Djokovic has gotten past the point of these guys being able to beat him. They are just not good enough, they are way past prime. So a German kid slaughters him in Straight SETS and he gives up? Thats not the model.
    You use the younger argument for nadal and Federer despite only 2 years difference between nadal and Djokovic but when a much younger zverev beats Djokovic it men as Djokovic is weak? The same zverev who
    Also beat nadal twice in the last 2 years? Its absolute bs, Djokovic mentality has always been FAR better than nadals and the h2h and number of epic comebacks Djokovic has had in comparison to nadal seals it.

And Federer had weak compe ion from 2004-2006 and nadal won 75% of his GS slams on one surface where Djokovic beat him twice on. , nadal choked a 5-0 lead in his favorite surface to Djokovic.

Literally every clutch metric favours Djokovic over nadal, but yes, loving to zverev therefore means Djokovics superb mentality over his entire career is done for despite being the GOAT mentality and in regards to skill. Yeah, okay

https://lobandsmash.com/2020/06/09/n...iggest-points/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Djokovic gets revenge and has another great comeback in a final after going down a set, this time in a 3 setter. Medvedev is a beast though.

Pgardn you must be happy Nadal says he’ll play the Australian open. That’s a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Djokovic gets over his moronic anti-vax and is able to play the AO as well, as I believe they are (rightly) making vaccination a requirement to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pete Sampras: “I do think what Novak’s done over the past 10 years, winning the majors, being consistent, finishing No. 1 for seven years, to me it’s a clear sign that he is the greatest of all time.”
    News
    Sampras’ involvement with the sport today consists of watching televised matches and rallying with his 16-year-old son, Ryan Nikolaos.

“For fun,” Sampras said. “I still enjoy hitting tennis balls. But it comes down to the movement and serving, the body doesn’t quite want to do it.”

He believes Djokovic will wind up with the most majors. That Djokovic came within one win of a Grand Slam – in this age of the Internet, with social media pressure and global coverage – impressed Sampras deeply.

“Seven years, for him, I’m sure he sees it as a bonus to all the majors that he’s won,” Sampras said. “But I think he’ll appreciate it more as he gets older. He did it at a time where he dominated two of the greats, in Roger and Rafa, and he handled the next generation of players very well – all at the same time.

“I do think what Novak’s done over the past 10 years, winning the majors, being consistent, finishing No. 1 for seven years, to me it’s a clear sign that he is the greatest of all time.”

Source

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Djokovic gets revenge and has another great comeback in a final after going down a set, this time in a 3 setter. Medvedev is a beast though.

Pgardn you must be happy Nadal says he’ll play the Australian open. That’s a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Djokovic gets over his moronic anti-vax and is able to play the AO as well, as I believe they are (rightly) making vaccination a requirement to play
    I want Djokovic AND Federer to beat Nadal every time they play. I believe they are/were both better players.
    I respect Nadal, but dont think he is a gifted. He is the toughest compe or since Jimmy Connors (probably the least talented guy to win a number of majors).

btw I just looked at when Borg quit. AT 24. He won 5 Wimbledon's in a row and numerous French Opens and Australian Opens. Never the US open because he claimed the lights played on his eyes.
    So if you wanted to use some magic potion on Borg way back when burn out was a problem, Borg very well could have played the best tennis (given the equipment) we have ever seen.

This is fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And... he's gone.

Not an all court player afterall, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

They trying to black ball this Man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the ego on Djokovic

MandyLiado
    Любишь путешествовать и не знаешь какую страну посетить следующую на сайте kruiztransgroup.ru много обзоров по странам мира

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like they stopping him from being the Goat for his choices....

meanwhile tosb nadal and swiss master trying to get that +21

MandyLiado
    Не знаешь какие достпримечательности еще посмотреть, тогда для начала лучше посетить сайт kruiztransgroup.ru, здесь собраны обзоры всех самых посещаемых мест мира

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing comeback by Rafa. Thought he was done for sure when got down 0-40 at 2-3 on 3rd set.

GOAT argument not done yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing comeback by Rafa. Thought he was done for sure when got down 0-40 at 2-3 on 3rd set.

GOAT argument not done yet.

Amazing from Rafa, he looked dead tired and pulled it off. He should be the favourite for #22 at the French.

Hopefully this gets novaxx the needle.

But massive props to Rafa, wow what a great match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Russian lost it because he likes pissing off the crowd and the crowd definitely got to him.
    Nadal is just mentally on another level. No way he should win that tournament. That kid is a better player right now.
    Djokovic would have destroyed him on that surface. Also, if it would have been really hot, and Novaxx would have actually cared about his profession, he would have cruised in this tourney.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing from Rafa, he looked dead tired and pulled it off. He should be the favourite for #22 at the French.

Hopefully this gets novaxx the needle.

But massive props to Rafa, wow what a great match.
    Rafa is so so strong between the ears, that nikka never gives up

And he would have destroyed Djoko anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am going to have to disagree with this Leftman.
    But we will never know because Novaxx is above the rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL, no Djokvoic owns nadal historically. Djokovic has more comebacks from 2 sets down and facing match point than any player in history.

But Rafa is good, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Djoker is gonna raise white flag against the French and get the shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comm...covid_vaccine/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Djoker is gonna raise white flag against the French and get the shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comm...covid_vaccine/
    Oh thank god!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to have to disagree with this Leftman.
    But we will never know because Novaxx is above the rules.
    LOL, no Djokvoic owns nadal historically. Djokovic has more comebacks from 2 sets down and facing match point than any player in history.

But Rafa is good, imo.
    You are probably right

But I'm biased

SO I DISAGREE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are probably right

But I'm biased

SO I DISAGREE

Hahahaha, this is exactly the best thing about the internet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are probably right

But I'm biased

SO I DISAGREE
    Rafa has a huge fanbase due to his will to try and win. He is/was the greatest player on clay, a surface that begs for excruciatingly long rallies and he just owns it.

But imo he is just not as talented as Novaxx or Federer in his day. The later two players make tennis look easy. Rafa makes it look like pure . And his body has paid for his inefficient strokes. But my God he is a fighter. Maximum tough. Btw he looked very bulked up for the Australian… along with losing hair in patches bigly… roidal… hints of roidal. But maybe not.

Thread Information