Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the classy and by the book spurs colluded? I thought they were above that. Disgraceful behavior, league's office should definitely look into that and take appropriate action against the spurs tbh.

As for the Morris situation, it couldn't have happened to a bigger head than Poop. That's what he gets for constantly sticking his nose in other organisation's business
    When will we see you on your Clippersfan alt?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't that ty, to be honest. Not clear why 1) they continue to draft later than their records deserve, and 2) why they never keep the better players they get. Nene, Frye, Lee, Chandler, Gallinari, Shumpert, Porzingis are all good picks. I'm guessing they trade them off for failed assets and that's why they didn't have picks in 2004, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016.
    A lot of ty trades. What you expect with morons like Isiah Thomas, Phil Jackson, James Dolan?

All the same, that is eight top ten picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of upset folks out there that a tiny market dominates year in and year out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh the 2006 Finals against the Knicks... of a series.
    exactly my sentiments...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 was my favorite championship. Can't seem to find the DVD on Amazon though....

That was the le Tony left MSG with the LOB trophy under one arm and Dolan's wife on the other.
    Last edited by BillMc; 07-20-2019 at 03:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Manu never committed "The Foul" in '06?! What a ty nightmare then!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also did not realized the Spurs had some sort of rivalry with the Knicks for any length of time. Derp

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Knicks unhappy with Spurs, felt they 'crossed lines' with Kristaps Porzingis

The bad blood that reportedly developed between the New York Knicks and San Antonio Spurs over free agent Marcus Morris spurning San Antonio for the Big Apple stems all the way back to the Kristaps Porzingis trade, according to Ian Begley of SNY.

On Friday, The Athletic’s Frank Isola reported that the Spurs were “pissed” that Morris reneged on a handshake agreement with San Antonio to instead take a one-year, $15 million deal in New York.

According to Begley, the Knicks have some beef with the Spurs as well. They believed that San Antonio “crossed lines of accepted behavior” before Porzingis was dealt to the Mavericks in February.

There are no specifics on what the Spurs may have done, but the Knicks apparently felt that they “operated outside of accepted NBA norms.”

One could speculate that the Spurs may have had interest in dealing for Porzingis too. But the Knicks instead sent their franchise player to the Spurs’ in-state neighbors.

There is still a lot more we don’t know about this alleged riff. Morris has certainly had himself an eventful offseason. He reportedly also turned down a three-year deal worth $41 million from the Los Angeles Clippers and fired agent Rich Paul.

Begley reported that Morris made the sudden switch on his own and Paul preferred that he remain in San Antonio.

In any case, the decisions are now final: Morris is in New York, Porzingis is in Dallas and both San Antonio and New York are apparently mad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knic...011733906.html

NY dealt Unicorn to Dallas...But what has it got to do with Spurs? WTF is NY angry about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Knicks unhappy with Spurs, felt they 'crossed lines' with Kristaps Porzingis

The bad blood that reportedly developed between the New York Knicks and San Antonio Spurs over free agent Marcus Morris spurning San Antonio for the Big Apple stems all the way back to the Kristaps Porzingis trade, according to Ian Begley of SNY.

On Friday, The Athletic’s Frank Isola reported that the Spurs were “pissed” that Morris reneged on a handshake agreement with San Antonio to instead take a one-year, $15 million deal in New York.

According to Begley, the Knicks have some beef with the Spurs as well. They believed that San Antonio “crossed lines of accepted behavior” before Porzingis was dealt to the Mavericks in February.

There are no specifics on what the Spurs may have done, but the Knicks apparently felt that they “operated outside of accepted NBA norms.”

One could speculate that the Spurs may have had interest in dealing for Porzingis too. But the Knicks instead sent their franchise player to the Spurs’ in-state neighbors.

There is still a lot more we don’t know about this alleged riff. Morris has certainly had himself an eventful offseason. He reportedly also turned down a three-year deal worth $41 million from the Los Angeles Clippers and fired agent Rich Paul.

Begley reported that Morris made the sudden switch on his own and Paul preferred that he remain in San Antonio.

In any case, the decisions are now final: Morris is in New York, Porzingis is in Dallas and both San Antonio and New York are apparently mad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knic...011733906.html

NY dealt Unicorn to Dallas...But what has it got to do with Spurs? WTF is NY angry about?

So spurs wanted white unicorn but ny said fck you and sent him to dallas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, what did the Spurs do back during the 2017 draft that pissed off the Knicks? What did the Spurs have to offer other than Kawhi at that point?

Maybe there was a Kawhi for KP package with a pick swap being discussed and the Spurs said the deal was only happening if the Knicks took Frankie N. And they did, and the Spurs picked a 100x better player 20ish picks later in White and laughed.

Who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks won 17 games last season and are left to signing their 5th power forward in free agency to show other teams who's boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks won 17 games last season and are left to signing their 5th power forward in free agency to show other teams who's boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 was my favorite championship. Can't seem to find the DVD on Amazon though....

That was the le Tony left MSG with the LOB trophy under one arm and Dolan's wife on the other.
    Yeah that one...TP was banging everything that moved in Times Square...insane....then that big monkey appeared on the horizon....scared the out of me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop may have pulled a Riley and told KP to not sign and extension and take the QO. Then Kristaps would have been a free agent next year when the Spurs would have been able to create a max slot. I have no evidence for them doing that, but it makes sense. If it did happen, it would be really underhanded by the Spurs, to the point that I would be fine with the Knicks getting revenge like they did. Pop would have pulled some Magic-level tampering then. Again though that's just speculation.

Murray
    White
    Walker
    Samanic
    Porzingas

That's a very, very interesting starting lineup. I was kinda hoping KP was gonna follow through with taking the QO in Dallas, but it would have been an awful (or at least awfully risky) decision on his part.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So spurs wanted white unicorn but ny said fck you and sent him to dallas
    If Spurs offered DeMar in the deal that may have attracted Durant and Irving to Knicks. They probably didn't offer DeMar though. Spurs got the last laugh though as Knicks struck out in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were interested in Porzingis in the 2017 offseason. Reports said they inquired about a Kawhi for Porzingis deal before all that fake injury happened. Spurs were also interested in him last season when the Knicks went on to trade him, but they probably didn't want to give up Murray/White/Walker for him so the Mavs got him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if KP was that mystery superstar the Spurs allegedly told Kawhi they were going to bring in to play with him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that one...TP was banging everything that moved in Times Square...insane....then that big monkey appeared on the horizon....scared the out of me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs offered DeMar in the deal that may have attracted Durant and Irving to Knicks. They probably didn't offer DeMar though. Spurs got the last laugh though as Knicks struck out in free agency.
    Knicks stricking out in free agency was a given. Nobody in their right mind thought otherwise. There is nothing to laugh about, people are past that sentiment, now its pity which is worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could the Spurs possibly have done with Porzingis? Tell him they wanted him? Literally every franchise in the league is doing that now. Every player is colluding to move to play together.

And, what, the Knicks decided to have their revenge by trading him to Dallas for nothing? What a bunch of chumps.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was 06 the year we got Kirilenko and Rasheed Wallace?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also did not realized the Spurs had some sort of rivalry with the Knicks for any length of time. Derp
    that was the best part of the article. Got to be the first time I've heard of the best and worst run franchise in any sport having a rivalry

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eunuch grudge posting.
    Par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker went 0/11 FG with 0 points, 2 assists, and 8 turnovers in the first three quarters tbh? .
    nah man, that was john starks!

Thread Information