Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the guys here in ST who claimed he had inside sources said this dude disliked kawhi and kawhi disliked him

I cant remeber his username. He had like 50 post...but i didnt even know about this guy till now.
    And that user said the new assistant GM wasnt a big fan of kawhi and kawhi wasnt a big fan of him. If i only i can remeber.

Its just interesting to me cause i didnt even know about this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i recall he said he was one ofnthe reasons why kawhi left and he linked a post from 2016 that in his first few months kawhi didnt like him at all.

Could this be the guy?

I remeber the rumors that there was someone in the organization that disliked kawhi and had a funny opinion of him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he could see through Kawhi's bull earlier than most and called it for what it was? It's a good early sign. I'm impressed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he could see through Kawhi's bull earlier than most and called it for what it was? It's a good early sign. I'm impressed.
    Surprisingly I have to agree. I don't know if this guy will be great at this job but judging by his history he's definitely a hard worker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how to feel about this. If he's the one who had a problem with Kawhi Spurs should've fired him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how to feel about this. If he's the one who had a problem with Kawhi Spurs should've fired him
    I hear you and it is all speculation of course. However, I struggle with the concept of someone or anybody triggering Kawhi's departure et- al. If anything, the recent handling on his move to the Clippers shows that him and his group are a bunch of ruthless, calculating and reckless self serving folk that could not give a toss about goodwill from any party or the opposite of it for that matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably had the job of driving Uncle Denny around when he was in town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Mr. Wright does as well as Mr. Buford has done in his tenure as GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey timvp, need a "been" in a sentence.

"This isn't the first time there have <been> rumblings about Buford...".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Spurs wouldve if he really did something wrong. Kawhi and his crew were starting the transition away from the Sours. He wanted a beauty contest that only LA or NY was going to win anyway. The only thing Spurs couldve done to keep him was hand over control of operations ala Lebron. Screw that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i recall he said he was one ofnthe reasons why kawhi left and he linked a post from 2016 that in his first few months kawhi didnt like him at all.Could this be the guy?I remeber the rumors that there was someone in the organization that disliked kawhi and had a funny opinion of him.
    Then he has a great sense of what it means to grow into a while led around by your uncle. And assisting the ass wiping.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-20-2019 at 08:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Wright’s great successes are the Nephew trade, overpaying an injury prone Rudy Gay, and trading Bertrans, an elite shooter, for nothing. Well done, take dem reins boy.
    Does any of this maneuvering mean Crater has a retire date?
    Or no correlation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us, specifically, some of the things that Lindsey himself did wrong while he was Assistant GM here. Not general you think wasn't done right. Tell us what Lindsey himself did wrong.
    Exactly. He's done very well in Utah, starting with picking Gobert in front of us. And their recent offseason has them as an ascending WC team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Now the Spurs will get Pelinka'd in future LMA or DD deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Wright’s great successes are the Nephew trade, overpaying an injury prone Rudy Gay, and trading Bertrans, an elite shooter, for nothing. Well done, take dem reins boy.
    Pretty sure Pop and RC's hands were all over these moves.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I could never really forgive Lindsey for coming over from the Rockets and then right away orchestrating the Scola trade to the Rockets in which the Spurs got nothing of note

LOL. Dark Necessities, TBH. But that always chafed a little more that he went to Lindsey's last team. Some people in Atlanta felt the same way about Budenholzer taking Tiago's contract off our hands. Truth - I'm sure the familiarity and contacts had something to do with both of those deals getting done where they did.

Okay, that's one.

So he played a prominent role in the Kawhi trade? Is that like a D- start?
    More Dark Necessities. I know there's stories that the Clippers made an offer. Maybe the Spurs organization had a reason for picking Toronto over the Clippers. But it's pretty obvious that not many teams were willing to give up a lot for a 1-year rental, even for a player of Kawhi's caliber. Finding a deal that wasn't LA may have been his mandate from the team. If I had to guess, I think that's pretty close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was promoted, not demoted, tbh.

To be fair, I could never really forgive Lindsey for coming over from the Rockets and then right away orchestrating the Scola trade to the Rockets in which the Spurs got nothing of note
    To be totally fair, part of the Scola debacle needs to be shared by Pop for listening to his buddy Larry Brown's glowing review of Jackie Butler when Brown coached him in NY. Based on Brown's high recommendation, the Spurs gave Butler a decent contract for the time only to find out he was a worthless player who Spur players couldn't understand him while on the court.

Equal blame should be shared by Holt for mandating we would never be in luxury tax, and management was ordered to do whatever it took to keep us out of it.

Hence, having to bribe another team to take Butler's contract and throwing in Scola's rights as a sweetner.

To blame Lindsey for a trade that clearly Pop and RC signed off on I think is a bit unfair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi faking an injury and stealing 19 million. I think everyone had a problem with that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now we know who to blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi faking an injury and stealing 19 million. I think everyone had a problem with that..
    Was Pau faking his injury too? Awarded over 20 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “This is a place where there are no bad ideas or wrong ideas, it’s an environment where everybody’s free to think creatively,” Wright told the Spurs’ website in 2016. “Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford invite everyone to bring their own diverse background and diversity of thought into the group. Hopefully, the right ideas bubble up, and it gives the organization the tools to make great decisions.”
    Could we get a replay of who in the room bubbled up then promoted signing 50 Patty and extending Gasoft?

Hopefully more hit's then misses coming up with the return of DJ, White year 2 and vastly improved Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could we get a replay of who in the room bubbled up then promoted signing 50 Patty and extending Gasoft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is why we’ve been drafting more americans lately

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information