Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normaly I would agree but after watching the fight I just came away thinking the guys got heart and kept fighting. It wasn’t so obvious that the poor man would pass. But damn the other boxer basically put on an offensive clinic.
    The other boxer is a real fighter. Poor kid from a real ghetto (not LA or NY lol), did time, would shadow box in his cell. Dadashev was a skinny chess playing kid who tried to be a real fighter and got outmatched in a serious way. No way he would have ever been in this fight with Mattias. They need to tell certain boxers who have no business being fighters to stop before they really get hurt like this. It’s like the Canelo-Cesar Chavez Jr fight was. Kid had no chance.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other boxer is a real fighter. Poor kid from a real ghetto (not LA or NY lol), did time, would shadow box in his cell. Dadashev was a skinny chess playing kid who tried to be a real fighter and got outmatched in a serious way. No way he would have ever been in this fight with Mattias. They need to tell certain boxers who have no business being fighters to stop before they really get hurt like this. It’s like the Canelo-Cesar Chavez Jr fight was. Kid had no chance.
    Not sure that's a fair characterization. But I do question that these fighters were both really in the same weight class. Matias looks like he has 20-25 pounds on Dadashev.

From what I've seen, the problem is that there was no seminal moment that made it easy for the ref to stop the fight. It was just a ulative build-up round after round.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'd rather him be mad at me for a day or two than for him to be mad at me for the rest of his life."

That quote didn't age well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normaly I would agree but after watching the fight I just came away thinking the guys got heart and kept fighting. It wasn’t so obvious that the poor man would pass. But damn the other boxer basically put on an offensive clinic.
    Battered, disoriented, etc....you can't leave that decision to the boxer...these guys are compe ors

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, he died
    Yeah, that's unfortunate. R.I.P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Battered, disoriented, etc....you can't leave that decision to the boxer...these guys are compe ors
    Ive seen many fights where the boxer is disoriented and has a good chin to no fault of his own and still fight back. Just as this fighter did. He just kept fighting and that’s the thing that sticks out is that he kept fighting. It’s probably what ultimalety got him killed. Plus he was fighting for his family to join him in the US so his brain just wasn’t going to quit. I wonder if there wasn’t so much at stake for the fighter other than pride would he have kept fighting that way?

Thread Information