Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Rocky

He went to surgery right after the fight, good thing they stopped the bleeding but dude will never fight again

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...n-surgery-loss
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 07-20-2019 at 10:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the last few minutes of him struggling to stay on his feet were tough to watch. Best of luck to him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was clearly outmatched from the start. He should have been dancing around the ring more and looking to find his spots.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thread on this fight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thread on this fight?

40 year old PacMan beats 30 year old up and comer lol

40 year old Mayweather shat all over Super Puncher McGregor

Making the current generation of fighters look like chumps

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I saw this. Props to his corner for recognizing it and calling the fight early

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this. Props to his corner for recognizing it and calling the fight early
    From a medical standpoint, they recognized it about ten rounds too late, tbh.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sucks to see. honestly didn't look as bad as I thought it would when watching that last round in OP's video. He's clearly exhausted and out of gas, but to me it wasn't obvious something was wrong until you saw him stagger back to his corner unable to walk properly

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks to see. honestly didn't look as bad as I thought it would when watching that last round in OP's video. He's clearly exhausted and out of gas, but to me it wasn't obvious something was wrong until you saw him stagger back to his corner unable to walk properly
    Adrenaline propping him up. You could see at the start of the fight his opponent was getting in much harder hits. His corner clearly didn't have a good strategy. I mean, it can be tough to call a fight earlier for a guy's first loss though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I didn't see it either even though he was taking huge body shots. There was one uppercut and a huge left hook he took upside his head about :10 where his left leg just twitched. You could tell he was ed up by then bc he just slumped over on dude's shoulder. Then ofc he started vomiting 5min later. According to wikipedia the loss of coordination combined with the vomiting and not speaking was probably the first sign he was bleeding internally/had severe brain damage. Crazy how subtle it can be. Now he's in a coma and his wife will only see him Tuesday. ed up really considering how it all went down.

And yeah, the strategy was to run but then his trainer told him to go to the body/smother him in the mid rounds. Bad mistake, he shouldve just kept running. No way he would have won but at least he wouldn't have been beaten so badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thread on this fight?

I forgot this went to a split decision.

Manny has gotten his fare share of bull decisions going against him in recent years, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot this went to a split decision.

Manny has gotten his fare share of bull decisions going against him in recent years, tbh.
    All his sh** goes to decisions. That midget ain't knocking out real contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All his sh** goes to decisions. That midget ain't knocking out real contenders.
    Unlike whom?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. ing terrible for his family. RIP Warrior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy. R.I.P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should die playing a sport. I wouldn't mind to see pro boxing ins ute headgear, even if it's perceived as "pussy." We understand biomechanics better than ever before and this means fighters of all weight classes will be punching harder than ever before. NFL players still get their brains rocked wearing a helmet. Now think what a boxer's brain goes through taking 100 blows to the head every bout.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's corner let him down, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should die playing a sport. I wouldn't mind to see pro boxing ins ute headgear, even if it's perceived as "pussy." We understand biomechanics better than ever before and this means fighters of all weight classes will be punching harder than ever before. NFL players still get their brains rocked wearing a helmet. Now think what a boxer's brain goes through taking 100 blows to the head every bout.
    You're probably right. A lot of money would be lost though. Not sure the boxers want that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP, Mad Max, we all prayed for you, and it turned out it was not God's will. Perhaps you had a higher purpose of enlightening all of us still here.

Looks like some really sad combination of cir stances, tbh. He fell unconscious in the ambulance, so he was probably already going by then. They diverted to what people describe as a 2 star hospital and not an L1 trauma center. Hard to call that a mistake since it's the first responders' call, and they were driving on Friday night in likely horrible Washington DC traffic.
    They likely chose not to go to another (better/L1 trauma) hospital, and, controversially, that may have also been a factor in whether he lived or died. We all know there's a big difference between medical facilities and quality of care.

But like Max Kellerman said in his interview about the topic, these situations are usually the most difficult to judge because it's typically a combination of 1. a hard, but not devastating puncher as the opponent, and 2. a strong fighter with a great chin who just becomes a little too heroic and doesn't want to quit.

I'd also add that it may be in part due to a weakened state due to losing/gaining all the weigh in weight, leading the fighter's immune system to be sweakened at fight time. I'm not an expert on fight science, but I've always cringed at fighters who have to lose a significant amount of weight to make weight, only to emergency hydrate and get back to full health right before the fight. It should be you weigh what you weigh at a random time before the fight, not 2 guys starving their bodies with diuretics and water, and then one guy ends up being much larger than the other at fight time (is it looked like with Mattias vs. Dadshev).

Also of note, he was fighting for his Green Card, in order to be able to bring his wife stateside. Also really sad was I'm not sure if he hung on long enough for his wife to make it to his bedside. She was slated to arrive Tues. morning, and the news that he was dying was announced by his manager Monday evening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP, Mad Max, we all prayed for you, and it turned out it was not God's will. Perhaps you had a higher purpose of enlightening all of us still here.

Looks like some really sad combination of cir stances, tbh. He fell unconscious in the ambulance, so he was probably already going by then. They diverted to what people describe as a 2 star hospital and not an L1 trauma center. Hard to call that a mistake since it's the first responders' call, and they were driving on Friday night in likely horrible Washington DC traffic.
    They likely chose not to go to another (better/L1 trauma) hospital, and, controversially, that may have also been a factor in whether he lived or died. We all know there's a big difference between medical facilities and quality of care.

But like Max Kellerman said in his interview about the topic, these situations are usually the most difficult to judge because it's typically a combination of 1. a hard, but not devastating puncher as the opponent, and 2. a strong fighter with a great chin who just becomes a little too heroic and doesn't want to quit.

I'd also add that it may be in part due to a weakened state due to losing/gaining all the weigh in weight, leading the fighter's immune system to be sweakened at fight time. I'm not an expert on fight science, but I've always cringed at fighters who have to lose a significant amount of weight to make weight, only to emergency hydrate and get back to full health right before the fight. It should be you weigh what you weigh at a random time before the fight, not 2 guys starving their bodies with diuretics and water, and then one guy ends up being much larger than the other at fight time (is it looked like with Mattias vs. Dadshev).

Also of note, he was fighting for his Green Card, in order to be able to bring his wife stateside. Also really sad was I'm not sure if he hung on long enough for his wife to make it to his bedside. She was slated to arrive Tues. morning, and the news that he was dying was announced by his manager Monday evening.
    My first thought was that he was taken to a ty hospital. Sucks for his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the fight but this is tragic. Rest In Peace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be the standard, but you know profits take priority like you said.

Thread Information