Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't believe your cousin Gilberto did Timmy so wrong tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky Hammon
    Will Hardy
    Chip Engelland
    Tim Duncan

Who’da thought tbh.
    Best assistant assembly since Bud, Brett Brown, Carlesimo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been said already, but best news of the offseason tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a fan of players that'll become part of coaching staff/front office who had an all-star/superstar status because it usually went bad but this is a good news.

I'll be happy to see Timmy again considering he doesn't have a social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard he’s only going to be at the home games/practices and will only travel for some of the road games. Not a bad gig at all if true.
    This is the NBA. There are a limited number of coaching spots, and they aren't part time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t know what to tell you. Have I ever had a credibility issue on the board or lied? Can you point to something where I just made stuff up? I don’t claim to have “sources” but I have spoken with people that definitely do and get some info passed along to me.
    So far I have only seen you jump on the info of others and/or call inside info to moves everybody expects the Spurs to make, for example you would say something like: "yeah, I've been told they are trying to move Belinelli" when every Spursfan that follows the team somewhat regularly knows that if there's one Spurs player likely to be moved, it's him, tbh.

Funny thing is that, despite these being obvious guesses with a more than decent % of occurrence, they all have yet to come to fruition, tbh.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a great basketball mind. He knows X's and O's as well as anyone. We were told that he got involved with personnel issues while he was playing - not to mention his own salary negotiations that looked at the bigger picture and not just him. He knows more about the mental game than nearly anyone on the planet. And he commands respect. I don't know if any assistant coach ever arrived with more tools in his box.

I don't know if it's even possible to get a 4-year strikout like Lyles to live up to his potential. But having Tim Duncan there as a mentor has to be the best chance I could think of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not doubt my MoSpur02. Give the man a spur or some sort of badge, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This confirms its pops last year as Spurs head coach. Duncan wants to share one last season with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be the guy to help poeltl and lyles to get better contracts next off seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far I have only seen you jump on the info of others and/or call inside info to moves everybody expects the Spurs to make, for example you would say something like: "yeah, I've been told they are trying to move Belinelli" when every Spursfan that follows the team somewhat regularly knows that if there's one Spurs player likely to be moved, it's him, tbh.

Funny thing is that, despite these being obvious guesses with a more than decent % of occurrence, they all have yet to come to fruition, tbh.
    Uh no. I was one of the loudest Kawhi is going to the Clippers posters on here for the better part of a year and even had people asking me why I was so confident.

I don’t claim to know everything and I certainly don’t do what you’re saying.

Also a huge difference in thinking something and hearing something similar to others which then makes everything more credible.

Like in the case of Beli. Heard the same thing that then Mo posted which is why I commented. You’ve seen Mo be accurate so are you saying Mo just made the Beli stuff up and was reading tea leaves because it did not happen? No.

The Beli thing is the only example you have of what you say. Go back and look at the Kawhi stuff and what I was posting vs what all the media and most everyone on here thought was the “likely” out come.

I don’t know any sources but talk to people Ive developed a friendly relationship with that share some stuff with me and I post it when I think it helps
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-22-2019 at 10:31 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Will TD coach with Pop in the Olympics and ring? Bizarro world.
    usa is not winning gold if the trend continues into 2020 of players dropping out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe so. Which would be the right move. Better than Hardy or Timmy right now certainly.
    I get it about a pecking order.. But Tim could have been a player/coach his last few years like Bill Russell was. No way Becky has more knowledge than Timmy..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard he’s only going to be at the home games/practices and will only travel for some of the road games. Not a bad gig at all if true.
    Doubtful. If he is not all in, there is no point. You hire someone else. Tim gets that. He is not about special treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all hail MoSpur02 what a scoop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no. I was one of the loudest Kawhi is going to the Clippers posters on here for the better part of a year and even had people asking me why I was so confident.

I don’t claim to know everything and I certainly don’t do what you’re saying.

Also a huge difference in thinking something and hearing something similar to others which then makes everything more credible.

Like in the case of Beli. Heard the same thing that then Mo posted which is why I commented. You’ve seen Mo be accurate so are you saying Mo just made the Beli stuff up and was reading tea leaves because it did not happen? No.

The Beli thing is the only example you have of what you say. Go back and look at the Kawhi stuff and what I was posting vs what all the media and most everyone on here thought was the “likely” out come.

I don’t know any sources but talk to people Ive developed a friendly relationship with that share some stuff with me and I post it when I think it helps
    I'm not acussing Mo of inventing anything, tbh. I'm acussing you of acting like you have inside sources while never actually providing any real new Intel of interest, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super weird tbh, but I'm happy he's back.

Still, is he going to coach LMA into being a winner or talk Derozan off the ledge every other month
    Your posts kill me dawg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is retired from basketball and making oscar winning content.

Duncan has no choice but to sit on that bench after Amy, Amy's side dude and Duncan's financial advisors all took him to the cleaners
    That's wrong, but I lol'ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's only a year out tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a standing offer and he eventually takes them up on it. Maybe not assistant coach but some kind of compe ive capacity.

My sources said they also reached out to TP about an Assistant Manager role for the in-arena Whataburger tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not acussing Mo of inventing anything, tbh. I'm acussing you of acting like you have inside sources while never actually providing any real new Intel of interest, tbh.
    Ok. I don’t know anywhere near as much as Mo, I don’t break anything nor do I claim to. My style of posting is to share insight to what I have heard when I think it makes sense.

You just picking a fight like a miserable person makes no sense to me. Skim past it - don’t know why it seems to bother you so much (like everything).

But again, go look at the Kawhi/Clippers stuff vs what the board/media were saying. That literally goes against everything you are saying.

But no need to argue with you; you are literally the only one that thinks this way and just in general is a whiny poster that nitpicks and makes very little sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be the guy to help poeltl and lyles to get better contracts next off seasons.
    Who cares about those two...TD is gonna teach Luka..we could not ask for anything better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Not really a fan of ex players coaching. 90% of the time its a huge failure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Not really a fan of ex players coaching. 90% of the time its a huge failure
    Not sure about that...Ex players GM’ing Sure. But coaching? Been pretty decent ones at all levels.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-23-2019 at 12:24 AM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lots of ex-players have been great coaches. Mostly mid-tier and even lower-tier players. It's the top tier stars who have struggled. That would argue against Duncan. But, all bull aside, he really was a natural leader. Is a natural leader. Guys like Jordan or Kidd would out a teammate who didn't do something right. Tim was just as likely to encourage teammates, or sit on the sideline teaching them. That's not hero worship talking - we all watched him do those things over the years. I think Tim can be one of the exceptions to the rule, just because he really is a different personality than most of the star players who have tried coaching.

Thread Information