Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no. I was one of the loudest Kawhi is going to the Clippers posters on here for the better part of a year and even had people asking me why I was so confident.

I don’t claim to know everything and I certainly don’t do what you’re saying.

Also a huge difference in thinking something and hearing something similar to others which then makes everything more credible.

Like in the case of Beli. Heard the same thing that then Mo posted which is why I commented. You’ve seen Mo be accurate so are you saying Mo just made the Beli stuff up and was reading tea leaves because it did not happen? No.

The Beli thing is the only example you have of what you say. Go back and look at the Kawhi stuff and what I was posting vs what all the media and most everyone on here thought was the “likely” out come.

I don’t know any sources but talk to people Ive developed a friendly relationship with that share some stuff with me and I post it when I think it helps
    It would help if you actually provided info other people didn't before, or real intel that doesn't sound like you are taking an educated guess, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waves of goosebumps. Tim. Glorious Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu with the goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu with the goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6th NBA trophy, here we come!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would help if you actually provided info other people didn't before, or real intel that doesn't sound like you are taking an educated guess, tbh.
    Like Kawhi to the Clippers? And I already told you why I do it that way. I don’t have any direct sources. So I don’t feel comfortable posting anything like Mo. But if I hear something, then see that Mo or someone like Eric post it, then I say “ahh, cool, I can say that I heard something similar” as to spark more conversation or validate what is out there. Its not that complicated nor is it something to act like Im grandstanding about.

You can post all the laugh emojis you want but you just sound miserable and it’s ironic you telling other posters to post something of value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Kawhi to the Clippers? And I already told you why I do it that way. I don’t have any direct sources. So I don’t feel comfortable posting anything like Mo. But if I hear something, then see that Mo or someone like Eric post it, then I say “ahh, cool, I can say that I heard something similar” as to spark more conversation or validate what is out there. Its not that complicated nor is it something to act like Im grandstanding about.

You can post all the laugh emojis you want but you just sound miserable and it’s ironic you telling other posters to post something of value.
    I'm not telling other posters to post something of value, I'm just telling you to stop acting like you are providing intel when you aren't.

Also, are you serious son? I really thought you were just ing around with all that "from what I heard" , but these weird butthurt rants of you make it seem like you are expecting folks to actually believe you.

Sorry son, didn't mean to on the "I'm hearing stuff" parade. Continue to enlighten us with non-breaking information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not telling other posters to post something of value, I'm just telling you to stop acting like you are providing intel when you aren't.

Also, are you serious son? I really thought you were just ing around with all that "from what I heard" , but these weird butthurt rants of you make it seem like you are expecting folks to actually believe you.

Sorry son, didn't mean to on the "I'm hearing stuff" parade. Continue to enlighten us with non-breaking information.
    But I am - in my own way. You may be skeptical but I don’t really care about that. Also at calling me butthurt when you are the one ranting and about “you aren’t providing real intel! Stop it!

I guess you will just continue to ignore the Kawhi/Clippers stuff too? I don’t start threads like Mo because I don’t feel comfortable as I described multiple times. I don’t ask for attention or run around that I have sources which is what I don’t get about your silly posts .

I don’t have direct conversations. But I feel it’s nice for people to hear from someone else that is credible on the board (wether you cry over me or not) that can at least echo certain sentiments. That’s all I am doing when I say “I have heard” - it’s because I have. It’s not about me “breaking news” or trying; it’s not about me “providing intel”. It’s me saying I have heard something else which then bolsters THEIR intel because it means someone else has heard something similar and can add to the logic of piecing things together (that is where the tea leaves come in).

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I generally agree on the star players don't make good coaches. As a Washington Senators fan I though Ted Williams was very good, as well as that Damn Yankee Yogi Berra.

In the NBA:
    Great players:
    Larry Bird, good coach
    Magic Johnson, bad coach
    Bill Russell was pretty good with a great roster.
    Isaih Thomas, awful

In betweeners:
    Dave Cowens
    Wes Unseld, disappointing, bad record, bad rosters

All-Star players:
    Danny Ainge
    Larry Brown
    Maurice Cheeks, not good coach
    Doug Collins
    Bob Cousy, bad coach
    Dave DeBusshere
    Tommy Heinsohn
    Phil Jackson
    Doc Rivers
    Paul Silas
    Jerry Sloan
    Paul Westphal
    Lenny Wilkens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lateral move at best, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best news of the offseason by a hundred ing miles tbh
    I couldn't agree more, wow, I'm floored. I didn't think you'd see Tim except for in the back areas working with guys in the gym on interviews. My god, Thank you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I am - in my own way. You may be skeptical but I don’t really care about that. Also at calling me butthurt when you are the one ranting and about “you aren’t providing real intel! Stop it!

I guess you will just continue to ignore the Kawhi/Clippers stuff too? I don’t start threads like Mo because I don’t feel comfortable as I described multiple times. I don’t ask for attention or run around that I have sources which is what I don’t get about your silly posts .

I don’t have direct conversations. But I feel it’s nice for people to hear from someone else that is credible on the board (wether you cry over me or not) that can at least echo certain sentiments. That’s all I am doing when I say “I have heard” - it’s because I have. It’s not about me “breaking news” or trying; it’s not about me “providing intel”. It’s me saying I have heard something else which then bolsters THEIR intel because it means someone else has heard something similar and can add to the logic of piecing things together (that is where the tea leaves come in).
    DPG is the Jeff McDonald/Jabari Young of SpursTalk.

Mo and Eric are the Woj and Shams of SpursTalk.

Jeff and Jabari never break their own news. They always confirm the reports out there. Woj and Shams drop the initial reports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right when I was getting disinterested, they sucker me back in. Now trade that ball hog DeMar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a feeling one day this would happen. This is great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought it would be Tony or Manu first but happy as to have one of them in the sidelines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Becks lead assistant?

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my understanding the Spurs also made the same offer to Manu, but he declined.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/manu-gi...013335387.html
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is really interesting is Stein wrote about Pop “struggling” to find assistant coaches. Just stuck out as an odd thing in his write up with no explanation.

Like people didn’t want to come to SA? He was struggling on quality people he wanted to work with?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is really interesting is Stein wrote about Pop “struggling” to find assistant coaches. Just stuck out as an odd thing in his write up with no explanation.

Like people didn’t want to come to SA? He was struggling on quality people he wanted to work with?
    I took that as having difficulty finding quality people he wanted to be around practically 24/7 for 6+ months at a time...At this point, I imagine coaching the Spurs is more of a life choice for Pop than professional choice--and at 70, you don't want to be around those who don't make life pleasant...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it's essentially just a chance for them to hang out on Holt's dime tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would anyone want to be around a angry bitter man about 2016?
    Lost wife said more to life then basketball but if spurs do not have success with them they do not get more $$&&

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has been living on his reputation for 3 years and not coaching that great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information