Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not going to be head coach, just a damn good assistant. His bball IQ is insane, and he can teach all the guys great footwork, defense, and god forbid a post move instead of shooting step back 3s all day.
    Honestly, he probably does all this already, given all the stories about him having practices with the team. He may just do it at a greater capacity if he accepts the role.
    MoSpur022 man I hope youre legit and that this will come true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, he probably does all this already, given all the stories about him having practices with the team. He may just do it at a greater capacity if he accepts the role.
    Well here is the thing, and this is 100% speculation on my part. We are talking about one of the greatest compe ors that ever played the game. It’s hard when you are only in your early 40s to simply retire with basically nothing to do but hang out with the family. Yes obviously you want to spend time with your kids, but that compe ive drive does not simply go away. It needs to be filled somehow. So if this is for real, I fully believe he wants to be a head coach in the league. He wants to win championships as a head coach like he did as a player. That’s just my opinion. And yes if Tim is fully committed to the spurs as an assistant coach, he will be the head coach at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great players do not make great coaches. Scrub players make great coaches it's like that in all sports.
    Tim is one of the smartest players to ever play the game. Also what separates him from a lot of great players is the ego. He doesn’t have a massive ego that refuses to listen to anything other than his own opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well here is the thing, and this is 100% speculation on my part. We are talking about one of the greatest compe ors that ever played the game. It’s hard when you are only in your early 40s to simply retire with basically nothing to do but hang out with the family. Yes obviously you want to spend time with your kids, but that compe ive drive does not simply go away. It needs to be filled somehow. So if this is for real, I fully believe he wants to be a head coach in the league. He wants to win championships as a head coach like he did as a player. That’s just my opinion. And yes if Tim is fully committed to the spurs as an assistant coach, he will be the head coach at some point.
    What I believe is he is doing this because he feels sorry for Pop with the way #2 left him and his two main assistant coaches left him.... Thats probably where his compe ive fire is motivating this. He doesnt want the franchise he helped built go down in flames.

Honestly if this happens, I hope Manu joins Tim on the bench as an assistant coach too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I believe is he is doing this because he feels sorry for Pop with the way #2 left him and his two main assistant coaches left him.... Thats probably where his compe ive fire is motivating this. He doesnt want the franchise he helped built go down in flames.

Honestly if this happens, I hope Manu joins Tim on the bench as an assistant coach too.
    Spurs are still a pretty good team even without that snake ass around. Not championship team but we are relevant. So I don’t think that has anything to do with it. I think if he wants to come back and coach, it’s simply about the compe ive drive that is still inside him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone tell Duncan to get on Team USA plz, everyone's pulling out and he could fit right in

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu as a coach....omg
    his Bball IQ is thru the roof

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this would be huge for the future of the franchise. Team has been missing a leader like Timmy in the locker room

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I was told. He's accepted as far as I know. Not sure when the Spurs will officially announce it and Duncan can obviously change his mind, but from what I understand he will be an assistant coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that mean TD is going to sit on the bench and travel with the team or more like assist in practice, player assesment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow!!!!!

I hope he does take the job as assistant. I think he could really help the young players alot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that mean TD is going to sit on the bench and travel with the team or more like assist in practice, player assesment.
    I could see the latter as more plausible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the best news from this offseason by far

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best news of the offseason by a hundred ing miles tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snakes gonna snake. I’m sure pop has moved past load management’s exit. As for the assistants, pop wouldn’t be sad at all. Throughout his tenure, he has WANTED his guys to leave to advance their careers. He encourages it. Assistants become leads. Leads get head coaching jobs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever heard of Larry Bird? He was a great head coach. Took the Pacers to 2 x ECF and 1 x finals in his 3 year coaching stint. Could have even beaten the Bulls in one of those series and went to the finals twice and won it all if not for some bad/favourable foul call/s at the end of one of those games at the end of series.

Wow. Just read MoSpurs02's post as I was still on the previous page when posting my initial reply. I am freaking excited if Tim is going to join the team as an assistant coach. That will be amazing. Do you know if he'd be a full-time assistant, MoSpur? One that travels with the team?

btw, is the 02 in your username anything to do with Kawhi?
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-21-2019 at 10:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is one of the smartest players to ever play the game. Also what separates him from a lot of great players is the ego. He doesn’t have a massive ego that refuses to listen to anything other than his own opinion.
    I think TD does have a massive ego -- he just knows that the best way to feed that ego (by winning) is to listen to certain others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I was told.
    By the waiter at IHOP?
    One of your mothers card club playing members?
    By a stripper you lap danced with?

I mean can you give some sort of reference for cred?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the waiter at IHOP?
    One of your mothers card club playing members?
    By a stripper you lap danced with?

I mean can you give some sort of reference for cred?
    Well he was the one who called the Autist to Toronto trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he was the one who called the Autist to Toronto trade.
    I was unaware of that.
    Any others he has called?
    No intention to dis, just that with some on TrollTalks having a propensity to spout, just wanted a reference point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this would be huge for the future of the franchise. Team has been missing a leader like Timmy in the locker room
    what are you talking about? we've had patty

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see Timmy give nephew crippling nut tap on national tv while wearing a suit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was unaware of that.
    Any others he has called?
    No intention to dis, just that with some on TrollTalks having a propensity to spout, just wanted a reference point.
    Several that he's been the first to tell the board about MoSpur is legit --> has a friend in the front office IIRC.

EricB also. Maybe one or two others.

Thread Information