Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true that would make Patty expendable since Tim IS the Spurs culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope its true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I was told. He's accepted as far as I know. Not sure when the Spurs will officially announce it and Duncan can obviously change his mind, but from what I understand he will be an assistant coach.
    Wow. Great news. I thought this post was a joke. Timmy was notorious for being a gym rat so I'm glad he has an Avenue to help other playera and coaches!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent news if true. Need some Rastafarian Timmy on the sidelines tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he come back to be an assistant coach tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he wants to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent news if true. Need some Rastafarian Timmy on the sidelines tbh.

Should get along great with walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make millions teaching things he was perfecting for 20+ years. Laying a foundation to rebuild the Spurs after the PR thrashing Kawhi gave them. Hanging out with friends. Making an impact for the community in SA and possibly broader in the NBA. Smarter question where else would his talents take him farther? Guy is too young to act fully retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make Tim an assistant coach, you become a city major free agents want to come to, IMO. This gives stars the perfect excuse to come here.

Giannis in 2021, " I wanted to learn from one of the GOATs, that's why I'm taking my talents to San Antonio,"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make Tim an assistant coach, you become a city major free agents want to come to, IMO. This gives stars the perfect excuse to come here.

Giannis in 2021, " I wanted to learn from one of the GOATs, that's why I'm taking my talents to San Antonio,"
    ^lol

I'm sorry TD is an all time great, but great players didn't want to come play with him while still active...what makes any of you think it's going to change now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^lol

I'm sorry TD is an all time great, but great players didn't want to come play with him while still active...what makes any of you think it's going to change now?
    Correct me if im wrong but we never had cap space during his time here. Also, Tim wasnt as accomplished as he is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if im wrong but we never had cap space during his time here. Also, Tim wasnt as accomplished as he is now.
    You are wrong. Summer of '03, fresh off a championship, fresh off back to back MVPs with cap space available after Robinson's retirement and the Spurs struck out. He doesn't have any negative impact on free agent recruiting, if anything it's probably positive but it's nowhere positive enough to where players will come to small-market SA because of him.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds good, but other than Jason Kidd, he wasn’t a major draw to get free agents to consider SA even when he was playing. And Finley doesn’t count.

Edit: didn’t see you Weebo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are wrong. Summer of '03, fresh off a championship, fresh off back to back MVPs with cap space available after Robinson's retirement and the Spurs struck out. He doesn't have any negative impact on free agent recruiting, if anything it's probably positive but it's nowhere positive enough to where players will come to small-market SA because of him.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will insert him during the last 5 minutes of a crucial game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will insert him during the last 5 minutes of a crucial game.
    Do it, Brian!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I was told. He's accepted as far as I know. Not sure when the Spurs will officially announce it and Duncan can obviously change his mind, but from what I understand he will be an assistant coach.

in' A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if TD as assistant coach will get t'd up or tossed out of games for laughing in the sidelines again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if TD as assistant coach will get t'd up or tossed out of games for laughing in the sidelines again.
    Good thing Joey Crawford retired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe this is fake the the Spurs are just trying to find the mole leaking the info to ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the last one I’d imagine being an NBA coach but it’d be interesting. His leadership will be invaluable for a young rebuilding on the fly team. He could also stare snake into committing suicide on the court.

Will he be made to wear a jacket as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is truly surprising news, if true.

In fact, it seems so outlandish to me that I am still su ious this is a troll post and have a hard time taking it seriously...even if it comes from the lips of the prophet MoSpur02.

I thought Timmy was ready to settle down, spend time with Vanessa and his family, and manage BlackJack. I'm sure he is still on the Spurs payroll to some degree and can show up at the gym whenever he feels like it.

Does he really want to sign back up for every game and practice and being on the road nearly 6-8 months out of the year, and doing all the homework and game-planning that being a coach requires?

Who knows...maybe the simple family life hasn't been all he made it out be. Maybe a guy who spent the last two decades immersed in basketball is struggling to find purpose without it. Maybe he is just tired of hearing the kids yelling and screaming after being home for a couple years

Don't get me wrong...I will be ecstatic if this news is true. Duncan is still my favorite player to this day, and any way you can incorporate him into the fold is a major win...but I still need to see a press release before I get my hopes up on this. I figured Timmy would never be the type to go into coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking this might just be formalizing his current situation. He's been doing player development almost since the day he retired. I have a hard time seeing him as a bench coach and travelling with the team all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking this might just be formalizing his current situation. He's been doing player development almost since the day he retired. I have a hard time seeing him as a bench coach and travelling with the team all season.
    That would make a lot more sense, tbh.

Thread Information