Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a smart move for Morris' bank account. He's getting $5 million more on a bad team, in a major market. He's going to inflate his stats and get paid next off-season which is slim pickings. Knowing how the NY FO is, there's a good chance they brick what little there is next off-season and re-up Morris for that big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a smart move for Morris' bank account. He's getting $5 million more on a bad team, in a major market. He's going to inflate his stats and get paid next off-season which is slim pickings. Knowing how the NY FO is, there's a good chance they brick what little there is next off-season and re-up Morris for that big deal.
    Maybe. Beyond the expense of living in New York City, he has like five other power forwards to compete against. He'll have no visibility whatsoever, as the Knicks may be the worst team of all time, and he's perceived as both having broken his word to the Spurs and not wanting to compete. Also, he turned down a better offer from the Clippers, so no one knows what he wants. Plus, the second year from the Spurs could be seen as an insurance of $10 million in case he got hurt. Passing on all this for five million more doesn't seem the wisest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That $5M isn't but a fraction of that amount, because of city and state taxes, and cost of living differences. He won't be able to pad his stats as one of FIVE PFs on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. Beyond the expense of living in New York City, he has like five other power forwards to compete against. He'll have no visibility whatsoever, as the Knicks may be the worst team of all time, and he's perceived as both having broken his word to the Spurs and not wanting to compete. Also, he turned down a better offer from the Clippers, so no one knows what he wants. Plus, the second year from the Spurs could be seen as an insurance of $10 million in case he got hurt. Passing on all this for five million more doesn't seem the wisest.
    You have a good point on the player option. I wonder why he couldn’t get one with NYK. Spurs deal was more guaranteed cash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a good point on the player option. I wonder why he couldn’t get one with NYK. Spurs deal was more guaranteed cash.
    He doesn't care about the 2nd year. He wants to reenter free agency next year when there is a dearth of talent and he has a better chance of getting a big, multi-year contract. The free agency money dried up before he could get this big deal. That's why the Spurs guaranteed money over two years didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was the first year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His stats won't matter. I bet he's traded before the deadline. It was always intended that he was signing a one year deal. He'll get traded and bank on getting a much bigger deal than what the Clippers offered. We'll see if he gets it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a cap place holder. They needed to pay someone, probably to hit minimum salary threshold. They have no interest in Morris, long term. They want to get punked in FA again next summer, which is why he only got a one year deal. He has no interest in them, either. Think of it as not a one night stand, but a one year stand for both parties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't care about the 2nd year. He wants to reenter free agency next year when there is a dearth of talent and he has a better chance of getting a big, multi-year contract. The free agency money dried up before he could get this big deal. That's why the Spurs guaranteed money over two years didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was the first year.
    He gets an ACL injury like Dejounte, he just lost 5 million dollars. That is why his dumbass should have made the NYK give him a second year player option to break his Spurs deal. What a fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 million extra at the cost of damaging your reputation when you'll be looking for another contract as soon as next year, putting yourself behind a positional logjam where you wont even be able to display your talents as much, that 5 million is more like 1.6 million after cost of living and tax comps between NY and TX, and the chance to develop under a better coaching staff and most likely a deeper run in the season.

Costly 5 million right there. Morris is an idiot and if this is his decision making off the court I dont wanna see his decision making on the court for my favorite team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, spurs fans thinking they actually own players. In this case, a player that had never even played for us. Even if he was playing us from the start, it’s his choice. I personally don’t feel his talent isn’t anything to get upset over. Y’all acting like this mf is Dominique Wilkins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is enough

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are just starting The Office for the first time, you are in for a fun ride my friend.
    The British original is better IMO. US Office was really good until the final two seasons, but on English TV you can get away with lots of jokes you couldn't do in America without pissing our so easily offended population off.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Teams had money this year and he still was not a big deal to them. Now? After this? He’s not good enough to worry about for teams in light of his issues.
    He wasn't a priority this offseason because the free agent market was so stacked. Next year's market is trash, so unless he has a major decline out of nowhere this season, he'll have more interest then.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you expect a player that isn't getting a bunch of max contracts to not jump at the chance to make another $5 million? Not only that, but the higher contract gives him more options for more money on future deals and he is likely to get a much better contract next year when there are less free agents to gobble up the money. I expect that every person on this forum would take the additional $5 million if they were in his shoes.
    If it works out for him like that. If I were a GM, I wouldn't offer a contract to a guy (in the margins) who might bail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't a priority this offseason because the free agent market was so stacked. Next year's market is trash, so unless he has a major decline out of nowhere this season, he'll have more interest then.
    I am really not sure about that. He’s an obvious head case, BOS didn’t want him after losing Horford and Kyrie and with this stunt? I don’t think his market will be what you think it will be.

We will see though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really not sure about that. He’s an obvious head case, BOS didn’t want him after losing Horford and Kyrie and with this stunt? I don’t think his market will be what you think it will be.

We will see though.
    He also will be shopping for representation which I'm sure if there is money involved won't be a problem. I do think his dealings with Boston and us will not go unnoticed. Doesn't sound like a great locker-room presence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a reason for doing something doesn't remove blame. Kawhi had a reason for being a too.

I'd still love to have Morris as a buyout candidate this spring though.
    That would be great, but what makes you think NY will want to buy him out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a reason for doing something doesn't remove blame. Kawhi had a reason for being a too.

I'd still love to have Morris as a buyout candidate this spring though.
    I’d rather kiss Kawhitter’s foot than have this cancerous s play for our beloved Spurs tbh.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather kiss Kawhitter’s foot than have this cancerous s play for our beloved Spurs tbh.....
    I don’t give a if a mf is the grand dragon of the kkk. If he can hit jump shots, play defense and pass, I want him on my team. Get out of your ing feelings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be great, but what makes you think NY will want to buy him out?
    They likely signed him with the hopes of trading him to a contender for a pick. If they don't accomplish that, they'll probably buy him out.

if the Spurs weren't the other team in this fiasco, I'd be looking at the Knicks as a decent partner for a Mills dump/roster upgrade. Morris, Portis or Gibson could help team a team this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They likely signed him with the hopes of trading him to a contender for a pick. If they don't accomplish that, they'll probably buy him out.

if the Spurs weren't the other team in this fiasco, I'd be looking at the Knicks as a decent partner for a Mills dump/roster upgrade. Morris, Portis or Gibson could help team a team this season.
    That makes sense, thank you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lol wtf. Probably best we didnt sign this re

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ^ not smart on morris’ part but that’s a kind of toughness the spurs could’ve used tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ not smart on morris’ part but that’s a kind of toughness the spurs could’ve used tbh.
    That's not toughness, it's stupidity.

Thread Information