Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can make it look like one without any deep frying, just a microwave.
    Our microwave is super tiny. I can't even put a Chef Boyardee Ravioli cup in it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No it's not. It's a pain the in the ass.
    Super easy isn't ing having to make a multi layer sandwich, batter it, and deep fry it.
    Super easy is just a ham and cheese sandwich.
    It's probably not a bad thing it's not more convenient I'm guessing it's 2 days worth of calories.. I remember reading an article on Bennigans and how fat you had to be to order that sandwich

You can make it look like one without any deep frying, just a microwave.
    This is the post that convinced me you are a disturbed/determined sociopath troll masquerading under the forum idiot gimmick

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's probably not a bad thing it's not more convenient I'm guessing it's 2 days worth of calories.. I remember reading an article on Bennigans and how fat you had to be to order that sandwich
    I"m sure with french fries, it'd be a couple thousand calories. Probably several days worth of carbs. Not to mention the trans fat. But it was excellent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

This is the post that convinced me you are a disturbed/determined sociopath troll masquerading under the forum idiot gimmick
    Have you tried the Monte Cristo at Cheddar's?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nope

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    There used to be a food truck in Austin called “Are you gonna eat or what” that had the best Monte Cristo I’ve ever had. That was on point

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Its good. They also have a good Philly Cheese Steak and I've always like their mashed potatoes too. Used to be one of my go to places if I didn't know where I wanted to eat but I haven't been there in forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who has the best Monte Cristo then boys?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who has the best Monte Cristo then boys?
    Bend over, I'll ing show you the best Monte Cristo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh ...I didn't know they had one. This is your most helpful post ever!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh ...I didn't know they had one. This is your most helpful post ever!
    Its ing good. I usually only finish half because its so much food. If you go during lunch hours they give you half a portion for half the price.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its ing good. I usually only finish half because its so much food. If you go during lunch hours they give you half a portion for half the price.
    This is awesome news. It's semi life changing for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Monte Crisco! Yes Cheddars has a good one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Monte Crisco! Yes Cheddars has a good one
    Amazingly enough, I had the opportunity to go to Cheddars on Saturday and I did have the Monte Cristo. And it was very good.
    However, after 2 pieces (and being pretty full), I made the mistake of starting to eat a third one. Then once that was gone, I figured I didn't want to just take one piece home.
    So I ate that one as well. Then I felt pretty gross. This is probably a once every few months sandwich for me.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I miss...sincerely miss...the Monte Cristo
    I had one at a Bennigans in the Bay about 4 years ago...still delish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had one at a Bennigans in the Bay about 4 years ago...still delish.
    It's been a long time since I had one at Bennigan's. But I seem to remember it being a little better than the one at Cheddar's. It was crispier iirc.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's been a long time since I had one at Bennigan's. But I seem to remember it being a little better than the one at Cheddar's. It was crispier iirc.
    The jelly really makes it, tbh. The Bennigans I went to was serving it with a homemade, hot blackberry jam...I'm pretty sure they didn't do that at my Bennigans back home.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Amazingly enough, I had the opportunity to go to Cheddars on Saturday and I did have the Monte Cristo. And it was very good.
    However, after 2 pieces (and being pretty full), I made the mistake of starting to eat a third one. Then once that was gone, I figured I didn't want to just take one piece home.
    So I ate that one as well. Then I felt pretty gross. This is probably a once every few months sandwich for me.
    Cheddar's food in general is delicious but it always gives me the stomach cramps. Ate there a lot with family in 2013. The first time in OKC Norman (passing thru up I-35) and several times at the SA location by 410 and 151 later that spring and summer. I really liked their chicken tenders, mozz sticks, steak fingers, fried mushrooms, fries, everything was good there except for those "stromboli bites"... which were basically lightly encrusted blobs of spaghetti... hope they're not on the menu anymore, they sucked.

Haven't eaten at a Cheddar's since early August 2013, but had some good memories, it was one of my grandmother's favorites at that point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    On the subject of large amounts oil grease.. Is it me or do you guys get sick after ordering an onion blossom from Texas Roadhouse, Outback, etc? That is ing gross IMO, never again

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    On the subject of large amounts oil grease.. Is it me or do you guys get sick after ordering an onion blossom from Texas Roadhouse, Outback, etc? That is ing gross IMO, never again
    I know that would happen without ordering. Too much deep fried anything is going to make me nauseated. It's probably a good thing I can't eat as much Popeye's as I'd want.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    An air fryer is PERFECT for people who like fried food but don't want all the nastiness. We've done the Ninja, the Kitchen Aid and the Instant Pot, all of which are great kitchen appliances, but this thing is just s.

Done air fried fish and chicken in that thing and it was delicious and no feeling of nausea or bloating or lethargy that you get from deep fried . Even did a fried Twinkie in that ho and it was pretty dang good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know that would happen without ordering. Too much deep fried anything is going to make me nauseated. It's probably a good thing I can't eat as much Popeye's as I'd want.
    Yeah, the concept is common sense.. but the weird part is I have always ordered for a group of 4-5, and it still makes me sick even though I don't eat very much of it..

I read that the absolute worst food in any restaurant as far as nutritional value is Outbacks bacon cheddar fries

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    An air fryer is PERFECT for people who like fried food but don't want all the nastiness. We've done the Ninja, the Kitchen Aid and the Instant Pot, all of which are great kitchen appliances, but this thing is just s.

Done air fried fish and chicken in that thing and it was delicious and no feeling of nausea or bloating or lethargy that you get from deep fried . Even did a fried Twinkie in that ho and it was pretty dang good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The jelly really makes it, tbh. The Bennigans I went to was serving it with a homemade, hot blackberry jam...I'm pretty sure they didn't do that at my Bennigans back home.
    I remember the very first Monte Cristo I had (Bennigans). And I had them cut the powdered sugar and didn't want the jelly. Thought it was gross and I had it with mus . Over time, someone convinced me to try it the way it came. So good.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    AKA "The Itis".

Thread Information