Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol how do you prove this ?

Also, every team and player have done it. I would bet my house on it.

Do you think RC and/or Pop haven't had "friendly talks" with Gay telling him: "you are going to stay with us next year, right?". People talk, it's just part of human nature.

NBA needs to cut it with all it's re ed ass rules (like "agreeing" to a contract instead of signing it) and come up with better rules that apply common sense, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I love how they "opened investigation" once the Lakers got ed, when this has been happening year after year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are they gonna do, force social media sites to shut down? Anybody can message anyone now, it's gonna be hard to stop. LeBron has been tampering since he left Cleveland the 1st time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2ays nBa.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like a 1.39 billion dollars of contracts were agreed upon before free agency even begun. Hopefully that puts in perspective how tampering is ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've never done anything against tampering and will not do anything this time as well. It benefits all sides - players, teams, NBA.

That said, it'd be fun if they single out someone to make a point for once.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even good enough for a dog and pony show, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I really have a problem with is the Knicks contacting a player with a public agreement. I don’t understand how that can be tolerated. Madam Silver blows ass as an enforcer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver is a push over to the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, it'd be fun if they single out someone to make a point for once.
    Any chance they can single out Pattys 12:01 Fiddy Million and void the contract?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they'll force Kenwi to pay back what he stole???!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I love how they "opened investigation" once the Lakers got ed, when this has been happening year after year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance they can single out Pattys 12:01 Fiddy Million and void the contract?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver is as tough as he looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts too.

They are not going to do anything about it other than likely issue a blanket warning at the end of their "investigation". This whole saga keeps getting reported on NBA media outlets, and the discussion focusses on how great of a ratings boost all of the FA moves are, and how it keeps the league relevant in the off season. Silver likes this crap more than the games themselves, I think. High drama reality TV.

Ultimately the small market teams are going to be screwed, and the integrity of the league will suffer, but it's creating buzz, and buzz creates short term returns. Silver will turn a blind eye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) It’s not tampering to talk to your own FA’s. So the examples of Rudy don’t make sense.

2) I don’t think the league minds what would be considered minor tampering - reaching out for a meeting, players talking that are friends, etc..That is too difficult to police and really hard to define.

What I think the NBA and owners have a serious problem is real tampering; as in collusion to screw teams over by players/agents/teams along with under the table deals (Uncle Dennis) designed to cir vent the CBA. That is what is being discussed here; not the “Lebron had dinner with CP3” stuff.

I absolutely think you will see some form of changes. I read that the NBA discussed seizing phone records and servers as a means to prove things along with interviewing all parties (players, agents and nba team staff).

I don’t know that we will see punishment for the stuff Clippers/Kawhi pulled all last season/this off season but I do think you see changes that at least define what tampering is more strictly, change rules that allow for it to be a more open process where all teams can partake equally, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts too.

They are not going to do anything about it other than likely issue a blanket warning at the end of their "investigation". This whole saga keeps getting reported on NBA media outlets, and the discussion focusses on how great of a ratings boost all of the FA moves are, and how it keeps the league relevant in the off season. Silver likes this crap more than the games themselves, I think. High drama reality TV.

Ultimately the small market teams are going to be screwed, and the integrity of the league will suffer, but it's creating buzz, and buzz creates short term returns. Silver will turn a blind eye.
    Short term solutions always fail in the long term.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Isn't about Lakers... Small market teams like Hornets and especially Bucks who are worried about losing Giannis... Requesting league to investigate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't about Lakers... Small market teams like Hornets and especially Bucks who are worried about losing Giannis... Requesting league to investigate.
    But if Bucks are worried about losing Giannis to Lakers in 2021 or if he would get illegal offers in CBA from big market teams, we should hear more about why AD got $4M for Space Jam II production just after he waived his $4M trade bonus.
    But that's not the case. We're reading about only the Clippers offseason moves. I wonder why

It's always about the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short term solutions always fail in the long term.
    Otherwise they would be long term solutions

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But if Bucks are worried about losing Giannis to Lakers in 2021 or if he would get illegal offers in CBA from big market teams, we should hear more about why AD got $4M for Space Jam II production just after he waived his $4M trade bonus.
    But that's not the case. We're reading about only the Clippers offseason moves. I wonder why

It's always about the Lakers.
    Don't worry Kerr us going after the AD situation publicly but we all now he doing pop's dirty work and really speaking about Kawhi...
    But tbh I agree unless in the last year of a contract and you don't plan to sign an extension... Because at least the team can recoup some assets in return...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the under the table deals that could threaten the integrity of the game. If film and TV roles can be offered under the table it unfairly weights teams in markets that can offer that. If a plane can be offered under the table, it unfairly weights owners with the highest personal fortunes. The NBA will never stop teams from talking to agents and agreeing to contracts early, but it’s in their best interests to get this other stuff cleaned up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just shut the Knicks down and start a new franchise

Thread Information