Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They will lose @ MIA because it's Week 2, Brian Flores' revenge game, it's at Miami, and Brady doesn't take hot and humid weather well (1-12 career in Florida in the month of September). Also, early season Fitzmagic is always a thing. Everything points to a loss there. I'd honestly be shocked if the Pats actually won that game.

@BAL could go either way, and Belichick has a way at handling gimmick QBs, but BAL has the best secondary 1-6 in the entire NFL and it isn't even really close. They'll likely go around 8-8, but that's a home game for the Ravens.

Patriots have lost at least 1 to the NFC every year except their perfect regular season, so I suspect they'll lose either one or both of the Philly/Dallas games. Especially Philly at Philly, I'd give the Eagles a 75-25 shot. Dallas at home could go either way, 50-50, obviously if there's no Zeke that's a different story.

@NYJ is one that could be closer than you'd think, but you have to like the Pats to pull it out in the end, though it's not a guarantee-

@HOU - HOU is one of those teams that people overrate for no good reason every single year. Very top heavy team, and the Patriots have downright OWNED them over the years, regular season and playoffs. Bad OL and secondary, flaws that play right into the hands of both Belichick and Brady. I don't see them losing that one.

KC - yes that could go either way, but I'd give the Pats a slight upper hand because they're at home and it's later in the year.

So 12-4 it is.
    I actually agree with this. Last year they lost games to 5 non-playoff teams and that trend will continue to some extent this year. Over a 16 game season a 42-year old QB is going to have at least a few ty performances, likely on the road (ie their game against the ans last year).

Only way they don’t lose at Miami week 2 is if Miami is in complete rebuild mode and doesn’t even try to win this year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I actually agree with this. Last year they lost games to 5 non-playoff teams and that trend will continue to some extent this year. Over a 16 game season a 42-year old QB is going to have at least a few ty performances, likely on the road (ie their game against the ans last year).

Only way they don’t lose at Miami week 2 is if Miami is in complete rebuild mode and doesn’t even try to win this year.
    “if”

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    really disappointed by thomas getting cut.. i hope they bring him back

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I could still seeing them winning their first 2 at home, beating the Ravens and Patriots on the arm of Early Season Fitzmagic and some clutch interceptions from their surprisingly-still-good secondary guided by Flores (don't forget Xavien Howard, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Reshad Jones are still on the team). Then they will fall off the earth pretty quickly and finish 3-13 or 4-12. Sort of like Tampa last year.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I know they’re always in rebuild mode but they’ve usually been in denial about it .

The fact they’re starting Fitzmagic over Rosen tells me they might revert back to trying to eek out 6-8 wins again rather than going all out investing in a rebuild.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I know they’re always in rebuild mode but they’ve usually been in denial about it .

The fact they’re starting Fitzmagic over Rosen tells me they might revert back to trying to eek out 6-8 wins again rather than going all out investing in a rebuild.
    Fitzpatrick at least brings life. The Bucs had the #1 ranked passing offense in the NFL last year (not joking; their defense was atrocious), largely thanks to him. Rosen on the other hand is a pocket statue, good for at least 3-4 sack fumbles a game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Julian Edelman, DeMaryius Thomas. WOW. Now I think they go 15-1.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    now i have brown/gordon/brady on my fantasy team

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Damn

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We need some cosmic justice here this ain't right

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    We need some cosmic justice here this ain't right
    This IS the cosmic justice for the fake news bull DeflateGate smear job.

But if it’s any solace, historically, all-time great offenses usually don’t win the Super Bowl.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    now i have brown/gordon/brady on my fantasy team
    Brown against the steelers week 1, welp it says he's not eligible so oh well

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

But if it’s any solace, historically, all-time great offenses usually don’t win the Super Bowl.
    They also have a of a secondary and their LB's ain't bad either.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    Post Count
    If BB planned this since AB asked to be traded then he deserves to be inducted into the HoF before tomorrow´s kickoff.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Julian Edelman, DeMaryius Thomas. WOW. Now I think they go 15-1.
    i mean he's no inman but he will have to do

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i mean he's no inman but he will have to do

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

i ing called it

On a serious note, for what was projected as an awful receiving corp only a couple months ago, the page has really flipped fast.. Worried they will have to free some cap space though which may mean Thomas getting cut, hopefully no.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

i ing called it

On a serious note, for what was projected as an awful receiving corp only a couple months ago, the page has really flipped fast.. Worried they will have to free some cap space though which may mean Thomas getting cut, hopefully no.
    If you have 4 former All Pro's, why cut one of them? Cut bait with someone else, they can cut bait with Bennett, Mason, or some combination of White or Burkhead + Chung, make the safety McCourty take a paycut because he's 32.

Bennett is my obvious choice, he'll be 34 this season and is due for falling off... Eagles let him go for a reason.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    If you have 4 former All Pro's, why cut one of them? Cut bait with someone else, they can cut bait with Bennett, Mason, or some combination of White or Burkhead + Chung, make the safety McCourty take a paycut because he's 32.

Bennett is my obvious choice, he'll be 34 this season and is due for falling off... Eagles let him go for a reason.
    because you only need so many WRs. why sacrifice depth at DE so you can have a 4th wide receiver?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    because you only need so many WRs. why sacrifice depth at DE so you can have a 4th wide receiver?
    in part because they don't have a TE. Why not spread the field with Gordon - Edelman - OLine - Brown - Thomas and the promising young bell cow in the backfield Michel? The TE doesn't need to see the field that way.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

The one concern I have is that Belichick was so eager to throw a $15mm deal at this guy so quickly. I don’t see him doing that unless there’s a big concern he’s trying to address, but with Gordon cleared to play I don’t see how that’s the case. On paper this is the most stacked receiver group Brady has ever had, by far. The Moss/Welker teams had all in terms of depth, while this group has three great options right off the bat and possibly two more depending on Demaryius Thomas and Harry.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

mason you mean shaq mason? that would be the dumbest move BB has ever made

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The one concern I have is that Belichick was so eager to throw a $15mm deal at this guy so quickly. I don’t see him doing that unless there’s a big concern he’s trying to address, but with Gordon cleared to play I don’t see how that’s the case. On paper this is the most stacked receiver group Brady has ever had, by far. The Moss/Welker teams had all in terms of depth, while this group has three great options right off the bat and possibly two more depending on Demaryius Thomas and Harry.
    Harry is out for the season on IR but that doesn't matter at this point. The Pats have FOUR receivers with all pro and pro bowl to their name. Including two future hall of famers who just so conveniently line up best in the slot. And Michel is in his second year which is usually a great year for a running back. There are concerns on the OL but it's still better than a lot of teams'. Best team since '07 honestly. Doesn't guarantee a ring, though, but that offense should be incredible.

Looks like BB was willing to trade the Raiders a 1st to get Brown but they got lucky

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I mean this team should be good down the line if they manage to stay healthy, but early on there should be a lot of rust as these people basically never played toghether and the blocking will be worse no matter what..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    pre-planned tbh. cheatriots special

mortensen said AB spoke with social media consultants to best figure out how to accelerate getting cut. rosenhaus immediately says AB has a robust market and within 15 minutes the guy has a huge 1 year deal from pats lined up and agreed to

Thread Information