Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ya'll got any favorites? Any hidden gems?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    TopGolf at the Rim

The bar at the ATT center across from the team shop/Whataburger

that sketchy bar on the way to the ATT center...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Fatso's on Bandera road was my spot for Spurs games in childhood.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Back in the day, Bennigans was the . The one in Central Park Mall's corpse's parking lot. Used to have fiddy cent beer specials on Wednesdays and $1 pints of top shelf brew on Thursdays. Going out and getting wasted on $10 is a win for anyone, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like the bab social club. Good food, sexy waitresses, good TVs, but u cant play music they have their own music. For a dive bar thats clean with hot bartenders would be Omallys. The tv’s are small but u can play music. Little Woodrows is a great place to watch a playoff game but take ur bankruptcy attorney drinks are expensive. If ur by the airport Rookies Too. The best one in the medical center area is probably Wurzbach Ice House. Food, touchtunes, nice TVs and a bunch of hot chicks.
    Last edited by Big Empty; 07-23-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Hooligans was cool back in the day. Gone to now (even the name is different).

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Yea, I agree with Bennigans; Shennigans good too. I don't know about Hooligans; sorry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    When you coming to SA bro?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ya'll got any favorites? Any hidden gems?
    I highly recommend these places, let me know what you think if you go tbh.. Both have great service.

Halftime Pizza on either Bandera or Tezel - Straight fire.. Their pizza rolls and wings are great, and they serve like 12 craft beers and some domestics on draft. You have to get a few pizza rolls and an order of lemon pepper buffalo wings.. Huge projector screens and a bunch of TV's for all your games.. Definitely a hidden gem

Cover 3 on 1604 - They have a modern menu with some unique choices, and everything I've had there is always cooked perfectly and tastes great. They also have some damn good wings, and their house bleu cheese is up there w/ Wingstop's IMO. Their beer selection isn't the best, but then again I only drink IPA's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Back in the day, Bennigans was the . The one in Central Park Mall's corpse's parking lot. Used to have fiddy cent beer specials on Wednesdays and $1 pints of top shelf brew on Thursdays. Going out and getting wasted on $10 is a win for anyone, tbh.
    Mannnn.. Bennigans was the back then.. 25 cent wings and dollar beers FTW. they put themselves out of business, as did Tom's Ribs

Fatso's on Bandera road was my spot for Spurs games in childhood.
    R.I.P

I like the bab social club
    Didn't the owner of some spot downtown buy that place and change the name? Is it the same it was before just rebranded or nah?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    His Royal Beefness has the best burgers

Or Shenanigans for a good, extra special chef treated steak

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mannnn.. Bennigans was the back then.. 25 cent wings and dollar beers FTW. they put themselves out of business, as did Tom's Ribs

R.I.P

Didn't the owner of some spot downtown buy that place and change the name? Is it the same it was before just rebranded or nah?
    SA is one of the cheapest/best value places to eat and drink in the USA, as long as you stay away from the north side and downtown.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I highly recommend these places, let me know what you think if you go tbh.. Both have great service.

Halftime Pizza on either Bandera or Tezel - Straight fire.. Their pizza rolls and wings are great, and they serve like 12 craft beers and some domestics on draft. You have to get a few pizza rolls and an order of lemon pepper buffalo wings.. Huge projector screens and a bunch of TV's for all your games.. Definitely a hidden gem

Cover 3 on 1604 - They have a modern menu with some unique choices, and everything I've had there is always cooked perfectly and tastes great. They also have some damn good wings, and their house bleu cheese is up there w/ Wingstop's IMO. Their beer selection isn't the best, but then again I only drink IPA's.
    I will second cover 3, big fan of it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I miss...sincerely miss...the Monte Cristo

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    3rd for Cover 3....been going to the Austin ones for years, well worth it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Big pizza fan so I'll definitely have to give Halftime Pizza a shot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I never tried it tbh, because wing prices were so cheap at the time we never ordered anything else there

3rd for Cover 3....been going to the Austin ones for years, well worth it!
    Yeah, they're clearly very well managed. The consistency from them is spot on, and all the servers are competent. The TV setup, amount of space, outside area, and the fact that they're never super packed with people are all great too.

Big pizza fan so I'll definitely have to give Halftime Pizza a shot.
    Tbh, the pizza rolls are where it's at. They're huge and only a dollar each during happy hour.. The pizza tastes great, but I prefer to order items on menus that you can't get elsewhere.. in Halftime's case I've never found a place that offers pizza rolls like that and the lemon pepper buffalo mixture on their wings is ing brilliance. It's the perfect mix of flavors for a wing sauce IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Surprised nobody mentioned Freetail on 1604. Besides the badass beer they have some good ing pizza. Interesting choices like artichoke, asparagus, anchovies, etc. Vibe is super chill they even let you bring your dogs. I like going Tuesdays when you get a pint for two bucks (looking at your cheap ass, Andy).

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Surprised nobody mentioned Freetail on 1604. Besides the badass beer they have some good ing pizza. Interesting choices like artichoke, asparagus, anchovies, etc. Vibe is super chill they even let you bring your dogs. I like going Tuesdays when you get a pint for two bucks (looking at your cheap ass, Andy).
    Plus the owner used to be a big poster on this site....may very well still be, I’m not sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Plus the owner used to be a big poster on this site....may very well still be, I’m not sure.
    I forgot to mention that. The dude is cool. Every time me and my girl would go he'd hook us up with free beer and gear.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He moved on from Freetail about a year ago I think, but Scott is a good dude.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Super easy to make at home

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I avoid those places at all costs. No thanks, cigarette smell is bad enough...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Super easy to make at home
    No it's not. It's a pain the in the ass.
    Super easy isn't ing having to make a multi layer sandwich, batter it, and deep fry it.
    Super easy is just a ham and cheese sandwich.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    No it's not. It's a pain the in the ass.
    Super easy isn't ing having to make a multi layer sandwich, batter it, and deep fry it.
    Super easy is just a ham and cheese sandwich.
    You can make it look like one without any deep frying, just a microwave.

Thread Information