Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Now we won't get to see that Miley Cyrus-Santana duet we've all been clamoring for...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/31/enter...led/index.html

(CNN)The Woodstock 50 festival, which in its planning stages has been plagued by a series of misfortunes and obstacles, will not go on as planned.

"We are saddened that a series of unforeseen setbacks has made it impossible to put on the Festival we imagined with the great line-up we had booked and the social engagement we were anticipating," said Michael Lang, co-founder of the Woodstock Music and Arts Festival. "We thank the artists, fans and partners who stood by us even in the face of adversity."
    The festival had been scheduled to take place August 16 to 18 to celebrate Woodstock's 50th Anniversary.
    Jay-Z pulled out of the festival just days ago, as did musician John Fogerty.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    Bummer.

First time I saw the first Woodstock the movie was in the mess hall on the USS Horne. It was our movie for that night, it didn't take long for all the old salts to leave which left just us young guys so somebody broke out a joint. 20 dudes hitting that same joint, yep, never made it back.

In my opinion the best act was this one. Not that all of them weren't good. This one got us up and moving.

What a great time to be a young guy the 60's/70's.
    Last edited by Sir Johnny; 08-01-2019 at 04:07 AM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ever since that Limp Bizkit fiasco I been wanting a new Woodstock where millenial Drake and Arianna fans get blind sided by people looking to mosh and set on fire
    Would be epicccc

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Because hip hop & rap crap have no place at Woodstock.

I'd definitely enjoy a Woodstock featuring the Metallica and Slipknot's of the world plus several oldies from the 70s and 80s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils

I'd definitely enjoy a Woodstock featuring the Metallica and Slipknot's of the world plus several oldies from the 70s and 80s.
    I don't think it was cancelled bc of Jay Z backing out. There were signs it was being mis-managed and mis-timed (Lollapalooza is going on rn tbh)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

they should just bring out all the doom and sabbath bands together like graveyard. hiphop and the like aren't "woodstock" but nothing is woodstock unless it was still the 60's today. every fest these days is just pop "hiphop" acts and pop "r&b".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    they should just bring out all the doom and sabbath bands together like graveyard. hiphop and the like aren't "woodstock" but nothing is woodstock unless it was still the 60's today. every fest these days is just pop "hiphop" acts and pop "r&b".
    Don't forget a couple DJs and one 80s dude like chris isaak

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't forget a couple DJs and one 80s dude like chris isaak
    indeed

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I don't think it was cancelled bc of Jay Z backing out. There were signs it was being mis-managed and mis-timed (Lollapalooza is going on rn tbh)
    Look I think hip hop has its place and all, is great for dance parties etc, but don't call it Woodstock. Woodstock is about rock and roll, metal, headbanging, hipsters, s, headbanging, (optionally) smoking pot and/or tripping on acid, eating mushrooms.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I think you can replicate it pretty well today if you feature a lot of metal, rock, grunge, death metal etc. bands from the 80s up thru today. With possibly a few volunteering classic rock bands from the 70s to throw in a little old school appeal. People will still show up to rage, headbang, toke, trip, strip and show off their tats/piercings.

Just no country, pop, hip hop, techno, r&b stuff... completely wrong vibe and genres for that ambiance.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Looked at Gutfield Show from yesterday...they talked about this being cancelled. Gutfield commented that before he goes to any event he always takes into consideration toilet facilities. One of his guests piped up that when Nixon went to China in the early '70's they were so worried about facilities there that they shipped a toilet along on the trip. "At the time a toilet in China was 2 footprints and a hole." LOL!

ADDENDUM:::

Just after the 35:00 mark.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Look I think hip hop has its place and all, is great for dance parties etc, but don't call it Woodstock. Woodstock is about rock and roll, metal, headbanging, hipsters, s, headbanging, (optionally) smoking pot and/or tripping on acid, eating mushrooms.
    After one leaves College, there really is no excuse for still listening to Hip Hop/Rap. You shouldn't still relate with the subject matter.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    After one leaves College, there really is no excuse for still listening to Hip Hop/Rap. You shouldn't still relate with the subject matter.
    agree... except for when you're trying to relive your glory days, red solo cups, beer pong, grinding on hot chicks etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    agree... except for when you're trying to relive your glory days, red solo cups, beer pong, grinding on hot chicks etc
    Are you listening to songs from that time period? I can get on board with that. Fun warp back to the past.

Putting on today's Rap/Hip Hop is s bagish especially if your White.....your grinding on a girl to the voice of a black guy

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Are you listening to songs from that time period? I can get on board with that. Fun warp back to the past.

Putting on today's Rap/Hip Hop is s bagish especially if your White.....your grinding on a girl to the voice of a black guy
    It's dance music. Who cares about race of the singer of a song when you're drunk/grinding on drunk chicks. I'm not talking about straight gangsta rap here. I'm talking about modern synthpop dance with embedded rap verses and hip hop-ish hooks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    This is true, and even if it wasn't...listening/watching a hip-hop show live has never been an enjoyable experience, even when sufficiently high. Rappers are incredibly tone-deaf, just lip sync please.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    This is true, and even if it wasn't...listening/watching a hip-hop show live has never been an enjoyable experience, even when sufficiently high. Rappers are incredibly tone-deaf, just lip sync please.
    like I don't necessarily hate hip hop but you nailed it. Some genres like hip hop and techno are much better on CD/MP3/Youtube/vinyl than live.

Thread Information