Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come Jordan needed Pippen to make it out of the first round? After that, with Pippen, why did Jordan need the Celtics and Pistons to age out of contention before making it to an NBA finals?
    The Mother er is 6 for 6. Not much to pick apart when you are 6 for 6. He won more than every single one of his peers. Magic, Bird, Thomas, and denied guys like Ewing, Miller, Malone, Barkley Rings. Jordan buried them all..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you’re giving Duncan credit for losing more often before the Finals?

5 rings to 3. And a way past his prime Duncan beat Lebron. Yeah compe ion was a for Lebron. Duncan's Spurs rolled him..

But why couldn’t he get to the Finals nine times?
    That is like asking why didn't other teams get to the Superbowl 4 times in a row like the Buffalo Bills?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan is superior because he got his ass kicked by the 8 seed Grizzlies, instead of losing in the Finals what incredible logic.
    He is better because he needed less chances to win his rings. And he beat that ass two times. If it takes me 10 years to earn a million bucks, and it takes you 20.. Who invested better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needed the same amount of chances, he just got his ass kicked earlier in the process, and more often.
    Lebron has 3 fella.. 3.. You know 1,2 uhhhhh oh yeah 3.... "Not 5, Not 6, Not 7, Not 8, Not 9" LOL.. No just 3..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Duncan got his ass beat before the Finals more often than LeBron.
    Good for Lebron. He is the Buffalo Bills of the NBA.. That makes Tim the 90's Cowboys..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buffalo getting to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing is a tougher, more impressive accomplishment than the 91 Redskins winning it once and never going again.
    There ya go with loving them runner up trophies.. Lebron is the GOAT boys.. Look at all these 2nd place finishes..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Duncan got his ass kicked by an 8 seed
    And beat the Kings ass two times for the Chip

Did he not? 5 beats 3...

All BS aside what you don't get is Lebron's legacy is largely tied to all of this losing. Failing to deliver the goods in the big moments. Jordan is the man people always compare him too. He was the Ultimate winner. He delivered the goods in the modern NBA like no other. When he got to the final step, was all over with.. Done.. Lebron failed over and over to deliver in THE MOMENT.. Massive knock on his legacy..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Duncan got his ass kicked by an 8 seed but according to you that helps his legacy since he didn’t lose in the Finals.
    Your team got rolled by a drunk Don Nelson in one of the biggest upsets in NBA history.

Dirk: just the 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jordan was the Ultimate Winner why did he lose so much before getting to the Finals? Why did he only get there 6 times when LeBron did it 9 times?
    So Lebron is better than Jordan with 3 rings to Jordan's 6? Is that right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I said is that LeBron’s 9 Finals appearances is more than Jordan’s 6. If Jordan is the Ultimate Winner why did he lose so much before the Finals?
    If Lebron is better than Jordan or Tim why do they both have more rings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not the one claiming that Dirk failing pre-Finals helps his legacy. Keep up, Chris. Sad!
    No one is making that claim. You just made that up This is your straw man. Sad!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody here claimed LeBron is better. His 9 Finals appearances is more than Jordan or Duncan’s 6. Do you not understand numbers?

Why did Jordan and Duncan lose so much more pre-Finals than LeBron? You know, if they’re Ultimate Winners and LeBron is a loser with excuses and all, then why couldn’t they get there 9 times or more?
    My point is Duncan and Jordan are both better than Lebron and I told you why about 15 times.. Finals apps mean nothing without cashing them in. It is like having a winning lotto ticket you did not bother to cash. Worthless..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So losing to an 8 seed is equal to losing in the Finals? Okay then
    Wining 5 rings to his 3 is what makes him better..

Magnified by them essentially playing in the same era, and meeting in the Finals 3 times. Duncan wins again 2-1.. Duncan also stayed in SA and never cried about needing to leave to form a Super team. He did not call up Dirk and say "Lets play together, this is too hard"..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mother er is 6 for 6. Not much to pick apart when you are 6 for 6. He won more than every single one of his peers. Magic, Bird, Thomas, and denied guys like Ewing, Miller, Malone, Barkley Rings. Jordan buried them all..
    Thanks to the refs, ty opposition, plumbers guarding him

And the refs/Stern machine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to the refs, ty opposition, plumbers guarding him

And the refs/Stern machine
    If Lebron had to play the Bad Boy Pistons he would refuse to take the court, until Stern made the Pistons promise to stop picking on him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So losing to an 8-seed the same as losing in the Finals - yes or no?
    5 beats 3

2-1 head to head.. Give it up son..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course Griffin backed off his comments...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So losing to an 8-seed the same as losing in the Finals - yes or no?
    I like the trolling

the answer is no.

my follow up: is not making the playoffs the same as losing in the playoffs? Bc LeBron has missed it twice. And no excuses remember

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t made one excuse for LeBron, haven’t called him the GOAT, haven’t argued he’s greater than Jordan or Duncan, etc. I just stated the fact that you can’t penalize him for getting to the Finals 9 times and losing, but then not criticize a guy who failed to make it 9 times.
    Can I penalize him for missing the playoffs while the other guy didn’t miss the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron had to play the Bad Boy Pistons he would refuse to take the court, until Stern made the Pistons promise to stop picking on him..
    Lol, no zone D, bigger and stronger than MJ

Sure, Lebron would struggled against those off duty traffic cops

And Jordan couldn’t beat Deteoit until ...... Stern changed the rules for him before the 90-91 seasson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, no zone D, bigger and stronger than MJ

Sure, Lebron would struggled against those off duty traffic cops

And Jordan couldn’t beat Deteoit until ...... Stern changed the rules for him before the 90-91 seasson
    Are you under the impression that anybody in the league today plays defense? You must be watching a completely different NBA.

Final score of Knicks/Spurs game 5 was 78-77.. Nobody scored 100 the whole series.. Now they score 80 by the half...
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 08-03-2019 at 06:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you under the impression that anybody in the league today plays defense? You must be watching a completely different NBA.

Final score of Knicks/Spurs game 5 was 78-77.. Nobody scored 100 the whole series.. Now they score 80 by the half...
    Hard fouls and hand checking are not defense

That’s what players had to do when they were inept defenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your team got rolled by a drunk Don Nelson in one of the biggest upsets in NBA history.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Luke Walton has more rangs than _irk

Thread Information