Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 nationally televised games for the Spurs this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn even worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

B-But the spurs don’t need kawhi it’s all about the CULTURE!!

GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured, because the NBA doesn't trust Pop playing his starters on these games. Pop is kind of hurting the team's revenue with his stunts if you look at it. Resting players in national TV game's platform is all starting to catch up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured, because the NBA doesn't trust Pop playing his starters on these games. Pop is kind of hurting the team's revenue with his stunts if you look at it. Resting players in national TV game's platform is all starting to catch up.
    Yeah, but most of the time his actions are justified. Like playing top teams after a tough week on the 2nd night of a back to back. I'm pretty sure Pop even said once it was bull and just a setup for the Spurs to get embarrassed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but most of the time his actions are justified. Like playing top teams after a tough week on the 2nd night of a back to back. I'm pretty sure Pop even said once it was bull and just a setup for the Spurs to get embarrassed.
    I can't argue with you on that. The League has always had a hatred for the Spurs, they (a small market team were not supposed to have dominated the early 2000nds like they did, but Pop kind of have justification the League needed to block the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 really is a low blow. On the other hand Spurs seem to lose all day games from my recall and often stink up the joint on other TV games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 and 7 on NBA TV....which is 12 and only 1 below last season. Isn't the 13 last year including NBA TV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, as a Spurs fan that lives in the northwest, the NBA league pass became that much more attractive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 and 7 on NBA TV....which is 12 and only 1 below last season. Isn't the 13 last year including NBA TV?
    no.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    afaik League Pass doesn't get you NBA TV games either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a lot of respect for a team that hasn't missed the playoffs in over two decades and is supposedly the model franchise in all of U.S. pro sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this rank against other teams? I heard the Lakers (no shock) again lead the league with something like 31 or 32 nationally televised games. The disparity seems really unfair. Successful, small-market team doesn't get nationally televised games...then when merchandise sales are low for the Spurs the league will say the team is just not that popular. Seems like prior year playoff teams should be en led to a certain number of nationally televised games as a reward for being successful. The league is hurting the marketing potential of the franchise, and ultimately the profitability of the team by shunning them.

The NBA sucks ass these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should’ve worked harder to keep kawhi tbh. in all honesty we should get all of Portland’s games that team is ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this rank against other teams? I heard the Lakers (no shock) again lead the league with something like 31 or 32 nationally televised games. The disparity seems really unfair. Successful, small-market team doesn't get nationally televised games...then when merchandise sales are low for the Spurs the league will say the team is just not that popular. Seems like prior year playoff teams should be en led to a certain number of nationally televised games as a reward for being successful. The league is hurting the marketing potential of the franchise, and ultimately the profitability of the team by shunning them.

The NBA sucks ass these days.
    Full breakdown below, comparing '18-'19 with '19-'20. If you include National TV appearances + NBATV appearances, Spurs are tied for 12th most along with the Pacers and Thunder.

Last edited by Dex; 08-14-2019 at 10:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Thanks Dex! The Raptors rank 14th in total number of nationally televised games as the defending champs. Nets go from 6 games to 20, Clippers go from 17 to 38. Spurs nationally televised games get cut in half. We have the same number of nationally televised games as the Pacers and Thunder. I guess we know where we're classified per the NBA. Zion gets the Pelicans up to 30 nationally televised games for a team that hasn't done sh!t...ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Thanks Dex! The Raptors rank 14th in total number of nationally televised games as the defending champs. Nets go from 6 games to 20, Clippers go from 17 to 38. Spurs nationally televised games get cut in half. We have the same number of nationally televised games as the Pacers and Thunder. I guess we know where we're classified per the NBA. Zion gets the Pelicans up to 30 nationally televised games for a team that hasn't done sh!t...ever.
    Zion about to be the biggest bust in NBA history. If you struggle with weight issues at age 19 then that doesn’t bode well for him at all, especially down in New Orleans. He’s gonna be eating all kinds of bad food. Dudes gonna look like Zach Randolph 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion about to be the biggest bust in NBA history. If you struggle with weight issues at age 19 then that doesn’t bode well for him at all, especially down in New Orleans. He’s gonna be eating all kinds of bad food. Dudes gonna look like Zach Randolph 2.0
    to be fair, he's far more athletic than randolph ever was but zach was still quite a scorer. i'm not sure what to expect from zion. he really could be the promised land, or a false prophet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair, he's far more athletic than randolph ever was but zach was still quite a scorer. i'm not sure what to expect from zion. he really could be the promised land, or a false prophet.
    I think he will be alright, but the league is blowing him up like the 2nd coming of LeBron. I just don't see it.

It's very possible that he takes some time to get up to NBA speed, the Hornets are just a poor-to-average team, and the networks will be stuck showing them for 30 national games. But they won't care because he may get a few flashy dunks in that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion's playing style reminds me a little of when Larry Johnson was coming out of UNLV. Zion's a little taller, and a lot heavier, but they were similar style athletes.

Thread Information