Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Some of you "Lone wolf losers" need to take a long look in the mirror.
    BLM & Antifa can take a peek as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No they don’t. Their hands aren’t soaked in blood like yours.
    Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some of you "Lone wolf losers" need to take a long look in the mirror.
    My issues following the aftermath of these shootings is the focus on race. I really hate scrolling throughout the cesspool that is twitter, but one common theme from the outraged there (and on any social media platform) is to focus on the race of the shooter. It's not a matter of if, but when, an angry Latino, black, etc shoots up a majority white soft target, likely claiming it as an act of revenge for the people of color who were victims of the Christchurch, El Paso, etc shootings. How will the debate look then? My problem is that racializing and politicizing these events deflects away from what should be evaluated in an agenda-free manner: How do we stop mass shootings. When the eventual black or Latino shooter does his deed, the debate will devolve into, "See! Blacks and Latinos do it too! I bet you lefties were utterly disappointed when you found out the shooter's name was Jesus Ramirez," instead of continuing dialogue on how to stop this .

It'll just further entrench sides on a issue we need to work together to solve.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM & Antifa can take a peek as well.
    Less talk, more reflection, loser.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mental problems are definitely a factor, the driving factor most likely. Those with psychological and social problems are much easier to radicalize than those without. The mass shooter profile is often an unmarried, unemployed or underemployed, male in his late teens to early 30s who is bitter at the world. Before the Internet/Cable news, this type would just off themselves, going out with the proverbial "whimper." Columbine coincided with the rise of the 24/7 cable news cycle and broke the mold. Now depressed, disgruntled individuals found a way to get back at the world and leave it with the proverbial "bang." A mass shooting allows them a sense of power, control, and notoriety they've never had in their lives before they die or get captured.

I believe many of these mass shooters really don't care about a "cause." They just want to wreak havoc for havoc's sake, but if they pen some asinine manifesto beforehand, they know they'll receive more infamy. The Internet plays a huge role here in spreading that infamy faster than even before, especially with the proliferation and ubiquity of social media. The mass shooter plans his act knowing full well he'll be the center of attention for a week or more. In the past (pre-cable news), if there was a mass shooting, a brief report would show up on your local 11 o'clock news and they would move on to the next story. Now these events are incessantly covered. And holes like the Chans, et al have exalted these psychos as anti-heroes.

I've always said a solution to this epidemic is going to require a multifaceted approach that enacts reasonable gun control (i.e. age limits, stricter licensing procedures, etc), improvement in mental health care, and probably most importantly, a fundamental change in America's collective cultural mentality. It's ingrained into us at a very early age that if you're not wealthy, talented, and attractive, you're essentially a worthless piece of . It's not surprising the vast majority of these shooters are single "incel" types without much going for them in those 3 areas.

I don't say this to laugh at them, but to illustrate what Americans place value on. If we "value" other things besides money, sex, and "talent," maybe these incels would find positive things worth living for. As it stands, they reflect on their lives that lack wealth, a sex life, and career opportunity, and basically say " it," because again, we're taught those are the only things in life that matter.
    That's the main problem imo

as funny as the Virgin vs Chad memes are, unfortunately the incels get in a negative feedback loop and believe that they are stuck in the "Virgin" stage due to factors outside of their control. Yes, female hypergamy is becoming more rampant and is a problem, but pretty much all incels could become 7/10 if they just hit the gym and took care of their diet/appearance. I used to feel bad for them, but a 7/10 today will still have success in the dating world even if they're not Chad.

The wealthy part can obviously be fixed as well. The incels are right, that they are generally useless pieces of in today's society, but they are wrong when they act like it can't be fixed if they want it to be. It just takes lots of effort.

EDIT: to add an additional thought, a lot of these shooters lack a real purpose so these events are usually manufactured as a "purpose" hence a Manifesto IMO. I think it was Jordan Peterson who mentioned it, but all young men need some kind of purpose in their lives. for directionless people like these, the outlet was the military but in today's information age and young men rightfully questioning the need to fight in bogus wars, that outlet is disappearing
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 08-04-2019 at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Less talk, more reflection, loser.
    I'll boil it down:::

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Name all the Antifa mass shootings.

Name all the BLM mass shootings.
    I was just checkin' assholes; BLM & Antifa came immediately to mind.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The time for working together ended a while ago. This ends messy no matter what. They had their chances to work together and refused. em.
    I absolutely agree.

Let us proceed...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issues following the aftermath of these shootings is the focus on race. I really hate scrolling throughout the cesspool that is twitter, but one common theme from the outraged there (and on any social media platform) is to focus on the race of the shooter. It's not a matter of if, but when, an angry Latino, black, etc shoots up a majority white soft target, likely claiming it as an act of revenge for the people of color who were victims of the Christchurch, El Paso, etc shootings. How will the debate look then? My problem is that racializing and politicizing these events deflects away from what should be evaluated in an agenda-free manner: How do we stop mass shootings. When the eventual black or Latino shooter does his deed, the debate will devolve into, "See! Blacks and Latinos do it too! I bet you lefties were utterly disappointed when you found out the shooter's name was Jesus Ramirez," instead of continuing dialogue on how to stop this .

It'll just further entrench sides on a issue we need to work together to solve.
    That happens regardless. People still call BLM a terrorist group because of what happened in Dallas. We're still talking about the threat of illegal immigrant violence because of Kate Steinle's 2015 death.

I don't think "white terrorism" is the right language, but the undercurrent of white nationalism that has motivated so many of these shootings can't be ignored, especially not for the sake of bad faith actors who will trade in dishonesty regardless.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you were talking out your ass. Got it.
    Boiled down:::

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That happens regardless. People still call BLM a terrorist group because of what happened in Dallas. We're still talking about the threat of illegal immigrant violence because of Kate Steinle's 2015 death.

I don't think "white terrorism" is the right language, but the undercurrent of white nationalism that has motivated so many of these shootings can't be ignored, especially not for the sake of bad faith actors who will trade in dishonesty regardless.
    hhhaaaaaaaaarumph!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch: Profoundly racist and violent video that led to arrest of South Carolina teen who threatened to shoot up school

“A 16-year-old student was taken into custody on July 17 after

making racist comments and

threatening to ‘shoot up the school,’ according to the Richland County Sheriff’s Department,” WIS-TV reported.

“Authorities said the student was expelled form Cardinal Newman ( Catholic!) School after school officials discovered videos made by the student

where he made racist comments and pretended to shoot black people.

In the video, the student used real guns to shoot a box of Jordan shoes

saying he hated black people and

that ‘they are stinky.’”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/watch-profoundly-racist-and-violent-video-that-led-to-arrest-of-south-carolina-teen-who-threatened-to-shoot-up-school/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1008

Racism again is America's unshakeable, foundational "original sin" about which 10Ms, at least, of Americans are not
    repentant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

as funny as the Virgin vs Chad memes are, unfortunately the incels get in a negative feedback loop and believe that they are stuck in the "Virgin" stage due to factors outside of their control. Yes, female hypergamy is becoming more rampant and is a problem, but pretty much all incels could become 7/10 if they just hit the gym and took care of their diet/appearance. I used to feel bad for them, but a 7/10 today will still have success in the dating world even if they're not Chad.

The wealthy part can obviously be fixed as well. The incels are right, that they are generally useless pieces of in today's society, but they are wrong when they act like it can't be fixed if they want it to be. It just takes lots of effort.

EDIT: to add an additional thought, a lot of these shooters lack a real purpose so these events are usually manufactured as a "purpose" hence a Manifesto IMO. I think it was Jordan Peterson who mentioned it, but all young men need some kind of purpose in their lives. for directionless people like these, the outlet was the military but in today's information age and young men rightfully questioning the need to fight in bogus wars, that outlet is disappearing
    you're the expert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time for working together ended a while ago. This ends messy no matter what. They had their chances to work together and refused. em.
    One way we "can work together" with the republicans is for the dems to call out the republican focus on mental health care in the aftermath of these events. Dems should propose a 100 billion dollar mental health care budget and take the republicans to task if they block such funding. We either get one step in the right direction toward a solution or watch the republicans squirm in their hypocrisy.

I've personally seen the atrocious mental health care system in this country potentially enable a mass shooter (schizophrenic cousin tried to break into the gun safe. Aunt tried numerous times to have him committed to no avail). They'll never cede any gun control, but maybe they can cede on mental health care (also doubtful, but maybe...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show ya no in' hesitation.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One way we "can work together" with the republicans is for the dems to call out the republican focus on mental health care in the aftermath of these events. Dems should propose a 100 billion dollar mental health care budget and take the republicans to task if they block such funding. We either get one step in the right direction toward a solution or watch the republicans squirm in their hypocrisy.

I've personally seen the atrocious mental health care system in this country potentially enable a mass shooter (schizophrenic cousin tried to break into the gun safe. Aunt tried numerous times to have him committed to no avail). They'll never cede any gun control, but maybe they can cede on mental health care (also doubtful, but maybe...).
    I'll just bet you have, midst. tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    former CIA officer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - "I think you're sweet on old Billy the Kid."

- Sam Rockwell - "The Green Weiner"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    former CIA officer

Yeah, the CIA tried to overthrow this Presidency. They've nary room.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's acknowledge that every group of people has an in group ethnic bias besides white liberals.

Let's acknowledge that anti-white racism is growing significantly.

Let's acknowledge that a political party is advocating effective open borders.

Tbh this is all very predictable and will continue to get worse going forward.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let's acknowledge that every group of people has an in group ethnic bias besides white liberals.

Tell it, Nathan. Testify!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Then it looks like another civil war is on the horizon.
    "The tree of liberty requires fresh blood from it's patriots from time to time." Thomas Jefferson

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You haven't even acknowledged this act of domestic terrorism by whitey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You really can't will yourself to wealth if you lack certain fundamental traits (intelligence, both social and cognitive, creativity, athleticism, etc) and certain social advantages (connections, stable rearing environment). Sure, some can rise above these obstacles, but it's rare. I'm not saying submit to determinism, but don't feel "worthless" if the so-called American Dream didn't happen for you for whatever reasons. If the incel finds himself not up to the standards of "normie" society, find other things that can be fulfilling, even if that's collecting anime or beating videogames. The "nerds" of the past we're more confident in their eccentricity because, as you pointed out, such on-demand Internet based negative feedback loops didn't exist then. An angry nerd in the 80s or whatever would find his outlet by programming or writing fantasy stories. Now the incel/nerd goes onto 4chan or MGTOW and just marinates in all the "seething."

Bill Gates probably doesn't create Microsoft if he were born in 1997. He'd spend too much time seething about Chads and Normies on the typical outlets than working on creating something.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't even acknowledged this act of domestic terrorism by whitey.
    The thread is about the radicalization of white males. I've discussed the topic.

Thread Information