Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you understand how a society works?
    You're just an individual. Society is a conceptual construct. You don't get shot as a society.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hide in the concept of "we" because in reality you do nothing for "we" but you want to profit from "we".

When I mention "You" you default back to "we".

What will YOU do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just an individual. Society is a conceptual construct. You don't get shot as a society.
    The US Congress isn't a conceptual construct, it represents "us" and is vested with power to do the stuff Blake is talking about.

Why are you trying to turn a straight-forward current events/political conversation into one about diction and philosophy?

Blake is absolutely right to point out that "we", through our political representatives, have the power do something about things "we" care about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US Congress isn't a conceptual construct, it represents "us" and is vested with power to do the stuff Blake is talking about.

Why are you trying to turn a straight-forward current events/political conversation into one about diction and philosophy?

Blake is absolutely right to point out that "we", through our political representatives, have the power do something about things "we" care about.
    Blake isn't in congress.

Why do you folks get so defensive when you're separated from this nebulous school of fish called "society" and asked what are YOU going to do about it? You can answer "vote". That's acceptable if that's all YOU can do. Most military folks know that what individuals do is what makes teams work, not the other way around. This mysterious "We" that keeps getting mentioned is akin to the mysterious "they" who seems to keep holding everyone down. All you can do is what is in your power, and running your suck here doesn't move the needle. Same is true for me.

If you can just admit that you hope someone does something and you probably won't do anything because you're still in protest over losing the election, we can agree that you and Blake are not a threat to the status quo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake isn't in congress.

Why do you folks get so defensive when you're separated from this nebulous school of fish called "society" and asked what are YOU going to do about it? You can answer "vote". That's acceptable if that's all YOU can do. Most military folks know that what individuals do is what makes teams work, not the other way around. This mysterious "We" that keeps getting mentioned is akin to the mysterious "they" who seems to keep holding everyone down. All you can do is what is in your power, and running your suck here doesn't move the needle. Same is true for me.

If you can just admit that you hope someone does something and you probably won't do anything because you're still in protest over losing the election, we can agree that you and Blake are not a threat to the status quo.
    I'm not even going to try to untangle all the straw-manning and question begging there, but I will take issue with your assertion that "running the suck doesn't move the needle." The things "we" talk about do become part of the political agenda, they wouldn't if we didn't tbh.

Just talking is underrated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we", through our political representatives, have the power do something about things "we" care about.
    bull . Dem and Repugs vote for the preferences paid for by BigDonor.

Overall, Congress is much more conservative than the citizenry. Congress, both parties, thinks being conservative is their safe strategy.

So Congress is frozen, constipated, can't do , can't solve problems, can't advance society.

The political class is corrupt and a lost cause.

Watch the DNC, supposedly the party of the Have-Nots, kneecap progressive candidates, like Bernie was, in favor of establishment rightwingers like Kamala or Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, yes money rules everything until it is swept away by a violent revolution.

Btw, why are you wasting your time here with idle chit-chat?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But, so true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tired old [bs] line

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tired old [bs] line

It still gets your goat, Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still gets your goat, Blake.
    Spam gets my goat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spam gets my goat
    Your self indictment is long overdue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your self indictment is long overdue.
    That worthless, untrue spam gets my goat? K, guilty.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That worthless, untrue spam gets my goat? K, guilty.
    Practice what you preach, numbnuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Practice what you preach, numbnuts.
    Great, show me what untrue spam I've posted and I'll redact and apologize for it. If not, gfy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great, show me what untrue spam I've posted and I'll redact and apologize for it. If not, gfy.
    Don't lose that famous temper, Santino. You could end up on that causeway...as a doornail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even going to try to untangle all the straw-manning and question begging there, but I will take issue with your assertion that "running the suck doesn't move the needle." The things "we" talk about do become part of the political agenda, they wouldn't if we didn't tbh.

Just talking is underrated.
    Dismiss the difficult questions and then pretend you matter because you run your mouth online. Typical liberal bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dismiss the difficult questions and then pretend you matter because you run your mouth online. Typical liberal bull .
    You only had one question, namely, "what are you going to do?"

Writing/lobbying Congress and keeping whatever the topic of concern is visible by talking about it privately and publicly are things that anyone can do.

I'll concede talking isn't very much, but it's not nothing either. It's part of agenda setting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "difficult questions"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poignantly self-important grumpiness.

WHY ARE Y'ALL WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING ON A MESSAGE BOARD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You only had one question, namely, "what are you going to do?"

Writing/lobbying Congress and keeping whatever the topic of concern is visible by talking about it privately and publicly are things that anyone can do.

I'll concede talking isn't very much, but it's not nothing either. It's part of agenda setting.
    Again you don't answer what are YOU going to do. You only say what someone could do. Are you writing/lobbying congress?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am giving you benefit of doubt here, since the alternative is you're a coward.

A) Do something if you don't like the status quo
    B) If you won't do anything, why should anyone give 2 s about what you think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you don't answer what are YOU going to do. You only say what someone could do. Are you writing/lobbying congress?
    as if you care.

From time to time, I do all of those things. I also vote. I encourage others to register to vote. I talk about gun violence as a costly -- and largely avoidable -- public safety problem. Very occasionally I put my money where my mouth is and make a donation

Everyone does whatever he can or nothing at all. Not sure why you have a bug up your ass about it, but you're welcome to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly, you just seem to berate other posters for merely wanting to talk on a message board.

Weird pastime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am giving you benefit of doubt here, since the alternative is you're a coward.

A) Do something if you don't like the status quo
    B) If you won't do anything, why should anyone give 2 s about what you think?
    Oh look more false dilemmas from dmc.

I don't give a what you think.

Thread Information