Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did I lie about? Be specific.
    He's just informing his electorate that these people are supporting white nationalism and racism. No incitement though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have no idea. He could've posted his list a year ago. Why did he post it days after a mass shooting?
    I have no idea.

Why do you think, Darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at post #1 in this thread, sparky. Maybe your Stormfront RSS feed got you confused.
    My quote was more recent and Castro was specifically talking about that tweet. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was using your words. You really have trouble keeping up don't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Mitch McConnnell look like a turtle and Trump like a oversized slovenly oompah loompah?

And both look like wimps.
    Making fun of Mitch's bouts with polio. Stay classy there bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My quote was more recent and Castro was specifically talking about that tweet. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
    Except that your quote has nothing to do with the list of voters. It’s a crutch you brought in because the was no ‘incitement’ of anything. You then took your quote with the list of voters and made some up.

You still need to point out how Castro is ‘inciting’ anything, preferably without deflecting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How id polio make him look like a turtle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go bud (lmk if you need your binky too):

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) on Wednesday was pressed by MSNBC's Willie Geist after he used his Twitter account earlier in the week to identify a number of people who had made the maximum allowable donations to President Trump's campaign.

Geist said that the Trump donors “are undoubtedly already being harassed online or perhaps face-to-face in some cases" because of Castro's actions.

Castro, the brother of 2020 Democratic hopeful Julián Castro and chairman of his campaign, faced pushback on Tuesday from a number of conservatives for sharing the list of names. He said he published the names because he hopes that people “will think twice about contributing to [Trump's] campaign.”

“What I hope is that this has started a conversation about what exactly Donald Trump is doing with these people's money," Joaquin Castro explained. "And I hope donors in San Antonio and donors throughout the country, unless you support the white nationalism and the racism that Donald Trump is paying for and fueling, then I hope that you, as a person of good conscience, will think twice about contributing to his campaign.”

“Morning Joe” co-host Geist tried several times to get Castro to explain his position further.

“Congressman, as you look at this list — and you even put their addresses out there. It's easy to find them,” Geist said. “These people are undoubtedly already being harassed online or perhaps face to face in some cases, they could be.”

“What do you say to those people this morning when you say, 'I made a campaign donation and now I'm going to be harassed? I'm going to have people protesting outside my business or perhaps even my home?' What do you say to them? Do you want them to repent for their support of President Trump or what do you want from them?”

Castro said he does not want anyone “harassed or targeted” over the donations, but Geist quickly said “they will be because you put their names in public.”

“That was not my intention,” Castro replied. “These things are public. No, what I want is for people to think twice about supporting a guy who is fueling hate in this country.”

“It's public information," co-host Mika Brzezisnki attempted to interject.

Geist pushed back again later, pointing to Castro's comments that President Trump's rhetoric has led to violence.

“If you agree rhetoric can lead to incitement, even if it triggers one person to do something terrible, does it give you any pause to put these names out in public?" Geist asked.

"Well, Willie, they're already public, they're already out there," Castro responded.

"There are 11 retirees and one homemaker who are not public," Geist noted.

"And this was already circulating. I shared it, so I didn't create the graphic," Castro replied.

"Morning Joe" co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Brzezinski defended Castro earlier in the interview, with the latter arguing that Castro was only "reframing" public information.

"If you're proud of funding President Trump, you need to understand that that will be public information. And all you're doing is trying to explain what it is in terms of the policies or the morals that you are funding," Brzezinski said.

Geist is also the anchor "Sunday Today with Willie Geist."

Trump travels to Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, today after mass shootings in those cities rocked the nation last weekend.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ese-people-are
    You're welcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that your quote has nothing to do with the list of voters. It’s a crutch you brought in because the was no ‘incitement’ of anything. You then took your quote with the list of voters and made some up.

You still need to point out how Castro is ‘inciting’ anything, preferably without deflecting.
    Looks like my Thomas Paine quote was on point. You should stick to your copy pasta blockhead.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here you go bud (lmk if you need your binky too):

You're welcome.
    You realize you just illustrated how Trump caused the El Paso massacre.

Whatever you say, Chris.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going anywhere Chris... the whole trying to make it about me instead of the topic at hand deflection is just not going to work. Ask Dale.
    I'm just looking out for your well being.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was using your words. You really have trouble keeping up don't you?
    except I never said that. It was your terrible attempt at humor by conflating a quote with what I said. Lying to boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like my Thomas Paine quote was on point. You should stick to your copy pasta blockhead.
    did you read what you posted?

“What I hope is that this has started a conversation about what exactly Donald Trump is doing with these people's money," Joaquin Castro explained. "And I hope donors in San Antonio and donors throughout the country, unless you support the white nationalism and the racism that Donald Trump is paying for and fueling, then I hope that you, as a person of good conscience, will think twice about contributing to his campaign.”

Nothing to do with the list of voters in the OP. Your tiny brain just took a long sentence and parsed it for Twitter, obviously conflating everything in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's telling me. Now, back to the point at hand, how's that inciting? Are you going to defend your viewpoint?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just looking out for your well being.
    Unlike you, I'm fine. Never been better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you going to defend this, Chris?

He's just informing his electorate that these people are supporting white nationalism and racism. No incitement though.

Or it's back to Ryan Svedra?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for your service
    I did not even know he had polio.
    He does not look like turtle because he has bouts of polio.
    And Trump does look orange because he colors himself orange.
    Should I go into the classy Christian hater ya hypocritical heathen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CALLING OUT FASCIST DEMAGOGUERY INCITES WAR!

THE CALL OUT IS THE REAL AND OBVIOUS THREAT TO PUBLIC ORDER!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with publishing names that are public record. The problem is why he did it, what he's hoping to achieve, what message he's sending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't endorse this. I would be pissed if any politician broadcasted on twitter the name of family and friends of mine who donated the max to Trump. Yes, it's "public information," but Castro knows full well what he's doing and should be cogent enough that it's probably not the wisest idea to advertise Trump supporters when nerves and anger are at all time highs in the country, when it's very possible at this moment, someone on "our" side is planning something terrible as "revenge" for El Paso.

I get Castro's logic might be, "Know who has donated the max to Trump in your city. If they're business owners, boycott their establishments to send a message." I don't have a problem with that, and Castro could've sent such a message without naming names. What he did was ty and "flame fanning."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't endorse this. I would be pissed if any politician broadcasted on twitter the name of family and friends of mine who donated the max to Trump. Yes, it's "public information," but Castro knows full well what he's doing and should be cogent enough that it's probably not the wisest idea to advertise Trump supporters when nerves and anger are at all time highs in the country, when it's very possible at this moment, someone on "our" side is planning something terrible as "revenge" for El Paso.

I get Castro's logic might be, "Know who has donated the max to Trump in your city. If they're business owners, boycott their establishments to send a message." I don't have a problem with that, and Castro could've sent such a message without naming names. What he did was ty and "flame fanning."
    I just can't agree with this position, mid. It's not a matter of naivette, it's a matter of what we're normalizing. It shouldn't really matter who donates to who, how much, and ultimately, if somebody does care, it should take quite a stretch to escalate to harassment or even violence. That can't be the new normal.

If somebody does think that's an opportunity for harassment or violence, then we have a much bigger problem. And the issue is with those individuals, or ourselves as a society that allow that, not the availability of public info (or even arguing for abolishing public disclosure).

And Castro or somebody else should post a list of Democratic donors. It's in the best interest of the population to know whose money is flowing where.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think it was stupid given the timing. You can bet the other side will be doing this as soon as their faux outrage wears off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't agree with this position, mid. It's not a matter of naivette, it's a matter of what we're normalizing. It shouldn't really matter who donates to who, how much, and ultimately, if somebody does care, it should take quite a stretch to escalate to harassment or even violence. That can't be the new normal.

If somebody does think that's an opportunity for harassment or violence, then we have a much bigger problem. And the issue is with those individuals, or ourselves as a society that allow that, not the availability of public info (or even arguing for abolishing public disclosure).

And Castro or somebody else should post a list of Democratic donors. It's in the best interest of the population to know whose money is flowing where.
    So would you be comfortable if a Republican politician posted a family member's name of yours who donated to a left wing ideologue. Let's say this ideologue was president. He made a speech about how CEOs are greedy sociopaths who've ruined the country. He yammers on about CEOs and capitalists with the same rhetoric as Trump does with immigrants. This may or may not have inspired a mass shooter to kill a dozen people at some business conference. The Republican posted the list saying, contra Castro, "these are the people funding hate."

I don't think you'd be on board with that. And yes, people should know where the money is flowing, but they can freely find out themselves. Castro could've tweeted, "I encourage all voters to look up campaign donor lists, both republicans and democrats." But he didn't frame it like that, and we know why.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get both sides. But Trump has set the new barometer for political correctnes. Just watch his rallies and he's spewing nothing but hatred and strawmans towards immigrants and the left in general. Trump killed political correctness, now we got these brave women in Congress who are not politically afraid to go on the attack as well. Without Trump, there would not be "The Squad" or "Justice Democrats."

This is what years of neoliberalism and years of brainwashing by the media has gotten us - The divided States of America. Trump is a symptom, not the problem. He's the perfect scapegoat for Democrats to blame everything on. To me this is all distraction and political drama, I'll be honest I giggle at times wathing both sides go at it . But to the normies on both sides, these are chaotic times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you put your name on a political donation check, you need to be prepared for stuff like this. If you don't like it, make an anonymous donation.

That said, it's poor taste for Castro to call out private donors like that. It's sort of similar to me the way some asshole coaches call out their own players in front of the media for lousy play.

Thread Information