6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wondering what ya'll think. 2014 Spurs champ. vid. not received well on ST. Anyone think there is something worse?

I was watching the 2011 Mavs vid and it's not worse...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tangent: You could work out to this vid.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last good champions video was the 2000 Lakers. Surprised the NBA even put out two good le videos (99 and 00) after Jordan retired.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last good champions video was the 2000 Lakers. Surprised the NBA even put out two good le videos (99 and 00) after Jordan retired.
    I haven't seen all of them; but they do seem formulaic and often sanitized AF. For instance, they didn't show Barea getting slammed by Bynum. IIRC, they showed the Sampson/Sichting melee in the 86 C's video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen all of them; but they do seem formulaic and often sanitized AF. For instance, they didn't show Barea getting slammed by Bynum. IIRC, they showed the Sampson/Sichting melee in the 86 C's video.
    From 1984 to 2000 they were great. Really high production value and edited with all the big moments. 2001 and beyond they got second rate narrators and lazy editing that never really seemed to capture the moments. I'm still a little shocked the NBA put the money into making a first rate video for the Spurs 1999 le and that they then started cutting corners in 2001 right in the middle of the Lakers run. Everyone loved the 2003 DVD though since it had the 4th quarters from all four closeout games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked all of the Spurs DVD le videos except for 2014. For me it started going downhill once Ahmed Rashad became a narrator of the le videos. I didn't see the Lakers '09 or '10 DVD le videos but I have seen all the le DVD videos since '91 up until the '11 Mavs. They are all pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked all of the Spurs DVD le videos except for 2014. For me it started going downhill once Ahmed Rashad became a narrator of the le videos. I didn't see the Lakers '09 or '10 DVD le videos but I have seen all the le DVD videos since '91 up until the '11 Mavs. They are all pretty good.
    14 was surely the worst one. The fan-made videos were so much better.

I never even bought the 14 one. I didn't even pirate it after seeing how bad it was when someone posted it to youtube.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 was surely the worst one. The fan-made videos were so much better.

I never even bought the 14 one. I didn't even pirate it after seeing how bad it was when someone posted it to youtube.
    Same here. I watched it on youtube a week after it came out. It felt like a bad episode of the old show Inside Stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh 1995 was my favorite Spurs video. Sure we got waxed by Hakeem but the video of the season was awesome and still gets me pumped when I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here. I watched it on youtube a week after it came out. It felt like a bad episode of the old show Inside Stuff.
    I still remember seeing stacks of them at HEB for like two months and all I could think is naw man, I'm good every time I'd pass the display. Would be nice if they would have just put out a box set of all five games in 1080p.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 1984 to 2000 they were great. Really high production value and edited with all the big moments. 2001 and beyond they got second rate narrators and lazy editing that never really seemed to capture the moments. I'm still a little shocked the NBA put the money into making a first rate video for the Spurs 1999 le and that they then started cutting corners in 2001 right in the middle of the Lakers run. Everyone loved the 2003 DVD though since it had the 4th quarters from all four closeout games.
    The 2008 Celtics DVD comes with a DVD having the full game of each finals win. It's the only championship DVD that I own.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember seeing stacks of them at HEB for like two months and all I could think is naw man, I'm good every time I'd pass the display. Would be nice if they would have just put out a box set of all five games in 1080p.
    Should've hit up the 99 cent store. They were probably selling there for a buck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2013 one was better.

Both were on VCR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wondering what ya'll think. 2014 Spurs champ. vid. not received well on ST. Anyone think there is something worse?

I was watching the 2011 Mavs vid and it's not worse...

Better than anyone’s other 2014 NBA Champions video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching championship videos from the 81, 82 and 83 seasons on YouTube

Those were great because they didn't show broadcast footage, it was more like a sight and sounds presentation with good narration by Stockton

They also showed other playoff teams, not just the eventual Champions (more true for 82 and 83, but 81 is still good)

84-85-86 weren't too bad either

87 and onwards were too focused on the champions

The music tracks in those early 80s vidoes were dope tbh

Last edited by lefty; 04-21-2020 at 12:59 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching championship videos from the 81, 82 and 83 seasons on YouTube

Those were great because they didn't show broadcast footage, it was more like a sight and sounds presentation with good narration by Stockton

They also showed other playoff teams, not just the eventual Champions (more true for 82 and 83, but 81 is still good)

84-85-86 weren't too bad either

87 and onwards were too focused on the champions
    I agree. The macro focus was better, as was the more intimate video footage. It was just must higher production value in those respects.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Malone handed Earvin Johnson his lunch, so Stern had him shipped East and made him Bird's problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Malone handed Earvin Johnson his lunch, so Stern had him shipped East and made him Bird's problem.
    that's actually highly probable tbh

Edit : Stern wasn't the commish yet imo

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's actually highly probable tbh

Edit : Stern wasn't the commish yet imo
    I forgot. He was the deputy commish though. No doubt he was horsetrading even then.

I mean who trade an MVP caliber center the year after making the finals for only a role player and late first round pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot. He was the deputy commish though. No doubt he was horsetrading even then.

I mean who trade an MVP caliber center the year after making the finals for only a role player and late first round pick?
    Lol idk but that was weird

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was wierd was David Stern naming the Finals Trophy after Larry O'Brien the very year after he retired.
    Something not right about that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone won the 81-82 MVP in his final season with the Rockets. And then won the MVP in 82-83 in his first season with the Sixers. He had also won the MVP in 78-79.
    That's just su ious AF.

Thread Information