Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    cooper wasn't a diva or an at ude problem.

some of it was on carr, there were several examples where cooper was open down the field and carr wasn't looking in his direction. but he also seemed to be going through the motions a lot of the time here, like he just wasn't that into it.

cooper's skill set is similar-ish to antonio brown. both are very sharp route runners with good footwork, change of direction, short area quickness. cooper has better straight line speed imo. brown is much better at attacking the ball. cooper struggles with contested catches, which always made crabtree the more reliable third down target to catch a tough slant over the middle. coop seemed to struggle through contact. it also limits his application in the slot. with his quickness and shiftiness, he should be a weapon in the slot. but he struggles in traffic, which is why out of the slot be basically just ran deep routes to try to split the safeties or somethin.

he also had drop issues on and off throughout his tenure here. a lot of drops his rookie year, not so much his 2nd year, then they came back for a bit. its odd, because his hands were never a concern in college.

honestly i think cooper just needed a fresh start. he looked completely rejuvenated in dallas. unlike brown, i cant imagine cooper ever being a locker room problem. dude appears very humble and quiet all the time, by all accounts a hard worker and puts in a good practice.
    He looked great in Dallas last season. More so considering changing in midseason . I was aware of the drops in Oakland and it didn't make much sense other than like you said, he lost interest. I just couldn't figure out the lack of targets at times.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He looked great in Dallas last season. More so considering changing in midseason . I was aware of the drops in Oakland and it didn't make much sense other than like you said, he lost interest. I just couldn't figure out the lack of targets at times.
    i cant pretend to fully understand it either.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what was the deal with Cooper? Supposedly, he's one of the best at getting separation but there were games where he was only targeted once or twice.
    very simple, raiders suck.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Lost his guarantees because he's AB...and now he wants to be released.

https://deadspin.com/raiders-void-an...fin-1837952227

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    He has the emotional stability of Demar Derozan

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I think if you asked any 10 ST'ers what word they would use to describe Antonio Brown, at least 7 would say the same word.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    He gone

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Knowing today's NFL, he'll sign with the Patriots and magically turn into a model teammate.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont know what you guys are talking about, he really helped the culture here

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    but for real...

getting out of the guarantees is nice (there will be a grievance over it, but no way he wins that tbh), but still, the raiders have thrown away 3rd round picks for 2 straight years on receivers that didnt help the team at all

yeah those might not be franchise saving picks but that could be 2 solid starters on cheap deals for 4 years, or at the very least decent depth. lack of depth is what causes team to go for broke in free agency, and then not have enough money to retain the home grown talent.

now we go into a season where our starting outside WR's are going to be tyrell williams and JJ nelson. williams is decent, but not a go-to number 1. nelson is nice role player, but shouldnt be a full time starter. starting slot receiver is a 5th round rookie and starting TE is a guy who's had no real experience. brown was supposed to be the focus of the O and take pressure and coverage off all those guys. now its gonna be ugly

guess we takin jeudy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    but for real...

getting out of the guarantees is nice (there will be a grievance over it, but no way he wins that tbh), but still, the raiders have thrown away 3rd round picks for 2 straight years on receivers that didnt help the team at all

yeah those might not be franchise saving picks but that could be 2 solid starters on cheap deals for 4 years, or at the very least decent depth. lack of depth is what causes team to go for broke in free agency, and then not have enough money to retain the home grown talent.

now we go into a season where our starting outside WR's are going to be tyrell williams and JJ nelson. williams is decent, but not a go-to number 1. nelson is nice role player, but shouldnt be a full time starter. starting slot receiver is a 5th round rookie and starting TE is a guy who's had no real experience. brown was supposed to be the focus of the O and take pressure and coverage off all those guys. now its gonna be ugly

guess we takin jeudy
    I was gonna suggest GOAT wideout Dontrelle Inman but unfortunately he was signed by the Chargers.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    but for real...

guess we takin jeudy
    I think hindsight is going to show they simply should have cut bait on Carr.

And I mean way back.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I think hindsight is going to show they simply should have cut bait on Carr.

And I mean way back.
    Were they supposed to draft Rosen after 1 bad year after he hurt his back? Or take Haskins this year?

carr has disappointed last 2 seasons but far from the biggest problem

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Were they supposed to draft Rosen after 1 bad year after he hurt his back? Or take Haskins this year?

carr has disappointed last 2 seasons but far from the biggest problem
    Since his rookie year he’s had 2 pro bowl seasons then two down years

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Welcome to New England, Antonio

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Shocker tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    This dude Nephew'd the Raiders. He was stirring up intentionally to force his way out.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Knowing today's NFL, he'll sign with the Patriots and magically turn into a model teammate.
    This ty league is so predictable. Just give the Patriots the Lombardi now and get it over with.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    AB to fans everywhere: shouldn’t have been talkin

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    That was fast. Can he play tomorrow for the Pats?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That was fast. Can he play tomorrow for the Pats?
    no

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Embarrassing for Belichick

I'll stick with Bill Walsh. Thank you.

Thread Information