Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This story just comes off as weird to me..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...all-old-helmet

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Witten is pissed he cant wear Ol Betsy

What a ing pain in the ass this guy is

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Didn’t they guarantee some of his contract to facilitate the trade? Lol raiders

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Watch the Steelers still make the playoffs while the Raiders wait for this idiot to play

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why doesn't he just kneel in protest?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Watch the Steelers still make the playoffs while the Raiders wait for this idiot to play
    nah, steelers and raiders will both be 8-8

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Side note: this is why the patriots have been head and shoulders the best franchise in sports for the past 20 years.

They never build their team around diva skill players like Bell and Brown (or Zeke, etc). Even on occasion when they have a guy like that (Gordon? Moss?) they don't feature the guy as a central piece on the team and never hesitate to replace them if they start to become a distraction. They never let them hold their franchise hostage.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The NFL makes an exception for AB, that's a bad can of worms to open. Other players will sue for favoritism.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    they didnt make an exception. they said he has to change his helmet. he issued a statement saying he looks forward to rejoining the team

non issue

So many great receivers come out of small schools, there is a reason for that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

What a cheap ass. Dude offering his freebies instead of cash.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing give you a brown helmet.

You can tell it;s killing Gruden having to kiss ass like he's doing over this. It's very obvious he would love to...... a helmet get your ass in here, stop acting like some spoiled brat.

Imagine some rookie....have to miss practice coach, don't like this helmet. Yep, he's gone.

Bend over, I'll ing give you a brown helmet.
    Somebody once laughed at that silliness didn't they?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

What a cheap ass. Dude offering his freebies instead of cash.
    no kidding, all he’d need to do is offer 25k (maybe even less) to spark a scavenger hunt where thousands of twitter followers try desperately to get their hands on one.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    This guy is a huge got, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    This guy is a huge got, tbh.
    Indeed. I get that he was out with the foot thing... I'm not going to hold that against him. And I know it's not a lack of work ethic on his part, he's one of those guys that is always working out during the offseason. He and Trent Brown were constantly working during the offseason, which was nice to see from the 2 high paid newcomers. And supposedly he and Carr got a lot of work in even before OTAs and such.

But once his lack of participation went from being health related to this helmet thing... can't defend that. wtf kind of message does that send to the other players on their team who are busting their ass in the summer heat for camp, while he's staying away because of muh helmet.

but by all accounts, he's back for now after Mayock called him out

as has always been the case in the world of sports, if the guy performs during the season, this will be forgotten. if he gets off to a slow start, this is where people are (rightfully) going to point.

There is one thing that could happen which is good for AB. The Raiders are not the Steelers, they will be in come from behind all the time, yep....must pass. I know Carr isn't Big Ben, but Big Ben didn't have to play catch up as much either.

AB is one of the top 4 WR's all time in book, he is worth some BS. I have no doubts he's more about his stats than winning.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Indeed. I get that he was out with the foot thing... I'm not going to hold that against him. And I know it's not a lack of work ethic on his part, he's one of those guys that is always working out during the offseason. He and Trent Brown were constantly working during the offseason, which was nice to see from the 2 high paid newcomers. And supposedly he and Carr got a lot of work in even before OTAs and such.

But once his lack of participation went from being health related to this helmet thing... can't defend that. wtf kind of message does that send to the other players on their team who are busting their ass in the summer heat for camp, while he's staying away because of muh helmet.

but by all accounts, he's back for now after Mayock called him out

as has always been the case in the world of sports, if the guy performs during the season, this will be forgotten. if he gets off to a slow start, this is where people are (rightfully) going to point.
    If I were a Raider fan, I'd worry about how bad things might go if Carr isn't finding him as much as he thinks he deserves.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    If I were a Raider fan, I'd worry about how bad things might go if Carr isn't finding him as much as he thinks he deserves.
    I do worry. Last time the raiders had a big time diva WR it was randy moss, and we saw what happened there

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I do worry. Last time the raiders had a big time diva WR it was randy moss, and we saw what happened there
    I’d be OK with this having the same outcome that had

In b4 18-1 joke.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    what was the deal with Cooper? Supposedly, he's one of the best at getting separation but there were games where he was only targeted once or twice.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    what was the deal with Cooper? Supposedly, he's one of the best at getting separation but there were games where he was only targeted once or twice.
    cooper wasn't a diva or an at ude problem.

some of it was on carr, there were several examples where cooper was open down the field and carr wasn't looking in his direction. but he also seemed to be going through the motions a lot of the time here, like he just wasn't that into it.

cooper's skill set is similar-ish to antonio brown. both are very sharp route runners with good footwork, change of direction, short area quickness. cooper has better straight line speed imo. brown is much better at attacking the ball. cooper struggles with contested catches, which always made crabtree the more reliable third down target to catch a tough slant over the middle. coop seemed to struggle through contact. it also limits his application in the slot. with his quickness and shiftiness, he should be a weapon in the slot. but he struggles in traffic, which is why out of the slot be basically just ran deep routes to try to split the safeties or somethin.

he also had drop issues on and off throughout his tenure here. a lot of drops his rookie year, not so much his 2nd year, then they came back for a bit. its odd, because his hands were never a concern in college.

honestly i think cooper just needed a fresh start. he looked completely rejuvenated in dallas. unlike brown, i cant imagine cooper ever being a locker room problem. dude appears very humble and quiet all the time, by all accounts a hard worker and puts in a good practice.

Thread Information