Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    E-x-o-n-e-r-a-t-e-d-!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    E-x-o-n-e-r-a-t-e-d-!
    And the cheaters prosper. Who could've seen that coming?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Catching up on games. So, watching Liverpool-Brighton on Wed 7/8. Liverpool just sending up extreme high pressure. Brighton leaving all their guys up and trying to beat seven with backline four and a central mid and giving up two goals in under two minutes. SMH.

You either bring guys back or you kick the ball over the top. They act like the high pressure is an affront to their pride and try to pass through it like a drill with nothing on the line. And I'm watching and thinking damn, Brighton can get 5-3 any time they want it; Liverpool is being that ballsy.

Finally, they get some air on the passes and break out and the Liverpool centerback is so ballsy that he gambles and gives up a 2-0 break, but the Brighton player's touch got away from him and the keeper cleared the ball. Minutes later, same stuff. Brighton getting a 2-1 on a through ball but they f*ck it up by being a hair offside. Goal doesn't count. Even on defense, Liverpool mids barely getting back and Brighton getting numbers 2-1, 3-2 etc but f'ing up the execution. Could easily be 2-2 or even 3-2 or 4-2 going into halftime. Instead, the 0-2 deficit stands.

Too much pride by these gimpy teams thinking they have to beat the big six at their own game even though they don't have the athletes to do it but once in a blue moon when the breaks go their way and the mistakes are kept to a minimum.

Side note: This game could seriously get dirty in the second half. In the first half the ref has given no cards despite one play in which the Liverpool player jumped on a guys back midfield and got bodyslammed (but apparently not before throwing a sharp elbow to the bodyslammer; blood flowing down the side of his face). Maupay ing a Liverpool player attempting a trip. One or two other nefarious plays. And the latest one Liverpool karate chopping a Brighton player's back as a Liverpool player simultaneously clotheslines a Brighton player.

And a Brighton player has scored to make it 1-2 going into halftime if a cheap last minute goal is not given up here.

Too be honest, I haven't looked more forward to a second half this much all season. These could be the two most dirty teams in the league who are going into their locker rooms mad as .

One last thing, I can see why Liverpool is giving up a ton of goals against stronger compe ion (lost 0-5 to MC) after winning the table. Their strategy is arrogant. And if they don't get off on the front foot, they just crack.

BTW, w/o the crowd cuing the announcer in, the dude(s) calling this game are pretty oblivious to what's transpiring. You wouldn't think much of all this sh** going down by listening to their monotone calls.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Connoly for Brighton, the same idiot who was needlessly offside on a breakaway in the first half was needlessly offside for a breakaway in the second half. Two goals give up by that putz.

As for the rest of the second half, a Brighton player missed the target from about four feet away to tie the game up. Then later the Brighton goalie didn't cover the near post on a corner and Salah got the insurance goal. It was his only shot at scoring and the keeper just didn't slide his feet. Nor was the post covered in the first place.

Ref was consistently shi**y though. Brighton player tugged down to prevent a breakaway in daylight against the keeper and deny a scoring opportunity. No red car even in the 89th minute. Passive refs like this always annoy me.

I think this game would've been great with a crowd calling for Liverpool blood in the second half. Anti climactic nonetheless.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    And the cheaters prosper. Who could've seen that coming?
    I wonder if Bournemouth will give City a guard of honour for their biggest victory of the season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I wonder if Bournemouth will give City a guard of honour for their biggest victory of the season.
    Guard of honor?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Well done Brexit Burnley on ending Liverpool's record 24 game home winning streak. And just missed the game winner off the crossbar at the end to win it.

Good job by Sheffield United on manhandling Chelsea. It's a shame Man U on league welfare. They'd have a better shot at making Champions League.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    And Leeds local rivals hand them the promotion

They finished third last season, just one point out of the auto promotion IIRC.

You watching second division soccer? I don't even know where to watch that, tbh.
    ESPN LatAm has been showing Leeds games since Bielsa took over. They choked last season (only 1 point in the last 4 games) but Bielsa coached basically the same squad of the previous season that finished midtable so it was a huge improvement tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    And Leeds local rivals hand them the promotion

ESPN LatAm has been showing Leeds games since Bielsa took over. They choked last season (only 1 point in the last 4 games) but Bielsa coached basically the same squad of the previous season that finished midtable so it was a huge improvement tbh.
    Is that the same as ESPN Deportes, or is it something different? Not sure if I have that channel.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Great job stealing that point, South Hampton. Too bad Leicester self destructed against Bournemouth though.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Is that the same as ESPN Deportes, or is it something different? Not sure if I have that channel.
    I don't really know. Maybe you can check on ESPN Play.

BTW the third place team lost today so Leeds won the league.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    West Brom second team promoted. Nottingham choked really hard and miss playoffs.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Sorry. Won't be reading any comments 'til probably after the season (maybe about a week after)
    b/c I'm basically watching this season (every game) on tape delay and I don't want spoilers.
    Will post for wherever I'm at though.

Aston Villa fighting for relegation losing an important W on goal line tech.

And then South Hampton tying up their game against relegation rival Brighton.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    West Ham and Watford both at 34 points going into this one. Winner all but assures avoiding relegation.

WH stays hot and Watford continues to struggle...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Two red cards in the first half for Norwich. Still could've been a game were it not for the GK giving up a cheap goal and an own goal. Though I think Burnley would've pressed harder had it been tied in the second half.

Next up is South Hampton vs. Bournemouth.
    Bournemouth could effectively stave off elimination with a win.
    South Hampton was in that boat 'til Danny Ings heated up lately.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Ings called up to England / transferred to Tottenham if Harry Cane leaves.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    A tragic demise for Bournemouth. All but assured of relegation after having thought they salvaged that invaluable point.

Next up Kane vs. Varney. Should be a fun one.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Dirty Harry did Leicester dirty.
    Varney had a good chance, but he otherwise fell way short.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Wolves are the biggest overachievers for me this season, finishing top six.
    I think they may not finish top ten next season.

Crystal Palace with seven straight losses (2 GF, 17 GA).
    Sure, they struggled and have had hard luck; but the fans calling for Roy Hobson out are es.
    He's a really good coach.
    Zaha is acting like a China doll out there. Not sure I want to see him transfer to Tottenham.
    Ayew is a hot head. He doesn't instill confidence. CP should move on from him, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Wow. Aston Villa taking the lead on goal difference over Watford.
    Apparently, Arsenal eliminated from a Europa League spot; don't follow it, so I don't know what exactly that's about.
    Arsenal missing off the post late in the game for a shot at that.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    De Bruyne not winning player of the year award in England was a crime against nature.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    No free lunches for Man U as West Ham avoids relegation.

Frank Lampard gotta pay a price for not starting Wonder Boy. Don't know how many times I have to tell him.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Finished watching the Super Sunday games a few days ago. Just getting around to posting my thoughts...

Leicester losing mone e mono vs. MU for their second ever champions league birth. Disappointing.

Wonder Boy and Chelsea taking care of business against pretenders Wolverton. Expected.

Tottenham finishing strong to finish 6th in the table and in Europa League; good. Hopefully Harry stays and they return to Champions League form.

Ings and Shea Adams were a strong 1-2 combo to end the season for South Hampton. I only imagine Ings will move on though and Adams will suffer for it.

Great relegation battles. The first time I've ever followed something like that, not counting last year's token battle. Bournemouth did their job to win 3-1. And Waterord scored two unanswered but fell short. But Aston Villa with the clutch result to win the prize over those two. Apparently, that side has a payroll of $200 million and still faced relegation. Damn, big money on the line. MLS needs this system in place to spread soccer excitement.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Oh, damn. Wonder Boy got Chelsea out on the front foot and was about to give them the lead to start the second half when he went down with a hammy.
    That sucks. What a time to go down!

Thread Information