Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a DeRozan fan but some of y'all are seriously undervaluing him around the league. I guarantee he will be getting max offers as a FA next year
    Maybe, because there are a lot of poorly run teams in the league. I had hoped the Spurs were smarter than that

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i hate BR so not putting stock into this. but if true.

lmao at the posters on here who said they’d rather have ddr than westbrook.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he starts taking and making more 3s it honestly would make him a really good player (possibly elite) and I would definitely want to keep him but not for the max. I just know it’s a difficult road to be able to improve your 3 ball this late in the career especially if you’ve been someone who never liked taking them.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Hate that form but if it starts going in this year, Spurs are an entirely different team.

Good to see but i'm sure this guy knows he sucks at the three and probably practices it every year he just isnt good at it. But, i will see the prior two years before coming to SA he was average from distance. if he could just be average he would be so much better for us. 15% is laughably bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy crap how foolish. better not happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs will offer max but they are keeping all options open for now. Besides, I don't think they will say that they don't intend on keeping him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think for a minute that we won’t give you the ole KL treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate that form but if it starts going in this year, Spurs are an entirely different team.

He shot 38 and 43 percent from corner 3s his last two seasons with Toronto. Idk wtf happened this year with the Spurs. It could be as simple as he was the only one who could consistently get in the lane and create opportunities for others so he was never really in the corner 3 position that much. Also it could be fatigue from carrying the load too early in the season and his form (what little he had) went even more to bc of it. I have no clue.

But you gotta think that both DJ and White are going to be able to get to the rim and set him up nicely for some corner 3s and vice versa. Tbh our season comes down to Demar getting back to Toronto form from 3, DJ being able to hit the Bruce Bowen 3 as well as open top key 3s, AND White being able to hit off the bounce 3s from like everywhere. Not impossible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they need to resign him. no choice

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he starts taking and making more 3s it honestly would make him a really good player (possibly elite) and I would definitely want to keep him but not for the max. I just know it’s a difficult road to be able to improve your 3 ball this late in the career especially if you’ve been someone who never liked taking them.
    If he could shoot the three at a reasonable clip he'd be an easy max player despite being awful defensively. But with the way he shoots from range I feel it would be like asking DeAndre Jordan to become a good distance shooter.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs would be better off trading demar and patty for cp3 and andre roberson than giving ddr a max extension.

cp3 & gilgeous-alexander preferably, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be the ultimate proof that winning isn't the goal. No team with DD as one of their most important players will ever win a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a DeRozan fan but some of y'all are seriously undervaluing him around the league. I guarantee he will be getting max offers as a FA next year
    So what? He is a big time net negative, at least in Spurs context. Because others will, it doesn't mean we should give him a spot on the roster. No matter the contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich is secretly trying to destroy this franchise on his way out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the market is really similar for the two of them. Just talking about cap percentage alone, DMDR would need to get something around $90M/3 for it to be the same level of financial commitment. I don't know if I'd support a partially guaranteed year, and I'm not sure that really appeals to DeMar, who shouldn't be close to retirement in three years (unlike LMA who could retire in a year or two without anyone really be shocked). I think both sides would prefer the two years over that for various reasons.

I don't see the downside to giving DeRozan a smart extension that reflects his true value. He's not likely to lose any more value for a while now, so if he had a trade market this summer as an expiring, he will continue to have one after he gets locked up. I'd go so far as to say most of the teams that asked after him would probably feel much better about their potential offers if DeRozan got a couple of extra years on his deal. Maxing him out would be hard to take, especially right not and as an extension. But I'm not nearly as convinced as some that he won't be better than Murray, White and Walker for years and years to come. Move him if that turns out to be wrong, but keep him as long as it's true.
    You don't think the Spurs will get away with a 3 year 72mil offer like they did for LMA? Don't the Spurs see LMA is the star or at least equal with DD?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just saying that to keep his trade value high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they max him out now. This is probably so DePression keeps some ounce of motivation this season and doesn't kill himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never liked DDR game. That said, I would only offer him a contract that makes him expendable in the trade market giving him a more than decent financial assurance. The LMA contract comparison is more than adequate imho, considering that LMA has been an all star last year (DDR didn't) and in patfo eyes is still considered the first option. The extension range, for giving DDR the said financial assurance, have to be for three to four years. For mantaining his market trade value, must be in the 20 to max 25 millions per year range.
    Outside of that no way I would sign him...it comes to the fact that he still has one year left on his contract and not signing an extension he takes on his shoulders the risk to not have such a decent season like the last one...(and we could need his money for the DJM re-signing).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they max him out now. This is probably so DePression keeps some ounce of motivation this season and doesn't kill himself.
    Are you ing 12yrs old? People suffering from mental illness isnt a ing joke. That was rude an a thing to say. I feel sorry for some of you dudes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing 12yrs old? People suffering from mental illness isnt a ing joke. That was rude an a thing to say. I feel sorry for some of you dudes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Bleacher Report is a joke.
    2. It's better for the team and DDR if he believes that this is the case even if it may not be true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see but i'm sure this guy knows he sucks at the three and probably practices it every year he just isnt good at it. But, i will see the prior two years before coming to SA he was average from distance. if he could just be average he would be so much better for us. 15% is laughably bad
    He was a lot better at 3's before he came to the Spurs. Last year with Murray out and Popovich having to integrate so many moving parts, Demar's improvement at the 3 was last priority once the season started imo. His range should give him average to above average efficiency if he is "open" at the corner 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's not coming from MoSpur, I don't want to hear it tbqh fwiw imho

Thread Information