Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine the Spurs are trying to keep peace with Demarr's camp. He knows what he has to do to be an elite player, he is not on the level of Klay Thompson or James Harden. To get the MONEY in today's game, he has to be a 3pt shooter or forget it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    demar will never be “elite”.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen's actual value is closer to that of a Lou Williams than a true star like Kawhi or Harden. In fact, Lou's probably more valuable because of his ability to shoot the three ball. Any talk of maxing out Demar should be thrown out the window. He hasn't done anything in his career to justify anything more than Lou Williams type money. Accounting for the fact that Lou's currently underpaid, I think $15 million per year is more than fair for a career loser like Demar. If he doesn't like it, he can walk. Spurs are better off without Kmart Kobe in any case. No need to bend over backwards for a moron that refuses to update his game to the modern era.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen's actual value is closer to that of a Lou Williams than a true star like Kawhi or Harden. In fact, Lou's probably more valuable because of his ability to shoot the three ball. Any talk of maxing out Demar should be thrown out the window. He hasn't done anything in his career to justify anything more than Lou Williams type money. Accounting for the fact that Lou's currently underpaid, I think $15 million per year is more than fair for a career loser like Demar. If he doesn't like it, he can walk. Spurs are better off without Kmart Kobe in any case. No need to bend over backwards for a moron that refuses to update his game to the modern era.
    You're an idiot who knows jack about basketball. A career loser would be Anthony Davis who has never won jack but I doubt you would say he doesn't deserve the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot who knows jack about basketball. A career loser would be Anthony Davis who has never won jack but I doubt you would say he doesn't deserve the max.
    anthony Davis is like 5 years younger and is a PF. I think he’s 3pt% is actually higher than defrozan’s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok but is he or is he not a career loser?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a pretty decent sidekick to have with a couple of stars but in sorry he ain't worth near max player worth. Lmao if FO is really considering this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think they are going to give him the Max. Well I hope they aren’t anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing 12yrs old? People suffering from mental illness isnt a ing joke. That was rude an a thing to say. I feel sorry for some of you dudes.
    Totally agree with you! Some span fans are so mean. It's a disgrace for the decency of Span's tradition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should be 3 years or less (or 3 + team option) and under 30 million yearly if he can hit 3s. no to a 4 year max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think the Spurs will get away with a 3 year 72mil offer like they did for LMA? Don't the Spurs see LMA is the star or at least equal with DD?
    The cap goes up every year, so no 3/72 doesn't have the same value today as it did when LMA got it. Remember when Conley got his deal just a few years ago and everyone couldn't believe he was getting $30+ mill/yr? Now you have guys making close to $50 mill/yr.

Start looking at it as a percentage of a team's cap space, not the raw annual amount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving derozan a contract would be such a post big 3 spurs move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing 12yrs old? People suffering from mental illness isnt a ing joke. That was rude an a thing to say. I feel sorry for some of you dudes.
    I'm sorry. It won't happen again. That was unacceptable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is still a max player. I consider him top 50. The question is do you want him to be a max player on your team. We have so much young depth at guard, I don’t think it makes much sense right now. Kinda a sucky situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is still a max player. I consider him top 50. The question is do you want him to be a max player on your team. We have so much young depth at guard, I don’t think it makes much sense right now. Kind a a sucky situation.
    A veteran max player should be an elite player, if he's in the 30's or 40's then that means he isn't a max player. He's on the wrong side of 30 without a 3pt shot and poor defense, that means he's more likely to continue to drop on that list each season. I would hope that at PATFO lets him play the year out and let him walk unless he takes a team favorable short term deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A veteran max player should be an elite player, if he's in the 30's or 40's then that means he isn't a max player. He's on the wrong side of 30 without a 3pt shot and poor defense, that means he's more likely to continue to drop on that list each season. I would hope that at PATFO lets him play the year out and let him walk unless he takes a team favorable short term deal.
    #40 payroll player in the NBA signed a max salary deal under today’s salary cap.

Well I was wrong #40 is Aaron Gordon. He signed just under the max.
    Last edited by Dverde; 08-13-2019 at 06:28 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    move him to okc and be done with it.

cp3 & gilgeous-alexander, come on down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want to trade for him, I'm good with it, provided they come correct with their offer. Something like Ibaka, OG and a first for DeRozan and Metu. The Kawhi trade would essentially be two firsts, two prospects and an expiring. I doubt any side would actually want to do this, though.

Murray, Mills
    Forbes, White, Belinelli
    Anunoby, Gay, Walker, Johnson
    Ibaka, Carroll, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

If you can slide Walker in and Mills out, that's a pretty fast and versatile rotation. There's still a legit chance of missing the playoffs if the guards don't play well, but there's a chance of keeping a lot of that team together if it works out.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If they want to trade for him, I'm good with it, provided they come correct with their offer. Something like Ibaka, OG and a first for DeRozan and Metu.

you'll have to try harder than that.

ibaka, OG, and a first for demar and metu... wtf

masai wouldn't trade ibaka and OG for demar, metu, and two first round picks.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want to trade for him, I'm good with it, provided they come correct with their offer. Something like Ibaka, OG and a first for DeRozan and Metu. The Kawhi trade would essentially be two firsts, two prospects and an expiring. I doubt any side would actually want to do this, though.

Murray, Mills
    Forbes, White, Belinelli
    Anunoby, Gay, Walker, Johnson
    Ibaka, Carroll, Samanic
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

If you can slide Walker in and Mills out, that's a pretty fast and versatile rotation. There's still a legit chance of missing the playoffs if the guards don't play well, but there's a chance of keeping a lot of that team together if it works out.

So you're seeing White as a backup 2 guard, behind Forbes? And the most likely replacement for Mills at backup PG is LWIV?

I guess Derrick White has no business at the point in ChinookWorld.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    masai knows how much a loser demar is.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

+ two spurs first round draft picks & one second round draft pick.

cp3 / white
    murray / walker
    alexander / carroll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be surprised if the Spurs offered him the absolute max, in my own humble opinion, a DG kind of extension 4 year/100mi I would be fine with it. Especially if he improves his 3p%. Something that he has been working this summer.

Thread Information