Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep thinking those instagram highlight reels make IB better though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read someone said Murray is better than White in nearly every way.

Dude got the names mixed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read someone said Murray is better than White in nearly every way.

Dude got the names mixed up.
    That genova guy is a contrarian troll. I don't even respond to him seriously, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget how good Murray was becoming. And how he is younger than White. Gonna be a great fun backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget how good Murray was becoming. And how he is younger than White. Gonna be a great fun backcourt.
    Last thing we saw from Murray was him getting dog house treatment on the playoffs, despite being the "starting PG", tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reg Season: 8.1 PPG, 2.9 APG, 44.3 FG%, 26.5 3PT%
    Playoffs: 7.8 PPG, 1.8 APG, 45.2 FG%, 4/6 on 3PTers

Yeah, he was really on the cusp of of s om.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We saw the same thing with White in game 7 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray still has a chance to be the better player, but age really doesn't matter at this point. DeJounte having three years in the league would be more important than the age gap, but since DJM missed a season and might still be recovering, there's probably a reason to not believe Murray's performance this season will be definitive. But yeah, a guy like Wiggins still being really younger than White doesn't automatically give him a higher ceiling given the extra two years of NBA development Wiggins has had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reg Season: 8.1 PPG, 2.9 APG, 44.3 FG%, 26.5 3PT%
    Playoffs: 7.8 PPG, 1.8 APG, 45.2 FG%, 4/6 on 3PTers

Yeah, he was really on the cusp of of s om.
    You forgot his stl and blks. And White avg 5 extra minutes despite having almost no compe ion for his position. Murray shoved Parker and Mills to the side when he was 20. There are a lot of NBA players that are in the 'if only they could shoot' pile. If Murray can shoot, he doesn't just become a good player. He becomes an Allstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot his stl and blks. And White avg 5 extra minutes despite having almost no compe ion for his position. Murray shoved Parker and Mills to the side when he was 20. There are a lot of NBA players that are in the 'if only they could shoot' pile. If Murray can shoot, he doesn't just become a good player. He becomes an Allstar.
    Reg Season: 1.2 SPG, 0.4 BPG
    Playoffs: 1.0 SPG, 0.4

Yeah, you're right that steal and half a block really makes all the difference in the world.

You know being a good shooter doesn't just entail spotting up, right? IB is a long ways from all-star territory. He doesn't have stepbacks, pullups, , fadeaways, etc in his arsenal...mainly because he never had a shot to begin with. Let him show that he can at least spot up and play off of White before we even start considering anything else bruh.
    Last edited by FkLA; 08-10-2019 at 12:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, this is about Derrick White getting promoted and yet not a single "good for him" or "congrats" from the IB fans.

Goes to show you who the real playerfans are, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is still really young and missed an entire year of player development. I have no idea why people are saying he’s going to have better stats than White. He doesn’t have real chemistry yet with anybody so he’s not going to come out and lead the team in assists. Derrick has great rapport with LMA and Poetl which by itself should lead to 4 assists a game. Murray hasn’t proven he has any type of jumper while White has proven to have a midrange game. Also White will play more minutes to start off the year than Murray since Pop is guaranteed to take it easy on Murray in the first half of the season minutes wise. Maybe in the 2020-21 season there will be real compe ion in who the best PG is but this year it is undoubtedly White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, this is about Derrick White getting promoted and yet not a single "good for him" or "congrats" from the IB fans.

If you wanted it to be about Derrick White then perhaps you shouldn't have been such a ing insecure with the le, TBH. Not sure why y'all have to turn this into Manu and TP again. Just root for both to be successful. Not sure why you'd want anyting else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm lagging behind a bit here, but does White's making the senior team mean he's now likely to make the final team? Or is he still a long shot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep thinking those instagram highlight reels make IB better though.
    Nice to see you’ve fully rehabbed your jerk off hand in the off season Bernie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mills is the best PG

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't you enjoy the fact that the Spurs have both of these guys? It's not like they're never going to play together, so the minutes isn't even a real concern.

I predict that Murray and White are both going to be awesome next year, and they'll complement each other, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mills is the best PG
    Is this the new shtick son?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    save this thread for when bighead gets traded

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have 3 different type of opinions here when it comes to DJM and White and everyone is led to there opinions. My opinion is I believe DJM should start not because he is better than White but because it makes the most sense the way the team is currently constructed. DDR will have the ball in his hand a lot in that 1st unit and that would take away from White's strength if he was in the starting lineup with DDR. No way you play both DJM and White to start the game because that means you would have both Forbes and Patty in that 2nd unit and as we all know that's not Ideal. White is currently the best IQ make other players better PG that we have but fits better setting up Poeltl for easy around the basket buckets and Patty/Beli for wide open 3's which he wouldn't have the ball enough to be able to do that with the 1st unit. DJM works best with the 1st unit also because of his great rebounding to help LMA on the boards because Gay and Carroll aren't known to be great rebounders. The people who say DJM should start over White may not mean he's better just a better fit with the 1st unit, I fall in that group. The people who are straight out saying that DJM is better than White or vice versa are en led to there opinions but it really doesn't matter until we see them play this upcoming season. I believe they both are going to be pretty good players for the Spurs. Once LW4 is really ready and Quindary is ready to lead the 2nd unit at the PG position you will eventually see (in about 2 years) a starting lineup that could possibly look something like this:

DJM, White, LW4, Luka, Poeltl

Assuming DDR and LMA is gone. It will all play out in due time.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have 3 different type of opinions here when it comes to DJM and White and everyone is led to there opinions. My opinion is I believe DJM should start not because he is better than White but because it makes the most sense the way the team is currently constructed. DDR will have the ball in his hand a lot in that 1st unit and that would take away from White's strength if he was in the starting lineup with DDR. No way you play both DJM and White to start the game because that means you would have both Forbes and Patty in that 2nd unit and as we all know that's not Ideal. White is currently the best IQ make other players better PG that we have but fits better setting up Poeltl for easy around the basket buckets and Patty/Beli for wide open 3's which he wouldn't have the ball enough to be able to do that with the 1st unit. DJM works best with the 1st unit also because of his great rebounding to help LMA on the boards because Gay and Carroll aren't known to be great rebounders. The people who say DJM should start over White may not mean he's better just a better fit with the 1st unit, I fall in that group. The people who are straight out saying that DJM is better than White or vice versa are en led to there opinions but it really doesn't matter until we see them play this upcoming season. I believe they both are going to be pretty good players for the Spurs. Once LW4 is really ready and Quindary is ready to lead the 2nd unit at the PG position you will eventually see (in about 2 years) a starting lineup that could possibly look something like this:

agree that now with ddr in a roster murray is a better fit than white. But dont u think in this future line up murray is useless? Imo instead of him should be young 3&d player and white as a pg. Its more complete and versatile.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This conversation is almost identical to when many on this forum questioned if Leonard would be a star, let alone a superstar. Murray will star in this league and you will look foolish once again with your baseless takes. As far as White is concerned in order to be a star, you need to have a strong mental toughness and supreme confidence in your ability, which White hasn’t shown yet and Murray exudes it in spades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why not start with DDR, Forbes, Carroll/Gay, Gay/Lyles and LMA. DDR and LMA will be the main offense and the rest provides 3 pts shooting. White and Murray can dominate the second team on both sides of the court and builds up chemistry for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems kind of htpocrtical when you spend a lot of your time including the le of this post to goad these guys. Like you said let's just appreciate this achievement and be excited that we also have a young emerging pg in DJ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information