Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Trump gonna win because Pollo Loco is open and traffic jams have returned
    One thing is for damn sure, polls in June are a much better predictor of a presidential race than whether or not El Pollo Loco is able to sell all of its chicken before 7pm

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    TSA checkpoint numbers are actually a decent indicator of economic activity, and they show that the economy isn’t anywhere near where it was.

There were 2.4 million average daily passengers in May 2019, while the average for May 2020 was 277k. That’s up from the April 2020 average of 109k, so it’s possible we already hit the bottom, but it still means that air travel is literally 10% of what it was a year ago. You’d have to be a completely delusional Trump to think the economy is storming back at some amazing pace right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you can tell even the most ardent Trump supporters are feeling a little shaky about this whole thing.

Last night you had Darrin praying the protesters and looters would turn off voters and vote for Trump. And now you have rtm trying to justify this by saying are opening up y’all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA checkpoint numbers are actually a decent indicator of economic activity, and they show that the economy isn’t anywhere near where it was.

There were 2.4 million average daily passengers in May 2019, while the average for May 2020 was 277k. That’s up from the April 2020 average of 109k, so it’s possible we already hit the bottom, but it still means that air travel is literally 10% of what it was a year ago. You’d have to be a completely delusional Trump to think the economy is storming back at some amazing pace right now.
    Industrial glass supply companies will be making a killing for a while though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you can tell even the most ardent Trump supporters are feeling a little shaky about this whole thing.

Last night you had Darrin praying the protesters and looters would turn off voters and vote for Trump. And now you have rtm trying to justify this by saying are opening up y’all.
    You don't seem to have a very well tuned receiver. This is well known already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't seem to have a very well tuned receiver. This is well known already.
    Read the room, inspector gadget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the room, inspector gadget.
    OK Gandalf the Gay

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK Gandalf the Gay
    It's like you never grew up from the teenage phase.

50 years old and still trying to be funny with decades old .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, but how's Pollo Loco doing?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    New poll has Greenfield up 2 points on Ernst. Imo this is how the senate races should be classified as of now, with all the uncertainty there’s more undecided races than we typically see (bold means flipping from D to R):

Seats that have a 75%+ chance of flipping (unlikely to change without something extraordinary):
    Alabama
    Colorado

Seats that have a 55-74% chance of flipping (more likely than not but could still swing):
    Arizona
    Maine

Seats that have a 45-54% chance of flipping (toss ups):
    Montana
    North Carolina

Seats with a 25-44% chance of flipping (uphill battle but very much in play):
    Iowa
    Georgia (Special Election)

Seats with an 11-24% chance of flipping (unlikely but wouldn’t be crazy):
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan

Seats with a 1%-10% chance (complete dark horse but not impossible):
    South Carolina
    Minnesota
    New Hampshire
    Georgia (Purdue seat)
    Texas

Sears with a <1% chance:
    Everything else

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, Dems are nothing but placeholders until the next Repug autocrat is elected and, next time, an autocart smart enough to finish off America, into the oligarchy's unchallengeable Golden Goose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New poll has Greenfield up 2 points on Ernst. Imo this is how the senate races should be classified as of now, with all the uncertainty there’s more undecided races than we typically see (bold means flipping from D to R):

Seats that have a 75%+ chance of flipping (unlikely to change without something extraordinary):
    Alabama
    Colorado

Seats that have a 55-74% chance of flipping (more likely than not but could still swing):
    Arizona
    Maine

Seats that have a 45-54% chance of flipping (toss ups):
    Montana
    North Carolina

Seats with a 25-44% chance of flipping (uphill battle but very much in play):
    Iowa
    Georgia (Special Election)

Seats with an 11-24% chance of flipping (unlikely but wouldn’t be crazy):
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan

Seats with a 1%-10% chance (complete dark horse but not impossible):
    South Carolina
    Minnesota
    New Hampshire
    Georgia (Purdue seat)
    Texas

Sears with a <1% chance:
    Everything else
    So given this estimation, most likely outcome, given some tentative assumptions:

Republicans have 8 seats (7.8)
    Democrats have 6 seats (6.2)

Puts it at 50-50, with the VP making a whole load of deciding votes.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty incredible that we're even talking about the prospect of the Senate flipping considering how the map looked 2 or 3 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty incredible that we're even talking about the prospect of the Senate flipping considering how the map looked 2 or 3 years ago.
    Pains me to admit it, but Graham was right in his admission about the consequences of Trump's election.

the Republican party. RIP. Welcome to the Trump party, asshats, because that is what they have become.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty incredible that we'd need a wave election after 110k+ dead of a virus the president ignored for two months, 13.3% unemployment, and the suspension of the first amendment to just maybe get to 50/50 in the senate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty incredible that we'd need a wave election after 110k+ dead of a virus the president ignored for two months, 13.3% unemployment, and the suspension of the first amendment to just maybe get to 50/50 in the senate.
    One has to wonder how much this is getting baked in.

Trump’s Standing In The Polls Has Worsened
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/t...-has-worsened/
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

He is approaching a nadir of popularity a few months before the election.

The huge kicker is the generic ballot poll gap, 8.4% with momentum for a widening.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

The wider that gap, the larger the Democratic majority is in both houses, and it is a pretty clear bellweather for the executive branch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much what a wave election will look like, i.e. all toss up states going Democrat. Georgia as a toss up, along with Texas, should be worrysome to the Trump party.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much what a wave election will look like, i.e. all toss up states going Democrat. Georgia as a toss up, along with Texas, should be worrysome to the Trump party.
    Now adjust for voter suppresion

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yesterday’s polls had Greenfield up 3 points on Ernst and McGrath up 1 point on Cocaine Mitch. I still think the later is a pipe dream but the Greenfield/Ernst race is clearly in play.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You’re saying West Virginia is going to vote Republican come election time? This changes everything!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now adjust for voter suppresion
    That only goes so far. Fascist party has been doing that as long as they have had power in most places, taking over from the Democrats when the southern racists switched parties.

That is adjusted, in other words. A large enough wave will overwhelm even that. Think of the normal suppression efforts as akin to a dam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WV going Republican? Even boutons knows that.

You could be sitting around with your thumb up your ass.

Thread Information