Post Count
    Great article about the Massachusetts-01 primary race:

https://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts...095002780.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about Mass. Hope Kennedy loses.

Talk about someone running on name recognition alone.

"We need someone new that hasn't been in politics for over 40 years." Says the guy who is using his name to get by.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Talking about Mass. Hope Kennedy loses.

Talk about someone running on name recognition alone.

"We need someone new that hasn't been in politics for over 40 years." Says the guy who is using his name to get by.
    Markey's ad where he says "It's time you start asking what your country can do for you" as a jab against the Kennedys was the goods

I'd be really surprised if Kennedy wins. The only reliable voting block he has is low information Puerto Ricans who can be persuaded by superficial PAC advertising and uneducated micks in South Boston who see the name Kennedy and cream themselves.

The more important race is MA-01. As long as Richie Neal chairs the Ways and Means Committee, you can forget about reversing Trump's tax cuts or adding a public option to Obamacare. Neal is further to the right than most Republicans on healthcare cost regulation, but of course that stupid Pelosi endorsed him. Don't forget that Neal also intentionally dragged his feet on getting Trump's tax returns.

It'll be a big step for this country whenever Pelosi finally dies off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Markey has taken the lead for the first time.

Apparently, Kennedy has a massive lead with african american. If they turn out in huge numbers this might be closer than it needs to be.

From NYT
    Kennedy has actually built his lead among Black voters: He’s up by 54%-35% among nonwhite voters, according to a Suffolk U. poll. So we’ll see which groups turned out today.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Markey has taken the lead for the first time.

Apparently, Kennedy has a massive lead with african american. If they turn out in huge numbers this might be closer than it needs to be.

From NYT
    In other words, he's built his lead with uninformed chimpanzees who vote based off name recognition and nothing else.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also Vox has Markey up by a solid 5%, with a disproportionate amount of Springfield precincts reporting which we knew would heavily favor Kennedy.

I'd be surprised if the Markey Kennedy race is even close.

Still too early to till in the Morse Neal race. Need more reporting outside of Springfield first.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah Markey is going to win by double digits. Pelosi should feel re ed for endorsing Kennedy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Markey is going to win by double digits. Pelosi should feel re ed for endorsing Kennedy.
    Where are you following the results?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, he's built his lead with uninformed chimpanzees who vote based off name recognition and nothing else.
    That little is getting his teeth kicked in now.

Markey up by nearly 20k now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Where are you following the results?
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ion=Navigation

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/1/2140348...ey-joe-kennedy

I'm following NYtimes more closely since Vox seems to be lagging behind them so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh Morse is getting ing wrecked

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Markey getting 80% of the vote in Cambridge....people who are smart really don't like Kennedy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ugh Morse is getting ing wrecked
    It's still too early and all the results are coming from Springfield so far, everyone knew he'd get demolished there. It's where all of Neal's political connections and minority voters are. We need more results from the Berkshires before writing him off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasserman and political polls are calling it for Markey.

I’d be taking names if I was Markey. He’s been there forever and you had the establishment go against him in favor of Kennedy. I’m disappointed in Beto for even getting involved in this race.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah it's going to be tough for Morse at this point, and you might as well call the race for Markey now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , NY Times calls the race for Neal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vox is ahead of nyt on their count right now. they called it for neal. gap tightened a bit between markey and kennedy

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Democratic party should dump minorities and let cops kill them off in droves. Literally every progressive candidate gets stymied by them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Democratic party should dump minorities and let cops kill them off in droves. Literally every progressive candidate gets stymied by them.
    oh, ok

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Am I wrong? Minorities regularly support the Democrat who's policies them over.

It's no different than votingrepublican.jpeg if we're being honest, no one calls it out though because that would be racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I wrong? Minorities regularly support the Democrat who's policies them over.

It's no different than votingrepublican.jpeg if we're being honest, no one calls it out though because that would be racist.
    yes you are wrong about saying democrats should dump the minority vote and let them get killed off in droves

even the "moderate dem" block, while maybe not an ally during the primaries, is still critical to keep republicans out of office as much as possible

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yes you are wrong about saying democrats should dump the minority vote and let them get killed off in droves

even the "moderate dem" block, while maybe not an ally during the primaries, is still critical to keep republicans out of office as much as possible
    If that's what's required for healthcare reform, so be it. As long as Neal chairs the Ways and Means Committee, we're not going to see any reform that address healthcare costs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did Kennedy get destroyed then?

Progressives just need to nibble at them for now. Cant expect to get all of them when for example black voters are way too entrenched with the stablishment so it takes some doing to rip them apart. Even Bernie who is arguably the most charmful, most likeable politician in a long long time couldn't even get 20% of the black vote.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Why did Kennedy get destroyed then?

Progressives just need to neeble at them for now. Cant expect to get all of them when for example black voters are way too entrenched with the stablishment so it takes some doing to rip them apart. Even Bernie who is arguably the most charmful, most likeable politician in a long long time couldn't even get 20% of the black vote.
    Because it was a statewide race with Kennedy. If he were just running Springfield he would have beat Markey. He ran up the score with educated white people who are capable of thinking beyond "muh " and "muh mutha a".

If the black community being mired in poverty, crack addiction, harsh prison sentencing, and wrongful police killings doesn't get them to consider that maybe there's a change that's needed, I'm not sure what will.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well they were never voting for Morse because the black community is still phobic AF
    In this particular case it was Puerto Ricans, but to you're point they hate gay people as much as bible thumping evangelicals do.

Thread Information