Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO do you really think the Chrises and Darrin's of Texas are going to allowed a Democrats in there? They'd put Roy Moore in there if it came to that.

Something even Alabama couldn't stomach to do. lol

You're stereotyping the entire state. Texas is becoming what California once was before it went down the can, the Republican population is being overtaken by educated migrants moving into a booming state economy. Smarter people live there and they might "allowed" it in future elections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s one of these alleged ‘waves’ prognosticate before every election, even though we’re all aware the odds are generally remote. Better to temper expectations, and be realistic.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There’s one of these alleged ‘waves’ prognosticate before every election, even though we’re all aware the odds are generally remote. Better to temper expectations, and be realistic.
    Especially after the old man threw Clinton down a flight of stairs & wrecked her .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially after the old man threw Clinton down a flight of stairs & wrecked her .
    That's Fredo's .

Get your own .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's Fredo's .

Get your own .
    CC threatened it, the old man actually did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC threatened it, the old man actually did it.
    FBI arrests Ohio teen for online threats and finds 25 firearms, 10,000 rounds of ammo

Aug. 14, 2019, 1:09 AM GMT+2By David K. Li
    The FBI arrested an 18-year-old from Ohio for making online threats — including against the federal government and Planned Parenthood — and found a large cache of weapons, authorities said.

When agents raided the Boardman, Ohio, house where Justin Olsen was living they recovered 15 rifles, 10 semi-automatic pistols and roughly 10,000 rounds of ammunition, according to a criminal complaint written by FBI Special Agent Themistocles Tsarnas and seen by NBC News.

Olsen, who wrote under the name "ArmyOfChrist," was charged Monday with one count of threatening to assault a federal law enforcement officer.
    "ArmyOfChrist discussed supporting mass shootings, and assault and/or targeting of Planned Parenthood," according to Tsarnas.

Assistant Mahoning County Prosecutor Michael McBride decided authorities had to act swiftly on the threats in the wake of the recent mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, NBC affiliate WFMJ reports.

The case against Olsen began earlier this year when FBI agents in Anchorage, Alaska, working in a chat room called "iFunny," found a user named ArmyOfChrist making threatening comments.

That user wrote online that he supported the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 and the shootings of ATF agents at the siege of the Branch Davidians compound in Waco, Texas, in 1993.

" even the Oklahoma City bombing shows that armed resistance is a viable method of political change. There is no legal solution," ArmyofChrist wrote on Aug. 6, according to the complaint. "In conclusion, shoot every federal agent on sight."

Agents raided his place of residence, described in the complaint as his father's home, on Aug. 7 and found a large number of guns and bullets throughout the house and in a gun vault in Olsen's room.
    Sounds like your offspring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When agents raided the Boardman, Ohio, house where Justin Olsen was living they recovered 15 rifles, 10 semi-automatic pistols and roughly 10,000 rounds of ammunition, according to a criminal complaint written by FBI Special Agent Themistocles Tsarnas and seen by NBC News.
    Pretty tame numbers. He needs to work on it some more...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds like your offspring
    & yet Madonner, in broad daylight threatens to blow up the WH & the F.B.I. lifts nary a finger.

Just shows ta go ya.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...& absolutely nothing illegal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & yet Madonner, in broad daylight threatens to blow up the WH & the F.B.I. lifts nary a finger.

Just shows ta go ya.
    Tell us more about your affinity for Koresh and McVeigh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC with another vacuous attempt at a personal insult just proving he has zero to say about any actual topic.
    What do you think? Be specific.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's pretty pedestrian among some circles.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tell us more about your affinity for Koresh and McVeigh
    They thought they was walkin' away from that.

They were wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.npr.org/2019/08/15/75136...nnable-in-2020

Trump campaign looking to expand the battleground states, building infrastructure in a few normally blue states. New Mexico, Nevada and New Hampshire

A bit more here, if you don't want or can't listen to the above piece:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...on-map-1352437

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    https://www.npr.org/2019/08/15/75136...nnable-in-2020

Trump campaign looking to expand the battleground states, building infrastructure in a few normally blue states. New Mexico, Nevada and New Hampshire

A bit more here, if you don't want or can't listen to the above piece:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...on-map-1352437
    We've been trying to move into NV. & NM. for decades & it keeps moving away from us. He's got the money though and perhaps it's a diversion to make the Dems defend those blue states,,,keep them out of AZ. & TX..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will, just like the Woodstock era / Hippie boomer / Vietnam protest / Early feminism radical left wing generation abandoned the left in droves by the end of the 70s.
    Not really how it works. Voters tend to be more conservative as they age, but party iden y is remarkably sticky.

The Southern Strategy of appealing to racists had as much to do with the Republican surge as anything, and we are seeing the after effects of that today, Spencer, Duke, King, et al.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...g-old-politics

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ins-at-age-18/

https://theconversation.com/hard-evi...with-age-47910

But making the case to older voters for Democrats is super easy. Most have not saved enough for retirement so are hugely dependent on Social Security.

Republicans run on gutting these programs entirely.

The script writes itself. Trump swore up and down he wouldn't touch SS or Medicare, and broke that promise when the Republican controlled congress presented him with the first opportunity to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been trying to move into NV. & NM. for decades & it keeps moving away from us. He's got the money though and perhaps it's a diversion to make the Dems defend those blue states,,,keep them out of AZ. & TX..
    We are already in Texas, as the article in the OP notes.

The organization and experience we built in 2018 will be the starting point for our 2020 efforts, so we are a couple of steps ahead of where we were organizationally then. I can speak from first-hand experience in one of the counties that flipped our state rep in Austin.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We are already in Texas, as the article in the OP notes.

The organization and experience we built in 2018 will be the starting point for our 2020 efforts, so we are a couple of steps ahead of where we were organizationally then. I can speak from first-hand experience in one of the counties that flipped our state rep in Austin.
    I know that. He's trying to re that entrenchment though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They thought they was walkin' away from that.

They were wrong.
    Is "they" your heroes, or government agents who's deaths you celebrate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waves are not predicted in every election. There are always some cheerleaders on both sides doing that, but the data rarely backs that up. A interesting topic to be sure though, hence the thread le.

Last election was predicted to be a wave year, and it was not quite by most analysis, with RCP being about par for what I read, i.e. a GOOD year, but not a full wave:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ve_138677.html

Second terms rarely see any president win MORE votes/states than they did in the first term, and Trump is decidedly less popular than he was in 2016. 2020 will see a highly energized, organized opposition as well.

Still way too far out to really call, other than fivethirtyeights generic ballot, which is a pretty fair predictor:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-ballot-polls/

The last election saw an eight point lead with attendant results, and that lead was pretty consistent.
    Currently running D+6, with the caveat that is is very, very early, and very few polls have yet to be done, so there is a lot of variability.

My guess is that turnout will be vastly higher than 2016, and that will not favor the GOP, and make a true 1:1 comparison to 2018 a bit harder. Trump will be on the ballot, for good or ill.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is "they" your heroes, or government agents who's deaths you celebrate?
    Asked & answered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that. He's trying to re that entrenchment though.
    re ... your word not mine, but yeah I would describe Trumps campaign that way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    re ... your word not mine, but yeah I would describe Trumps campaign that way.
    I hoped, but, I feared you'd stoop at that term. Act like somebody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asked & answered.
    I can only assume your being obtuse about your affinity and past praise of your heroes Koresh, McVeigh, and Nichols et al is due to a dude with your exact same rhetoric getting snatched by the Feds for it.

Thread Information