Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1616
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re right. Biden is not winning the popular vote by 9 or 10 points.

He will though win the necessary states to carry over the 270 he needs.
    Doubtful

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Idiotic pay the Lincoln project hasn't been with Biden to get something from Biden they want their seats back at the Republican table and by being anti Trump they can jump to the front of the line
    They Lincoln Project guys even said they'd be backing Bernie if he was the candidate simply because Bernie respects America and Trump doesn't. Whether or not that's actually true about them backing Bernie, it means Biden doesn't owe them .

My bigger concern is the waive of endorsements Biden has gotten from ex-military/national security officials. Biden has been completely silent on how neoconservative his foreign policy is going to be, and I'd be surprised if that wasn't by design.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the ACB comments (those were from awhile back too, before she refused to answer any questions in committee hearings). He's trying to stave off the evangelical rage that happened in 2018 after they went after Kavanaugh, and it's even more fragile when ACB is a woman.

Ron Klain is an infinitely better Chief of Staff than Rahm Emanuel, so I'm reserving judgment for the rest of his cabinet. If he picks Andrew Yang as his secretary of labor I'll be satisfied.
    I’m not really content with that list full of republicans myself. But I’m also not going to make a big deal out of it just yet. Try winning the election first.

Ultra progressives are so short sighted and so quick on the draw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. And then carry all other Hillary states.

All looks good.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m not really content with that list full of republicans myself. But I’m also not going to make a big deal out of it just yet. Try winning the election first.

Ultra progressives are so short sighted and so quick on the draw.
    I know Bernie is a pussy, but I don't think he'd be campaigning this aggressively for Biden if he thought Biden would be picking a cabinet of GOPers. He would just be giving Biden the same lukewarm campaign help he gave Killary in 2016.

Keep in mind, in 2013, the Republicans in the senate were filibustering all of Obama's cabinet appointments. They even filibustered Chuck Hagel (a lifelong Republican). The reason Harry Reid nuked the filibuster on cabinet appointments is because Obama legit wouldn't have had a cabinet if he didn't do that.

I point this out because in a scenario where Biden wins but the GOP holds the senate, he's going to need to have a lot of GOP cabinet appointments, because you can bet McConnell will fight tooth and nail against any left leaning cabinet pick. It makes sense that Biden is preparing for that.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They Lincoln Project guys even said they'd be backing Bernie if he was the candidate simply because Bernie respects America and Trump doesn't. Whether or not that's actually true about them backing Bernie, it means Biden doesn't owe them .

My bigger concern is the waive of endorsements Biden has gotten from ex-military/national security officials. Biden has been completely silent on how neoconservative his foreign policy is going to be, and I'd be surprised if that wasn't by design.
    He bombed an Iranian general on allied soil to make himself feel good, it's possible the ex military national security officials don't want anymore escalation and recognize how bat crazy he is

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Lincoln Project has a massive amount of money now, and you better believe in 2024 they will dump it all into efforts to get Hawley or Cotton elected.
    I thought that but I'm not sure anymore. Hawley and Cotton are both Trump style populist conservatives, and the Lincoln Project guys are more GWB style pro-immigration/free market conservatives. They definitely plan to go back to the GOP at some point but they seem bent on burning this version of the GOP to the ground first. Steve Schmidt in particular.

The nevertrumpers who are going to go right back to the GOP in 2024 are guys like John Bolton who are aiming for a Biden win but a GOP senate majority. That way Biden is a lame duck and it's an easy path for the 2024 Republican.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that but I'm not sure anymore. Hawley and Cotton are both Trump style populist conservatives, and the Lincoln Project guys are more GWB style pro-immigration/free market conservatives. They definitely plan to go back to the GOP at some point but they seem bent on burning this version of the GOP to the ground first. Steve Schmidt in particular.

The nevertrumpers who are going to go right back to the GOP in 2024 are guys like John Bolton who are aiming for a Biden win but a GOP senate majority. That way Biden is a lame duck and it's an easy path for the 2024 Republican.
    If it's Kamala in 2024, Republicans are the front runners

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My pick for 2024 is Andrew Yang, especially if Biden makes him secretary of labor.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hawley and Cotton have the IQ and savvy to appeal to the Trump s while speaking in intelligent, coherent sentences to win over the NeverTrumpers.

The Lincoln Project is not in this to help the Democrats, the Dems are just useful idiots to them. Getting Trump out is all they need.
    Hawley/Cotton won't want anything to do with the Lincoln Project the same way Trump didn't, that's why I think they might not go back home yet. They're not going to go back home for a presidential candidate who's not willing to give them a seat at the table.

Hawley/Cotton are smart but they're still extreme as and ideology different from Rick Wilson/Steve Schmidt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh

Hopefully if republicans lose the senate along with the presidency, they will be in rebuild mode for the next couple of cycles.

And while she wouldn’t exactly be the in bent per se, we have already seen how much it helps being at the top of the ticket. This got Trump, as toxic as he is has somewhat of a small path to victory still.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is what I mean. The Lincoln Project is already talking about Hawley's inevitable "Trump, but smart!" run in 2024.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I mean. The Lincoln Project is already talking about Hawley's inevitable "Trump, but smart!" run in 2024.

Guy looks like he’s 15.

Reminds me of the House of Cards Republican in season 4 I think.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Guy looks like he’s 15.

Reminds me of the House of Cards Republican in season 4 I think.
    He's the GOP's new chosen one ever since Tom Cotton wrote his authoritarian OpEd in the Times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some here should be careful what they wish for. Kaisch or Flake being talked about on the Cabinet? - lol. Conservatives might end up more pleased with a Biden presidency than the libs here :-)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what will they about when they voted him in - lol :-)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. And then carry all other Hillary states.

All looks good.
    You need to recheck your math.

Trump will win with any one of those three.

Oh, damn. Tranny going to go into a deep depression now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Some here should be careful what they wish for. Kaisch or Flake being talked about on the Cabinet? - lol. Conservatives might end up more pleased with a Biden presidency than the libs here :-)
    Obama had a cabinet full of centrists and conservatives but it didn't stop conservatives from hating him and calling him a communist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Trump doesn't ring...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re right. Biden is not winning the popular vote by 9 or 10 points.

He will though win the necessary states to carry over the 270 he needs.
    I think it will be about that margin. Too many polls converging on that range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to recheck your math.

Trump will win with any one of those three.

Oh, damn. Tranny going to go into a deep depression now.

Trump is on course to lose states he won last time. Red states.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is on course to lose states he won last time. Red states.
    He won't lose any non rust belt states he won last time.

Someone better put you on suicide watch on election night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama had a cabinet full of centrists and conservatives but it didn't stop conservatives from hating him and calling him a communist.
    Ahhh, but we didn't vote him in.

If Biden grows a spine and relies on his natural instincts, his presidency might not be all that bad. He's the old fashioned type who (like Lindsey Graham) would accept (and be vilified for) a kiss from the other side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't lose any non rust belt states he won last time.

Someone better put you on suicide watch on election night.
    Or you

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name the non rust belt states Trump won last time that he'll lose.

Thread Information