Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shouldn’t waste any money campaigning in Texas beyond ensuring they don’t lose house seats. It’s an expensive state to campaign in and if the Texas senate race is winnable it means the Iowa, Montana, and Kansas (If Kobauch wins the primary) races are a lot more winnable and where the campaign money should go.
    I think that is going to be where the calculation ends up. The saw though is "Texas isn't red, it is just a non-voting state".

Dunno. Myself and my fellow Democrats are building on 2018. The party came back to life, and the infrastructure is still there, and functioning. Whether or not national spends money here, I will, as will my fellow Dems. It will be made a lot harder by the suppression efforts as well as by the lockdown/pandemic. Sucks.

Sucks is we will still have four more years of ing Ted Cruz. If we pull it off this time around, without the help from national... we will get those resources next time around. Wishful thinking on my part admittedly.

No one I know is giving up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether or not they’re worse than NY when NY was at the height of the crisis, NY had less than 10 deaths everyday for the last 3 days. Florida has had 233 deaths during that time. There’s no excuse for why NY has been able to completely mitigate the crisis while it’s only getting worse in Florida
    One can hope this will change a lot of voters' calculus. As dismayed as I am about how bad Republican policymaking has been on this, the silver lining is that is a very easy issue to run on this fall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Getting laughable now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Jim Crow Joe wasting money on a stupid campaign ad dedicated to Texas.

The DNC is so ing incompetent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Going for the mandate like Hillary did

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Going for the mandate like Hillary did
    He’ll get as many electoral colleges from Texas as she did too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aren't they playing with house money anyway? They're outraising Trump's machine.

I think as long as they are seeing polls showing them up there they will waste the money.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Aren't they playing with house money anyway? They're outraising Trump's machine.

I think as long as they are seeing polls showing them up there they will waste the money.
    It’s still ing re ed. A dollar they spend in Texas is a dollar they could be spending in a state like Montana where it’s a lot cheaper to campaign and there’s a winnable senate race.

Even if Biden can win Texas Cornyn isn’t losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They put in a moderate ad buy, but no big expenditure. It is a sop to the Texas Dems, who contribute a pretty good chunk of collective change to the DNC, with the alternative being zero and pissing us off.

2016 proves you don't win if you don't play. I don't expect to see any huge effort on their part, but seems about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s still ing re ed. A dollar they spend in Texas is a dollar they could be spending in a state like Montana where it’s a lot cheaper to campaign and there’s a winnable senate race.

Even if Biden can win Texas Cornyn isn’t losing.
    38>3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden builds 5-point lead over Trump in Texas

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-in-texas-poll

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That’s oversimplified and stupid. Montana has as many senators as Texas does, and Biden doesn’t need Texas to win. In any scenario where Texas is a swing state, Biden wins in a landslide.

Republicans have disproportionate power because they actually campaign in flyover states while Democrats focus on sensationalism and stupid like make Texas blue!!!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They put in a moderate ad buy, but no big expenditure. It is a sop to the Texas Dems, who contribute a pretty good chunk of collective change to the DNC, with the alternative being zero and pissing us off.

2016 proves you don't win if you don't play. I don't expect to see any huge effort on their part, but seems about right.
    Texas Dems are babies if that’s the case. There are plenty of California Republicans who contribute to national races, and none of them expect the GOP to waste money campaigning in California.

You have temporal lobe damage if you think that needing to campaign in Texas is somehow a lesson learned from 2016 - Hillary lost because she was spending money in Texas and Georgia instead of making sure the blue wall would hold up.

Biden winning isn’t going to matter if Mitch McConnell is still senate majority leader and has the ability to stop anything from going to the floor, and it’s pretty clear that’s what he’ll do regardless of how much Biden wins by.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Texas Dems are babies if that’s the case. There are plenty of California Republicans who contribute to national races, and none of them expect the GOP to waste money campaigning in California.

You have temporal lobe damage if you think that needing to campaign in Texas is somehow a lesson learned from 2016 - Hillary lost because she was spending money in Texas and Georgia instead of making sure the blue wall would hold up.

Biden winning isn’t going to matter if Mitch McConnell is still senate majority leader and has the ability to stop anything from going to the floor, and it’s pretty clear that’s what he’ll do regardless of how much Biden wins by.
    They need to teach the absolute failure of the Hillary campaign in political science classes from now on.

Ignoring Michigan and Wisconsin so you can go to a church in South Carolina and talk about loving hot sauce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s oversimplified and stupid. Montana has as many senators as Texas does, and Biden doesn’t need Texas to win. In any scenario where Texas is a swing state, Biden wins in a landslide.

Republicans have disproportionate power because they actually campaign in flyover states while Democrats focus on sensationalism and stupid like make Texas blue!!!
    First is truth, second is ironically oversimplified and stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Biden campaign said the Texas ad was part of a “mid-six-figure” investment also spread across Arizona, Florida and North Carolina.
    Sooo, about one third of less than half a percent of what is going to be spent eventually?

That works out to 0.067% of their available funds, assuming an eventual 250M war chest.

Tell me more about how this is a huge mistake.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Sooo, about one third of less than half a percent of what is going to be spent eventually?

That works out to 0.067% of their available funds, assuming an eventual 250M war chest.

Tell me more about how this is a huge mistake.
    For that much money, they could carpet bomb Montana with anti Trump ads.

I also doubt this is the only campaign ad he’s going to run in Texas, this has all the making of more 2016 mental re ation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For that much money, they could carpet bomb Montana with anti Trump ads.

I also doubt this is the only campaign ad he’s going to run in Texas, this has all the making of more 2016 mental re ation.
    500,000/3 = 167,000.

Tell me again how this is a "carpet bomb" in Montana. That gets you what? Five, maybe ten thirty second spots?

I have a good deal of respect for your opinion, but you try waaaay too hard for the "both sdies" cynical bull , and this is one of the rabbit holes that confirmation bias cynicism takes you.

You are trying to defend your statement, even when presented with evidence that the ad buy is likely infinitesimally small, both in relative and absolute terms.

I get it. We all do that. You seem to be one of the intelligent ones that can occasionally step back and examine their underlying assumptions though.

Is this really a huge mistake, or a blip?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    500,000/3 = 167,000.

Tell me again how this is a "carpet bomb" in Montana. That gets you what? Five, maybe ten thirty second spots?

I have a good deal of respect for your opinion, but you try waaaay too hard for the "both sdies" cynical bull , and this is one of the rabbit holes that confirmation bias cynicism takes you.

You are trying to defend your statement, even when presented with evidence that the ad buy is likely infinitesimally small, both in relative and absolute terms.

I get it. We all do that. You seem to be one of the intelligent ones that can occasionally step back and examine their underlying assumptions though.

Is this really a huge mistake, or a blip?
    If this is the only ad buy they do in Texas, then I’d agree it really won’t matter, but that wouldn’t make any sense. You don’t make one ad buy in a state one time and then abandon efforts to win the state afterwards.

Ive said for months that trying to win the populous expensive states that either don’t have a senate race (Florida) or have an unwinnable senate race (Texas) is a waste of money. I think that’s even more the case given where polls are now, focus on the states that Biden needs to win and the states with winnable senate races.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is the only ad buy they do in Texas, then I’d agree it really won’t matter, but that wouldn’t make any sense. You don’t make one ad buy in a state one time and then abandon efforts to win the state afterwards.

Ive said for months that trying to win the populous expensive states that either don’t have a senate race (Florida) or have an unwinnable senate race (Texas) is a waste of money. I think that’s even more the case given where polls are now, focus on the states that Biden needs to win and the states with winnable senate races.
    Thinking strategically:
    You might not get any traction statewide, but if you coordinate your ad buys with local campaigns in close state and federal representative races... that might make sense. Leverage off of Trump hate, to win a few close races.

I would note that the map has shifted again.

Here is the default 270 to win:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's been the consistent message to the lefty Bernie bro types

Fortunately for the Dems, go ahead stick it in deeper seems to be their go to reply.
    Here is the blue wave, almost worst case for your fascist party scenario, with Trump losing all the swing states.

You still also haven't explained the e, sporto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch
    i guess they saw the chris wallace interview

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Getting laughable now.
    Is this the same Quinnipiac poll that has Biden up +13 in Florida? Keep believing these polls.

Thread Information