Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1616
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden eyes GOP candidates for Cabinet slots
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...cabinet-429972

Among the names being floated for possible Biden Cabinet posts are Meg Whitman, the CEO of Quibi and former CEO of eBay, and former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, both of whom spoke at August’s Democratic National Convention. Massachusetts GOP Gov. Charlie Baker and former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) have also been mentioned, as has former Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Penn.), who resigned from Congress in 2018 and became a lobbyist.

democrats still hung up on "civility" and "reaching across the aisle" thinking its going to earn them any goodwill with the lunatics calling biden a marxist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden at 50% nationally doesn't sound that great tbh
    neither does 41%

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nevermind my math is wrong

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    democrats still hung up on "civility" and "reaching across the aisle" thinking its going to earn them any goodwill with the lunatics calling biden a marxist
    I'm hopeful this is just Biden saying this because low information voters seem to love hearing about bipartisanship. But not too hopeful since it's ing Joe Biden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From that same polling

Tied in Georgia.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden at 50% nationally doesn't sound that great tbh
    Based on RCP history:

Obama hit 50% once the year he beat McCain
    Obama never hit 50% the year he beat Romney
    Neither Trump nor Clinton hit 50% in 2016

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on RCP history:

Obama hit 50% once the year he beat McCain
    Obama never hit 50% the year he beat Romney
    Neither Trump nor Clinton hit 50% in 2016
    Sounds great tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful this is just Biden saying this because low information voters seem to love hearing about bipartisanship. But not too hopeful since it's ing Joe Biden.
    No. Guaranteed the DoD will be led by a Republican and probably bring in Comey to run DoJ.

Biden is a fossil. I'm convinced he told Black President to do all this reach across the aisle bull to let them water down all legislation only to vote against it.

Biden is going to be a disaster if you are hoping for tooth-for-a-tooth let's take advantage of the precedent Turtle set. You're in denial if you think he won't roll out his own version of "look forward not backwards"

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    In 1980 Reagan beat Carter 50.7% to 41.0%. Most people don’t exactly consider that a close election

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’ve resigned myself to the fact Biden is going full his national security/military advisor positions with neocons who want to continue wasting money on stupid . I’m holding out a little hope the rest of his administration isn’t so offensively centrist.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Guaranteed the DoD will be led by a Republican and probably bring in Comey to run DoJ.

Biden is a fossil. I'm convinced he told Black President to do all this reach across the aisle bull to let them water down all legislation only to vote against it.

Biden is going to be a disaster if you are hoping for tooth-for-a-tooth let's take advantage of the precedent Turtle set. You're in denial if you think he won't roll out his own version of "look forward not backwards"
    He could always die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican party stabbed bipartisanship repeatedly, stomped on the body and buried it behind the woodshed about 2008 or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eyup.

Another ty center-right candidate doing center-right bull . Harris isn't much better.

Need to move the Overton window, and they are not the people who will do that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup.

Another ty center-right candidate doing center-right bull . Harris isn't much better.

Need to move the Overton window, and they are not the people who will do that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window
    would be a lot easier to get concessions out of biden than it would with trump, though

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It'll be half-hearted and incomplete, but Biden will get SOME form of climate change legislation done if he has senate control. It's too big a part of his platform and even the oligarchs making the big donations to his campaign want climate change reform.

With Trump it's a virtual certainty climate change is ignored for another 4 years.

Centrist Democrat vs. Republican is basically 21st century oligarchs vs. 20th century oligarchs, and even though they're ty and horrible people, I'll take Elon Musk and Bill Gates over Charles Koch and Shelden Adelson.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...chief-of-staff

This is at least encouraging. Ron Klain was my preferred Chief of Staff choice for Biden (and he had the benefit of previously being Biden's Chief of Staff). He has progressive roots as Ed Markey's former legislative director and will be the sharpest choice in terms of court appointments and making sure Biden doesn't take the judiciary for granted the way Obama did.

At the least, Klain will be infinitely better as CoS than Rahm Emanuel was for Obama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Greenfield now up 5 on Ernst in latest poll, and since August 1 Greenfield's chances on 538 have gone from 46% to 59%. She has all the momentum and another bomb dropped on Ernst today.

Cunningham OTOH has a new FEC investigation that looks like bull but it'll cost him votes, and his lead against Tillis was already slipping.

Stacey Abrams grassroots org needs to planning for a January run-off in Georgia - the special election is definitely going to a runoff and I think the Purdue/Ossoff race will as well.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYT with the goods for their final polling of 2020.

Trump doesn't lead on any category. Even the economy.
    But you're not betting on those numbers cos you know they're faked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, he said that in the first debate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you're not betting on those numbers cos you know they're faked.
    You’re right. Biden is not winning the popular vote by 9 or 10 points.

He will though win the necessary states to carry over the 270 he needs.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I get the ACB comments (those were from awhile back too, before she refused to answer any questions in committee hearings). He's trying to stave off the evangelical rage that happened in 2018 after they went after Kavanaugh, and it's even more fragile when ACB is a woman.

Ron Klain is an infinitely better Chief of Staff than Rahm Emanuel, so I'm reserving judgment for the rest of his cabinet. If he picks Andrew Yang as his secretary of labor I'll be satisfied.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiotic pay the Lincoln project hasn't been with Biden to get something from Biden they want their seats back at the Republican table and by being anti Trump they can jump to the front of the line

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also are we sure yesyoureracist isn't a Russian? Feels russiany

Thread Information