Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take what you can get
    That's been the consistent message to the lefty Bernie bro types

Fortunately for the Dems, go ahead stick it in deeper seems to be their go to reply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it we get from McGrath? Another yay vote to confirm Kavanaugh? The only material reason I prefer establishment Dems over Republicans is judge appointments, when you have an establishment Dem as far to the right as McGrath is there’s no difference anymore. Once she said she would have voted for Kavanaugh the DNC should have defunded her campaign.
    she might have confirmed kavanaugh (i dont know, has she actually commented on that?). but she would have voted against the tax cuts.

take what you can get from a place like kentucky

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Fortunately for the Dems, go ahead stick it in deeper seems to be their go to reply.
    don’t say that so loud, establishment Dems need to be able to cry about how Bernie Bros are really stubborn weren’t supportive enough whenever candidates like McGrath lose.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    she might have confirmed kavanaugh (i dont know, has she actually commented on that?). but she would have voted against the tax cuts.

take what you can get from a place like kentucky
    She flat out said she would have confirmed Kavanaugh when she was asked the question.

Youre also falling for the “take what you can get” conventional wisdom. What makes her a better candidate vs McConnell exactly? Black people think she’s tone deaf and she’s in a state where Democrats have no path towards victory without strong black voter support.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The conventional wisdom of trying to win southern states by running Clinton Democrats who are center right on everything except the social issues like abortion that are why southern whites vote Republican in the first place is ass backwards logic. The way to pick up southern states is by running religious Democrats who are center right on social issues but have populist appeal, literally the opposite of candidates like McGrath.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do people not understand how “one polling location per county” completely s population centers and helps rural voters.
    Not sure if you meant me but this is exactly what I was saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She flat out said she would have confirmed Kavanaugh when she was asked the question.

Youre also falling for the “take what you can get” conventional wisdom. What makes her a better candidate vs McConnell exactly? Black people think she’s tone deaf and she’s in a state where Democrats have no path towards victory without strong black voter support.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not sure if you meant me but this is exactly what I was saying.
    No definitely didn’t mean you, I was commenting on the fact most people see that and think “hurr durr well each county has the same sounds fair to me”

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You didn’t understand the question. Obviously she’s better than Cocaine Mitch, I’m asking what exactly makes her a better than candidate than Booker was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its a hard pill to swallow for sure, but when somebody as disastrous and dangerous as trump is on the ballot, it's insanity not to vote him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn’t understand the question. Obviously she’s better than Cocaine Mitch, I’m asking what exactly makes her a better than candidate than Booker was.
    yeah, i misread in haste. mea culpa

what makes her a better candidate? i dont know that she is. the vote margins were pretty close, so i dont see that mcgrath will draw out significantly more voters or anything like that. i also dont know that booker was inherently a better candidate (if we are strictly talking about likelihood to win).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a hard pill to swallow for sure, but when somebody as disastrous and dangerous as trump is on the ballot, it's insanity not to vote him out.
    SnakeBoy didn't like Donald Trump until he was told "take what you can get" by Republicans.

Unlike Bernie Bros, he went full apologist for his team.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yeah, i misread in haste. mea culpa

what makes her a better candidate? i dont know that she is. the vote margins were pretty close, so i dont see that mcgrath will draw out significantly more voters or anything like that. i also dont know that booker was inherently a better candidate (if we are strictly talking about likelihood to win).
    That’s kinda my point, for every moderate voter McGrath gains there’s a black voter she loses. In 2018 McGrath also lost a district that’s to the left of Kentucky as a whole, it’d be one thing she won that race and had momentum but this is another example of the DNC trying to cram the same loser down people’s throats over again (ie Biden).

If you have two candidates with an equally low chance at beating Cocaine Mitch, might as well go with the real Democrat who won’t support Kavanaugh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yikes.

Pandering answer maybe? It's a lot easier to say you're gonna vote one way knowing you're not in a position of power and there is no consequence to you saying such. (Given that she won her primary anyway)

If she meant that she would vote for Kavanaugh that would make her a worse politician than Hillary. I do not think Hillary would be for Kavanaugh at all. Kavanaugh is a fringe right type dude. That outburst about Hillary and weird conspiracy he threw out in his confirmation hearing was a total disqualifying moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SnakeBoy didn't like Donald Trump until he was told "take what you can get" by Republicans.

Unlike Bernie Bros, he went full apologist for his team.
    and i'm not entirely unsympathetic to that approach if they truly believed that a hillary clinton presidency would have been disastrous for the country (obviously i dont believe that to be the case, but not the point) and that trump wouldn't be

but yeah, at this point the proof is in the pudding. cant get by on that anymore. i dont like biden much, but theres nothing to suggest that he's going to run the country further into the ter. unfortunately, that's become the bar right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s kinda my point, for every moderate voter McGrath gains there’s a black voter she loses. In 2018 McGrath also lost a district that’s to the left of Kentucky as a whole, it’d be one thing she won that race and had momentum but this is another example of the DNC trying to cram the same loser down people’s throats over again (ie Biden).

If you have two candidates with an equally low chance at beating Cocaine Mitch, might as well go with the real Democrat who won’t support Kavanaugh.
    i dont know that's the case when she's running against a republican, particularly mcconnell. kentucky is ~8% black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and i'm not entirely unsympathetic to that approach if they truly believed that a hillary clinton presidency would have been disastrous for the country (obviously i dont believe that to be the case, but not the point) and that trump wouldn't be

but yeah, at this point the proof is in the pudding. cant get by on that anymore. i dont like biden much, but theres nothing to suggest that he's going to run the country further into the ter
    The approach is sometimes a necessary evil for an election. Being silent about it afterwards is not.

Trump having a consistently 90+% approval rating among Republicans is inexcusable. Conviction is dead in the GOP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a pill you're swallowing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh man, gay jokes in 2020. so edgy!

at least use jokes that are only outdated by a few years like "why are you assuming my gender LOLOL"

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your positive reason for voting Trump?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yikes.

Pandering answer maybe? It's a lot easier to say you're gonna vote one way knowing you're not in a position of power and there is no consequence to you saying such. (Given that she won her primary anyway)

If she meant that she would vote for Kavanaugh that would make her a worse politician than Hillary. I do not think Hillary would be for Kavanaugh at all. Kavanaugh is a fringe right type dude. That outburst about Hillary and weird conspiracy he threw out in his confirmation hearing was a total disqualifying moment.
    I don’t really know why she said she would have confirmed him. She backpedaled afterwards which makes it even worse. The voters she’s going after aren’t fringe right Kavanaugh fans, it was just a really stupid political move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colorado primary race already called. Wow

Hickenlooper wins by a huge margin according to the AP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes.

So just set your narrative for her and dismiss her comments as pandering, because narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colorado primary race already called. Wow

Hickenlooper wins by a huge margin according to the AP.

I like Hickenlooper. He ran Magpul out and into Austin. Good job Hickenstooper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your positive reason for voting Trump?
    Make your case. I can't wait to have competent leadership back in the whitehouse. The yes men that are left after years of Trump -stain turnover, are full on idiots.

Thread Information