Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. My gut still says Warren. First few grumblings out of Iowa point that way.

it will be, at the very least Not Biden.
    yep. Liz has both the fire and the ideas, the elocution to deliver, that none of the other milquetoasts have, except maybe Bernie.

Americans stupidly would rather continue safely to be ED by the oligarchy and Capitalism than try something "dangerously" different.

I think the DNC and its $100Ms will be too powerful to overcome.

Even if a progressive wins the Dem nomination,

the DNC/establishment would not push hard for the progressive to win since their own power would be at risk.

Dem establishment would rather have Trash win again than lose their own power and privileges to progressives.

America is ed and un able.

btw, Liz's CFPB, before the Repugs gutted it, cost Wall ST $11B, so Wall St will spend $100Ms, $Bs, to keep Liz out of power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yep. Liz has both the fire and the ideas, the elocution to deliver, that none of the other milquetoasts have, except maybe Bernie.

Americans stupidly would rather continue safely to be ED by the oligarchy and Capitalism than try something "dangerously" different.

I think the DNC and its $100Ms will be too powerful to overcome.

Even if a progressive wins the Dem nomination,

the DNC/establishment would not push hard for the progressive to win since their own power would be at risk.

Dem establishment would rather have Trash win again than lose their own power and privileges to progressives.

America is ed and un able.

btw, Liz's CFPB, before the Repugs gutted it, cost Wall ST $11B, so Wall St will spend $100Ms, $Bs, to keep Liz out of power.

Warren I think would be the right candidate for a lot of reasons.

The generic poll is widening a bit, not that that means anything this far out.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren I think would be the right candidate for a lot of reasons.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    The DNC and BigFinance, who lost an consumer-extractive $11B through Liz's CFPB in one year, will not let Liz win.

And BigFinance actually blocked Liz from running CFPB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well here is the baseline for a blue wave, with Trump losing all the states where he won narrowly, assuming no other changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add in Iowa and Ohio for a true wave election:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun map.

Assume 2024 Texas becomes that swing state, and the Dems lose a few swing states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun to play with. I would not put much behind any of my guesses here, mostly just playing with scenarios.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems winning WH and House will be useless without the Senate

Dems will not be able to fund rebuilding the govt that the Repugs have destroyed, and I don't think the Dems will try very hard.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-29-2019 at 01:28 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fun map.

Assume 2024 Texas becomes that swing state, and the Dems lose a few swing states.

You'll never get Texas, nor Arizona, nor Wisconsin, nor Florida where they were selling your .

We may even be able to snag MN., if we can keep those Muslim broads activated.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I eventually see the white-majority states up north keep trending right and the southern border states including Texas and Zona trending left. It's going to be a full on racial divide soon.

Labor unions no longer matter for Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn, etc. It's all about protecting the white race from usurpation and obsoletion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I eventually see the white-majority states up north keep trending right and the southern border states including Texas and Zona trending left. It's going to be a full on racial divide soon.

Labor unions no longer matter for Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn, etc. It's all about protecting the white race from usurpation and obsoletion.
    ---BOTH SIDES---

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020, Rewarding Polarizing Campaign

Re-election looks plausible even with a bigger loss in the national popular vote.

A strategy rooted in racial polarization

could at once energize parts of the president’s base and rebuild support among wavering white working-class voters.

Many of these voters backed Mr. Trump in the first place in part because of his views on hot-button issues, including on immigration and race.

Alone, the president’s relative advantage in the Electoral College does not necessarily make him a favorite to win.

His approval rating is well beneath 50 percent in states worth more than 270 electoral votes, including in the Northern battleground states that decided the 2016 election.

And just because racial polarization could work to the president’s advantage in general doesn’t mean that his particular tactics will prove effective.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/upshot/trump-electoral-college-edge-.html

Racists, low-ed, low-wage, and Christian Taliban elected Trash to hurt people, what a ing country.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-29-2019 at 02:12 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trump’s Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020, Rewarding Polarizing Campaign

Re-election looks plausible even with a bigger loss in the national popular vote.

A strategy rooted in racial polarization

could at once energize parts of the president’s base and rebuild support among wavering white working-class voters.

Many of these voters backed Mr. Trump in the first place in part because of his views on hot-button issues, including on immigration and race.

Alone, the president’s relative advantage in the Electoral College does not necessarily make him a favorite to win.

His approval rating is well beneath 50 percent in states worth more than 270 electoral votes,
    including in the Northern battleground states that decided the 2016 election.

And just because racial polarization could work to the president’s advantage in general doesn’t mean that his particular tactics will prove effective.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/upshot/trump-electoral-college-edge-.html

Racists, low-ed, low-wage, and Christian Taliban elected Trash to hurt people, what a ing country.

Is your argument

A) Only Trump uses racial tactics
    B) Trump uses more racial tactics
    C) Trump is more effective at using racial tactics
    D) Non-white demographic isn't yet large/united enough

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Racists really like Trump.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Asian racists too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just like the racists liked Hussein when he was race baiting the countryside for 6 of his 8 years as big cheese.

"I'm going to be President for all Americans, black and white. I promise."

Travyon wanders along & Hussein got his mind right, stepped right into the ca-ca & the pee-pee. "If I had a son, instead of 2 daughters who missed nary branch falling down the ugly tree he'd look like Trayvon, when he was alive."

Then went and authorized the execution of Bin. And without so much as a preliminary hearing, or, trial. Just sent the boys over into a foreign country and killed him. Gee, I certainly hope Bin did it, otherwise Hussein will spend some time, a lot of time in .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Asian racists too?
    Sure. Mostly white racists.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure. Mostly white racists.
    You wish,,,Hussein showed his racist bent during his Presidency. Gonna play it straight. Gonna do it right. Gonna be a man for all seasons, for all Americans. Ha, He the bed 1/2 way thru his first 4 years & wallowed in his mess the remainder of the 6 years. That SOB.

Hussein the punk racist.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the racists liked Hussein when he was race baiting the countryside for 6 of his 8 years as big cheese.

"I'm going to be President for all Americans, black and white. I promise."

Travyon wanders along & Hussein got his mind right, stepped right into the ca-ca & the pee-pee. "If I had a son, instead of 2 daughters who missed nary branch falling down the ugly tree he'd look like Trayvon, when he was alive."

Then went and authorized the execution of Bin. And without so much as a preliminary hearing, or, trial. Just sent the boys over into a foreign country and killed him. Gee, I certainly hope Bin did it, otherwise Hussein will spend some time, a lot of time in .
    Bush would have killed OBL if he had the chance. OBL financed 9/11, the end.

But I'm 100% with you on the Trayvon . And, Malia is ugly a-f just like her hideous mother.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bush would have killed OBL if he had the chance. OBL financed 9/11, the end.

But I'm 100% with you on the Trayvon . And, Malia is ugly a-f just like her hideous mother.
    You got any proof of that, or, is like the Russian proof that we can't see? "Trust us, it's there, but, we can't show you because of actors & methods."

Yeah, right. I wouldn't trust those mother ers any further than I could throw 'em.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumping Texas voters’ favorite shortcut might hurt down-ballot candidates — and Democrats

Straight-ticket voting helped candidates down-ballot in 2018, and according to a new study, it helped Democrats, too. So Texas Republicans got rid of it.

The state’s decision to kill straight-ticket voting could cut turnout in down-ballot races in the 2020 elections — even if more voters show up to the polls.

Without straight-ticket voting — where voters register support for all of their parties’ candidates with a single vote — down-ballot candidates will have to win with the support of the relatively few voters who make it past the marquee contests.

Two-thirds of Texans voted straight ticket in 2018.

Democratic candidates depending on a growing base of voters may suffer,

the increased compe iveness of Democrats in many counties was abetted by straight-ticket voting.”

It’s not so much that Democrats were depending on straight tickets for their strength;

it’s that strong candidates at the top of the ticket — like Democrat Beto O’Rourke — were making it easier for the rest of the party’s candidates to win some votes.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08...tes-democrats/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll never get Texas, nor Arizona, nor Wisconsin, nor Florida where they were selling your .

We may even be able to snag MN., if we can keep those Muslim broads activated.
    Racism and white victimhood is a dead end.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...racism/596155/

It is amusing to see people like you who delude themselves into believing it is a winning strategy.
    “I think the cost is, he doesn’t attract anybody new,” says Lynn Vavreck, a UCLA political scientist and a co-author of Iden y Crisis, a book about the role of race in the 2016 presidential election. “And that could be a cost. The man won by 77,000 votes in three states. If African American turnout goes back to the Obama levels, he needs more voters. He could be fighting the last battle.”
    Someone else ran the numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumping Texas voters’ favorite shortcut might hurt down-ballot candidates — and Democrats

Straight-ticket voting helped candidates down-ballot in 2018, and according to a new study, it helped Democrats, too. So Texas Republicans got rid of it.

The state’s decision to kill straight-ticket voting could cut turnout in down-ballot races in the 2020 elections — even if more voters show up to the polls.

Without straight-ticket voting — where voters register support for all of their parties’ candidates with a single vote — down-ballot candidates will have to win with the support of the relatively few voters who make it past the marquee contests.

Two-thirds of Texans voted straight ticket in 2018.

Democratic candidates depending on a growing base of voters may suffer,

the increased compe iveness of Democrats in many counties was abetted by straight-ticket voting.”

It’s not so much that Democrats were depending on straight tickets for their strength;

it’s that strong candidates at the top of the ticket — like Democrat Beto O’Rourke — were making it easier for the rest of the party’s candidates to win some votes.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08...tes-democrats/

Which is exactly why they did it, to defend weak unpopular candidates like Cruz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the annual “Texas is going blue! No, seriously, this time it really is!” bull tour has arrived.

Texas is never going blue. Get it through your stupid heads. Stop acting like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.
    Clinton/Trump spread: 5%

Cruz/Beto spread: 2.6%

Sorry long term trends aren't up to your instant gratification standards. "never" is a LONG time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell you what will happen.

Trumpites will claim "rigged" elections.

Trump will not concede gracefully, if at all.

I would consider it highly likely at that point, that the Trump cult will commit violence.

Thread Information