Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ICE Raids In Mississippi Were About Suppressing Worker Rights

it appears that ICE decided to raid companies based on successful unionization efforts and EEOC complaints:

The workers, many of them members of the United Food and Commercial Workers union (UFCW), were employed by a company called Koch Foods Inc, which employs 13,000 workers throughout the US.

In 2018, following a nearly eight-year-long legal battle, Koch Foods Inc. settled a $3.75 million brought by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Koch Food Inc at the plant. The lawsuit alleged that Koch Foods Inc supervisors engaged in both racial and sexual harassment of Latina workers at its Morton, Mississippi plant.

The lawsuit brought by the EEOC against Koch Food Inc’s alleged “that supervisors touched and/or made sexually suggestive comments to female Hispanic employees, hit Hispanic employees and charged many of them money for normal everyday work activities.”

In June of 2018,
    ICE raided a unionized Fresh Mark meatpacking plant in Salem, Ohio; arresting 140 workers.

A week before the raid on a Fresh Mark’s Salem facility,
    the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) fined Fresh Mark $211,194 for three separate incidents in which proper guards for dangerous machinery were not in place.

OSHA found that the lack of safety guards resulted in the death of an undo ented worker.

Su ion was also raised that workers complaining about working conditions in plants lead to a raid at the Southeastern Provision in Morristown, Tennesse.

The raid came after federal authorities were tipped off by a local bank that the owner of the plant may have been paying undo ented workers under the table.

“These raids send a real signal to immigrant workers not to speak up, and we feel like these raids enable employers in the most dangerous industry to cut corners and violate labor standards,”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/9/1877858/-The-ICE-Raids-In-Mississippi-Were-About-Suppressing-Worker-Rights?detail=emailLL

The illegal employers always skate free, while illegal employees get screwed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says who

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Koch Foods got caught stealing wages and sexually harassing workers and paid 4 mil to settle it.

Then they (allegedly) called ICE on their own workers, because they knew they had hired illegal workers -- , they probably provided the false do entation. How can half a company's workforce be illegal and they don't know it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If employers got punished, this would end with a quickness.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fu niest thing about these raids is they needed like 645 agents tor round up 610 immigrants

That's like a ing 1-1 ratio

Never heard something so gay in my life

These gots are ing petrified

So basically the max they could deport is around say 50,000 immigrants during next couple years if they use 1-1 ratio. Good luck deporting the other remaining millions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if illegals are all freeloaders, why do the biggest raids happen at places of work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fu niest thing about these raids is they needed like 645 agents tor round up 610 immigrants

That's like a ing 1-1 ratio
    Not quite, they let about half of them go. No word yet on whether those were humanitarian exceptions or legit US citizens and residents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite, they let about half of them go. No word yet on whether those were humanitarian exceptions or legit US citizens and residents.
    True that. So it's a 2-1 ratio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. So it's a 2-1 ratio
    Just round up everybody brown and hope you got it right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And , if only half are legit residents and citizens, that's a good batting average, right?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What raid? I heard something about them busting a bunch of illegals stealing American jobs but I disregarded it because I was told that doesn't happen.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if illegals are all freeloaders, why do the biggest raids happen at places of work?
    Naturally because that's where a large group of illegals would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naturally because that's where a large group of illegals would be.
    interesting that a large group of freeloaders would be found at places of employment

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is making that argument?

Philo Lite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But illegals do jobs Americans don't want to do"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/1990473001/

And yes, Illegal immigration hurts poor Americans and especially disadvantages poor blacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What raid? I heard something about them busting a bunch of illegals stealing American jobs but I disregarded it because I was told that doesn't happen.
    Stop listening to inbred redneck radio shows and log in to a news site for a change. Or u can log in here :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But illegals do jobs Americans don't want to do"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/1990473001/

And yes, Illegal immigration hurts poor Americans and especially disadvantages poor blacks.
    They hurt our lazy american freeloaders

Thread Information