Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same imbecile was outraged about that racist Betsy Ross flag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get how braindead troglodytes think kneeling during the anthem has something to do with a flag
    Exactly, that never made sense. Then they started burning Nike's and that's- well-that's just ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's most disheartening is that san antonio is a military city. pop is constantly doing things undermining their efforts. a real shame T B H

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Like a Kaepernick. That was a very patriotic thing he did. He cared about his country enough to fix some things that were obvious, that everybody knows about but does nothing about."

Pop had the perfect opportunity to be patriotic in 2014 when he met the president. All he was shake hands and smile though. Coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind Pop's opinion, but I find it interesting that he throws shade on people who hug the flag, while at the same time places a backup quarterback (at best) on a pedestal as some martyr of social injustice.

I mean, seriously, Kaep didn't sacrifice anything. He isn't a true activist. He kneeled and ended up getting a Nike contract.

I think Bo Jackson said it best, when he said an activist would be out in the sweltering heat in DC protesting.

Bo didn't question the cause, he questioned the energy expended by such an activist.

Pop just says some really odd things at times. I will never forget when he blasted the fans for cheering so much when Boban checked into the game. Pop was being a complete hypocrite in that situation for assuming that the cheers were disingenuous of the fans.

Look, I really respect Pop, but he isn't beyond reproach.
    If Bo Jackson really said that then that's silly. There are different ways of protesting, who's to say marching is the right way? For one person to draw so much coverage, Kap's methods were remarkably effective-whether you agree or not. Him getting a Nike deal has little to do with the protest and is a weird criticism.

Tommy Smith and John Carlos both meddled and raised their fists at the Olympics, because they weren't in D.C. then it's a questionable form of activism?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop made the claim Kaep "fixed" something yet you can't name one thing Kaep fixed. You are such a loser that you can't take the 'L' and instead try to attribute motive to someone you don't know on the internet in order to shame them. That is textbook fascism.

I will give Kaep some credit, he sucked playing in the NFL and was able to fix his bank account by being a social justice warrior. I don't blame him, chase the money bro and if you can do something positive go for it.

your racism is your own issue

fix that and you won’t see pops words as a problem

fix your issue and truth won’t stun you when it slaps you across your racist face

lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your racism is your own issue

fix that and you won’t see pops words as a problem

fix your issue and truth won’t stun you when it slaps you across your racist face

lol
    You are too funny. I don’t have a problem with Pops words you do, you had 4 post now to explain what Kaep “fixed” and have come up with nothing except to call me a racist. Your fascism is showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right thing to do is talk about USA team not bringing other people up
    What the former football player did has Nothing to do with the USA basketball.

He is paid to coach basketball not tell me what he thinks on other subjects
    I have no problem if he goes on cnn foxnews msnbc and talk about politics but not on basketball time
    Pop is not the Orange man, he praises people that show courage not attack people on twitter. Doesn't he have anything better to do than being on social media the all the time???

It's called the first amendment every person is en led to his own opinion, and he was answering a question the media asked.

AND he is actually one of the best at what he does which is coaching basketball developing players you enjoy to watch!

last but not least, get a life, do something good for you life. I mean it. I am sure there is something better to do than lurking here all day all these years.

Peace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's most disheartening is that san antonio is a military city. pop is constantly doing things undermining their efforts. a real shame T B H
    pop? wasn’t he a captain in the Air Force lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a shame is you obviously know nothing about Pop's background. Pop and the Spurs are incredibly supportive of the military.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sort of amazing how conservatives can get so offended by people saying things they don't like or not believing in the same things they do. Many don't realize that most people from marginalized groups had to put up with that for years and to an extent still put up with it. Watching other shows or movies or read older books, and you an almost geneous cast of WASP characters. Having racist and otherwise bigoted celebrities being promoted as the "Everyman". Fighting and dying for a country that wouldn't give you the right to vote or marry who you want. That's what it really means to have to deal with divisive , not hearing someone say something you don't agree with.

It's divisive to tell someone they're one gender when they don't feel that way. It's divisive to tell someone that they should be worried about "black on black crime" as if that makes it okay when police go too far. It's divisive to tell someone they have to forget their history in order to meet your standard of "being American".
    Now, open your right eye, close your left, and you will find that you can say the same thing about the left using another perspective. In the end, the trick is to use both your eyes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What effort has been undermined?

Be specific.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What effort has been undermined?

Be specific.
    caring about the country. not being divisive

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he's making the military not care about the country?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The military effort to not be divisive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously "divisiveness" is ing silly to me. If someone doesn't agree with something then they ,or a small group, can call it divisive to make the subject sound controversial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop never fails to bring up that upsets a not insignificant part of this fanbase. There’s a reason this thread is headed to 10+ page territory. maybe he should’ve coached the kings or warriors based on everything that comes out of his mouth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's only good to protest when it doesn't make ppl uncomfortable? *face-palm* this coming from the country that protested high taxes and committed treason... Yet celebrate it every year... And ur mad that ppl are protesting not getting unfairly killed and targeted? STFU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a snowflake who can't handle the whole concept of free speech and someone's opinion not lining up with your own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, open your right eye, close your left, and you will find that you can say the same thing about the left using another perspective. In the end, the trick is to use both your eyes.
    It's probably best though to stick to the topic. Saying "The Left is doing it too," doesn't do anything but excuse ty behavior. Most of my forays into the Political Forum end with the liberal posters disagreeing with me, so it's just lazy to assume I'm blind to the issues on that side. This thread is about right-wing response to Pop's statements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop never fails to bring up that upsets a not insignificant part of this fanbase. There’s a reason this thread is headed to 10+ page territory. maybe he should’ve coached the kings or warriors based on everything that comes out of his mouth
    Most posters in this thread seem to agree with Pop, or his right to say it, so that kinds goes against your point.

I'm unconvinced that Pops comments would actually turn people off to watching, or following, the USA team or even the Spurs- despite coaching in a deep red state.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well you're saying a lot of stupid and people are asking you to explain yourself and/or mocking you. That's good for a few pages right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you're saying a lot of stupid and people are asking you to explain yourself and/or mocking you. That's good for a few pages right there.
    Ive already explained myself. Kap is a hasbeen hack and it’s a shame that pop supports him.

Thread Information