Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, those freedoms you fought for as a member of the military.
    YES!! To quote a once famous American:
    "When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside. You gotta take a stand it don't hurt to hide. If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride. I gotta be a man I can't let it slide. I am a real American. Fight for the rights of every man. I am a real American. Fight for what's right, fight for your life."

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some dumb responses here.

Pop's a prick for saying anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant. That's the definition of a condescending and arrogant response. Pop wants to look woke thinking it's going to get him some street cred with his liberal wino alcoholic liberal buddies. If he was being legit he'd be okay with both sides disagreeing, instead of acting like he's intellectually or morally superior somehow.

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop's a prick for saying anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant. That's the definition of a condescending and arrogant response. Pop wants to look woke thinking it's going to get him some street cred with his liberal wino alcoholic liberal buddies. If he was being legit he'd be okay with both sides disagreeing, instead of acting like he's intellectually or morally superior somehow.

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that).
    Pop could care less about whether someone agrees or disagrees. He’s just calling it like he sees it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The NFL agreed they blackballed Kaep and paid for it.

And Pop can say other people are ignorant if he wants. We say that all the time here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sports have always been involved heavily into politics, getting upset about Pop, Kerr, of Kaep is the most snowflake I’ve ever seen. “He so condescending (((((((“

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys gonna get angry about the new rocko’s modern life episode too?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every single word pop said was pure truth.

You have a right to a different opinion - but not a right to make up your own truth.

Every single word was 100% true - he nailed it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every single word pop said was pure truth.

You have a right to a different opinion - but not a right to make up your own truth.

Every single word was 100% true - he nailed it.
    “He cared about his country enough to fix some things that were obvious”. What did Kaepernick fix?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one feels more en led to spout bull than the US army s. Yeah right, you're such a hero for going overseas to kill Afghan/Syrian/Iraqi/Vietnamese/Serbian/etc people. Dumbass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "anyone who sacrifices their lives for it."

It's been decades since a military dying was a sacrifice for the country.

America's corrupt military, $700B EVERY ING YEAR and can't win , is all about protecting/enriching BigOil, BigCorp, and corporate welfare for the MIC and its investors, while spending $500M/year on marketing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mods please kill this horse thread.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, a Trump supporter accusing someone of being divisive! That's like Load Management accusing a player of taking too many games off.
    /thread

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys gonna get angry about the new rocko’s modern life episode too?
    is it not any good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m so tired of this team being a laughingstock. From the FO seemingly forgetting how to operate after 2014 to losing kawhi to having a hyperliberal coach who deflects every chance he gets to having said coach run team USA, have every player not want to play for him (conforming what we already knew in regards to stars not wanting to play with us) and then losing to G league players. everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a public figure, you're just some asshole on the internet. I'd say he has more of a right than you to speak on politics.
    You are right as a public figure I do have more of a right to speak on politics. Thanks for pointing it
    out, asshole on the internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is doing the right thing, but people like you will try to twist it to fit your narrative.
    And you are trying to twist your narrative. So what is the difference or perhaps you don't own a mirror? As far as every liberal action Pop and the Spurs do is gold, do you all really support the male cheerleaders over the female cheerleaders?
    Last edited by dbestpro; 08-15-2019 at 09:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaepernick's beef was never with the American military. He was trying to give a voice against police brutality and racial inequality which still pervades our societies to this day.

It was the media who turned the whole narrative "he is disrespecting the flag, and the military, and America".

The military doesn't fight for a country that forces everyone to get up and salute the flag when they are told to...in fact, the military fights for a country that gives people the choice not to.

As someone who stands and holds my hand over my heart every time the national anthem plays, I fully respect your love and honor for America, and thank anyone who sacrifices their lives for it.

But as this country gave you a voice, you should respect the voice of others even if you don't quite agree with it.

Great response

I'm a retired Vet and currently work for the government and I cosign this post 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great response

I'm a retired Vet and currently work for the government and I cosign this post 100%.
    thing is kap was already figured out and was done as a starter by the time he started his asinine kneeling bull . he saw an opportunity to remain relevant and has run with it for the past 4 years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I hear Pop say things like this I figure he is disinterested in coaching or is trying to distract from this team because he doesn't believe we can really compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people care far more about protecting their 2nd amendment rights vs their 1st it seems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I respect all alternative views and understand the main point by many that our hard earned freedoms, means he can say freely what he wants. Doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it but he can surely say it even in his current role. Also, agree with earlier post - time to end this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's just a rocko episode... one of the characters is trans though, so you know... there's people crying about sjw media, same people that get angry at people kneeling during the anthem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/14/us...lin-kaepernick

Pardon me if posted already. Pop backing the ultimate con who sold out to Nike as well. Spurs fan x 25 years and as a former Army doc I am having a very hard time dealing with Pop’s latest diatribe - yet he is coaching the USA. IMO as that coach - politics should be put aside in that roll - plus he has Kerr who also plays the politics game.
    Ain't that what you stood for!?! Equality, Justice, freedom for everyone!?! An man kneeling peacefully is a problem to you!?! This is why this country is so divided. You racist are all the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    butthurt rightwingers can't stand when not everyone follows the herd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...An man kneeling peacefully is a problem to you!?!...
    This is my main issue. A black main peacefully kneels in protest, and it's the END OF THE ING UNIVERSE! Meanwhile, over at 8CHAN, the latest weaponized incel loser white boy is being egged on to go on a rampage with his 100 round magazine. The last one killed 26 ing people in 32 seconds. THAT is something to be legitimately angry at, and FOX barely registers it, other than to send out their usual pla udinous thought and prayers. Thoughts and prayers don't do to stop the next one. A ban on ALL assault weapons for civilians and high capacity magazines would, as proven by the fact that the WORST mass shootings have taken place since the expiration of the previous assault weapons ban.

Thread Information