Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/14/us...lin-kaepernick

Pardon me if posted already. Pop backing the ultimate con who sold out to Nike as well. Spurs fan x 25 years and as a former Army doc I am having a very hard time dealing with Pop’s latest diatribe - yet he is coaching the USA. IMO as that coach - politics should be put aside in that roll - plus he has Kerr who also plays the politics game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is doing the right thing, but people like you will try to twist it to fit your narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it the right thing? I do understand his protest but Pop does not need to be devisive in his role
    Last edited by Rummpd; 08-14-2019 at 06:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ARMY DOC: FORCEFIELD ENGAGED.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People clutch their pearls if they don't agree with the celebrity who is speaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pardon me if posted already. Pop backing the ultimate con who sold out to Nike as well. Spurs fan x 25 years and as a former Army doc I am having a very hard time dealing with Pop’s latest diatribe - yet he is coaching the USA. IMO as that coach - politics should be put aside in that roll - plus he has Kerr who also plays the politics game.
    This is what free speech is. You are not always going to agree with people's POV, and you don't have to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what free speech is. You are not always going to agree with people's POV, and you don't have to.
    In other words, those freedoms you fought for as a member of the military.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh brother. I agree with Pop. He's free to say what you want. You are free to ignore him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that fully, but does not mean I personally support it and I believe the time to express such views is not when you are in his current role that IMO should not be a political forum.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I understand that fully, but does not mean I personally support it and I believe the time to express such views is not when you are in his current role that IMO should not be a political forum.
    That's precisely the time to say what one wants about the government whether we support the views or not. That's what makes America great.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are different points of view - I get that. Pop calling anyone who disagrees with him "ignorant" is in itself an ignorant thing for him to do. It's a long way from "This is what I believe" to that kind of rhetoric. Name calling in that cir stance is a pretty stupid choice for someone who believes he is so wise. He's as guilty of fanning the flames as anyone else.

And, no, Kaepernick didn't "sacrifice his career" with the kneeling protest. He sacrificed his career by being an ineffective quarterback. Pop wants to perpetuate the idea that this is the 60's and Kapernick's protest was the equivalent of the Selma march, and that the mean ol' NFL kicked him out of his career. But the fact is, he played a whole NFL season after he first took a knee, and had a QB RTG under 50 and his team was 1-10 with him as a starter. The year before they were 2-6 with him as a starter, and he had a QB RTG of 43.

The "sacrifice" narrative is a myth that helps a certain type of person with their white guilt, but it totally ignores the fact that Kaepernick was on his way out before he ever took a knee, and his play in 2016 was the coup de gras. I don't give a if he wants to protest, but he played himself out of a job. He would have done well to focus on getting better, just like Pop would do well to focus on getting this thin team ready instead of holding up the ghost of Colin Kaepernick as "proof" of the boogey-man.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he said he was a doctor in WWII tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet Pop kept a worthless white privileged Bonner on the roster for 10 years. He could’ve given multiple real underprivileged brothas an opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's precisely the time to say what one wants about the government whether we support the views or not. That's what makes America great.
    I respect your view even if disagree.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes this type of thread always bring out the mayonnaise and coal miners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2/10 trolling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it the right thing? I do understand his protest but Pop does not need to be devisive in his role
    LOL, a Trump supporter accusing someone of being divisive! That's like Load Management accusing a player of taking too many games off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop
    is
    Woke

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope this helps to attract and retain talent for the spurs tbh

#DealWithCIAPop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop served in the army. Did intel. Worked overseas for his country. And has paid more tax in one year than probably everyone of this forum combined. I think he is en led to say wtf he wants about his country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh please STFU, pu$$y.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grow up. Who honestly gives a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are different points of view - I get that. Pop calling anyone who disagrees with him "ignorant" is in itself an ignorant thing for him to do. It's a long way from "This is what I believe" to that kind of rhetoric. Name calling in that cir stance is a pretty stupid choice for someone who believes he is so wise. He's as guilty of fanning the flames as anyone else.

And, no, Kaepernick didn't "sacrifice his career" with the kneeling protest. He sacrificed his career by being an ineffective quarterback. Pop wants to perpetuate the idea that this is the 60's and Kapernick's protest was the equivalent of the Selma march, and that the mean ol' NFL kicked him out of his career. But the fact is, he played a whole NFL season after he first took a knee, and had a QB RTG under 50 and his team was 1-10 with him as a starter. The year before they were 2-6 with him as a starter, and he had a QB RTG of 43.

The "sacrifice" narrative is a myth that helps a certain type of person with their white guilt, but it totally ignores the fact that Kaepernick was on his way out before he ever took a knee, and his play in 2016 was the coup de gras. I don't give a if he wants to protest, but he played himself out of a job. He would have done well to focus on getting better, just like Pop would do well to focus on getting this thin team ready instead of holding up the ghost of Colin Kaepernick as "proof" of the boogey-man.
    Yet Brian Hoyer still has a job in the NFL...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doc as in doctor or medic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you only care that pop expresses political opinions because you dont agree with them

there's no reason he shouldn't be allowed to say what he thinks

Thread Information