Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop hating man. its in most peoples list of top 3 greatest playoff runs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. He's not the next Jordan. He's not even the next Jordan copycat, Kobe. He's 27, and has a grand total of 8250 points. At 27, Jordan had 16596 points, two healthy quads, and he started NBA ballin' at 21, not 19 like Kawhi. Just because a player copies someone else's moves doesn't actually MAKE them that person.
    I get your point. But scoring is a bad example.

Tim Duncan scored less points in his career than Moses Malone, Dominique Wilkins, Hakeem, Dirk, Shaq, Karl Malone...But I would pick TD over any of those players. And I would choose Kawhi over Kobe without a doubt.

Kawhi is a more complete and versatile player than Kobe. I would say he's way better than Kobe.

(Edit: Kawhi has a unique way to dominate games but if I have to choose I would say it's more jordan-esque than kobesque.)
    This or his 10 pts in 2' vs GSW could help to understand
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why every thread has to be about Kawhi.

If this thread is about DJ I would like to say that I'm still intrigued by his contract situation. But judging by how Pop talks about him it seems like his max contract is a fact, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich still focusing on other than making this average ass team a contender

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know that? Do you think that he is not looking to get players to improve the team? Spurs fans have to realize that SA is a small market that doesn’t attract star players and not a great town either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really rooting for him and hoping he has a good healthy season. He’s a good culture guy at this point, I want to see him be more than that but we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know that? Do you think that he is not looking to get players to improve the team? Spurs fans have to realize that SA is a small market that doesn’t attract star players and not a great town either.
    How do I know that? Derozan is still on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant wait to kneel during the national anthem before the game, have an NPR podcast playing while watching the game, and then frogging while watching John Oliver after the game.

GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally someone who sees it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really rooting for him and hoping he has a good healthy season. He’s a good culture guy at this point, I want to see him be more than that but we’ll see.
    Really? Youngest player to ever make an NBA All D team, and you see him as "a good culture guy"?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Youngest player to ever make an NBA All D team, and you see him as "a good culture guy"?
    Tim Duncan won RoY, and I saw him as "a great culture guy."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray makes it real easy to root for him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think was available in a trade for Derozan? What team was going to realistically trade one or their star player for Derozan?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think was available in a trade for Derozan? What team was going to realistically trade one or their star player for Derozan?
    as i remember there was a trade proposal from LAL including ingram,ball,hart and a pick. PATFO declined bc they wanted 3 or 4 picks (dont remember exactly).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as i remember there was a trade proposal from LAL including ingram,ball,hart and a pick. PATFO declined bc they wanted 3 or 4 picks (dont remember exactly).
    One ty pick, two busts (both with health red flags), and a late first round selection (Hart). With the picks that were thrown around this summer for stars, the Spurs were in no way out of line with their request. The fact the Kawhi isn't a Laker and we aren't sitting on a pile of picks is all on the LAL. They got stupid again, and lost the summer's big prize for the second straight year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One ty pick, two busts (both with health red flags), and a late first round selection (Hart). With the picks that were thrown around this summer for stars, the Spurs were in no way out of line with their request. The fact the Kawhi isn't a Laker and we aren't sitting on a pile of picks is all on the LAL. They got stupid again, and lost the summer's big prize for the second straight year.
    Exactly.
    Good move by PATFO rejecting Magics bull .
    The mistake was not playing Philly and Boston against the Flamers.

Can't believe Ainge and Philly didn't offer substantially more. But can only speculate.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. u call this ty pick but spurss late picks arent ty?
    2. ddr isnt a bust? ingram is promising player but LAL wasnt good fit for him(like for randle), ball has court view and passing skills better than all the spurs players combined but he need to focuse on himself and dont listem to his dad. And im sure that with spurss coaches they would improve significantly. BTW dont forget that murray also has health red flag, is he a bust?
    3. these 3 guys have higher value on the market than ddr, so u could always trade them
    4. its amazing that i was sure that kawhi didnt want to play with lebron but pop or any guy in spurs didnt know that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. u call this ty pick but spurss late picks arent ty?
    2. ddr isnt a bust? ingram is promising player but LAL wasnt good fit for him(like for randle), ball has court view and passing skills better than all the spurs players combined but he need to focuse on himself and dont listem to his dad. And im sure that with spurss coaches they would improve significantly. BTW dont forget that murray also has health red flag, is he a bust?
    3. these 3 guys have higher value on the market than ddr, so u could always trade them
    4. its amazing that i was sure that kawhi didnt want to play with lebron but pop or any guy in spurs didnt know that
    GNSF

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Murray to be an absolute god, but being real, who did he stop that year?

Didn't he get the defensive team nod based on rebounding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was on his way to being a Kawhi lite as far as disrupting passing lanes with his length and anticipation. Stuff that might not show up in the stat line.
    But ya those bird legs. Hoping he'll gain weight or at least gain strength like Shaun Birdlegs Livingston did.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His second year was statistically equal to Kawhi's second year (slightly better, in fact).

Murray's ability to play passing lanes without gambling is super helpful, as is his rebounding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Truth bomb, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will DJ Murrays defensive ceiling ever reach Patty Mills level?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember him stoning Westchuck.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingram has real health issue, Ball has a dad issue and cannot throw a rock in the ocean, hart is average and the pick was a late pick.

Overall, I think that the Lakers, Celtics and Sixers are the big losers in the whole story.

Thread Information