My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    discuss, sons.

I totally agree*** and it has...0....to do with tonight. I was saying that before he was even drafted.

The guy is simply too small, and all that running around isn't going to work.

*** we can't rule out a position change, not unlike Marlin Briscoe, who ended up a 1000 yard stud receiver. Bert Emanuel. Freddie Solomon, Adnan Randle-El were all speedy NCAA QB's who ended up playing WR. Denard Robinson ended up at RB. , Marcus Allen was a HS QB.

The kid has some serious quicks much like Darren Sproles, there must be somewhere they can use him.

Now watch the kid totally shine and we feel stupid. Yep, didn't give this enought time.

There was a black NFL QB before Briscoe, this was the Bears Willie Thrower, but......he never started a game.

This from 1920 his name was Fritz Pollard. He was actually the first black QB but back then they rarely threw the football, but he did throw it. More RB who ran far more than he passed.

He was also the first black head coach.
    Last edited by Sir Johnny; 08-16-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Should have stuck with baseball tbh

That was really rough to watch.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont think so, i think he's a legit talent. last night's game was a trianwreck, but imo it was more indicative of a roster completely devoid of talent.

they have the worst OL in the league and there isn't a close second. naturally, they completely failed to address it whatsoever all ofseason. instead they drafted 3 receivers. their receivers are old man fitz and a bunch of kids who aren't ready (isabella, butler, johnson). the only young guy who's ready is christian kirk and he really plays the same role fitz occupies. they dont have a TE.

david johnson looks like a s of himself, but imo thats due to the OL collapse and the loss of palmer keeping defenses honest.

i think kyler would benefit a ton from sitting a year... it didnt used to be the norm for rookie qb's to start day 1, and he never struck me as a very pro ready qb. but i think he's legit. haskins was more pro ready

Veteran
    Post Count
    He'll be very fortunate if he ends up even the third or fourth best QB in this class and it would be a miracle for him to even come close to Baker's rook season. But honestly, he's just a little dude who was better suited to play the more skilled sport of baseball. He isn't good to overcome the lack of talent AZ suffers from, he can't see over most of his lineman and his arm is a dinky ass slingshot at best.

He'll butt-fumble his way out of the league soon enough once a baseball team comes in with a deal.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He'll be very fortunate if he ends up even the third or fourth best QB in this class and it would be a miracle for him to even come close to Baker's rook season. But honestly, he's just a little dude who was better suited to play the more skilled sport of baseball. He isn't good to overcome the lack of talent AZ suffers from, he can't see over most of his lineman and his arm is a dinky ass slingshot at best.

He'll butt-fumble his way out of the league soon enough once a baseball team comes in with a deal.
    Fortunately in AZ he’ll be able to see over his olinemen after they’ve been planted on their ass with a bull rush

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont think so, i think he's a legit talent. last night's game was a trianwreck, but imo it was more indicative of a roster completely devoid of talent.

they have the worst OL in the league and there isn't a close second. naturally, they completely failed to address it whatsoever all ofseason. instead they drafted 3 receivers. their receivers are old man fitz and a bunch of kids who aren't ready (isabella, butler, johnson). the only young guy who's ready is christian kirk and he really plays the same role fitz occupies. they dont have a TE.

david johnson looks like a s of himself, but imo thats due to the OL collapse and the loss of palmer keeping defenses honest.

i think kyler would benefit a ton from sitting a year... it didnt used to be the norm for rookie qb's to start day 1, and he never struck me as a very pro ready qb. but i think he's legit. haskins was more pro ready
    100%

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Houston

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also that division is going to be a bloodbath, so 'Zona will be lucky to win 4 games total

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Huh? Dude has good arm strength. He’s no Stafford but he’s not in the case keenum tier either

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah Arizona o line is pathetic. Rosen got beat up badly last year too

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    *** we can't rule out a position change, not unlike Marlin Briscoe, who ended up a 1000 yard stud receiver. Bert Emanuel. Freddie Solomon, Adnan Randle-El were all speedy NCAA QB's who ended up playing WR. Denard Robinson ended up at RB. , Marcus Allen was a HS QB.
    That's the *** for sure. He can succeed at a different position, like a 2nd RB/WR "scat back" type player, gadget player, return man etc. But as a featured, starting QB he won't last long.

That o line is historically bad, they had no RB who averaged 4.0 yards a carry, and they gave up 52 sacks. They had the number 32 ranked offense, yep, 32 in passing and 32 in rushing. They gave up a sack once every 9 drop backs.....ouch!

What's going to really suck is that will constantly be in that catch up mode and having to pass, so here comes that pass rushing, yep.....ouch!

That 0 line is historically bad.

That's the *** for sure. He can succeed at a different position, like a 2nd RB/WR "scat back" type player, gadget player, return man etc. But as a featured, starting QB he won't last long.
    I have no doubts if the guy bought into it he could help the team doing what you mentioned. There is no doubt the guy can play football, just not QB at the NFL level, not unlike Tim Tebow, Terry Baker, Tim Couch.

With his quicks a punt returner seems tailor made for him. A slot receiver?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    With his quicks a punt returner seems tailor made for him. A slot receiver?
    Perhaps a Percy Harvin type. Super speedy returner/backup slot receiver. Problem with guys like that is they take a lot of punishment bc they're so small. See Percy Harvin, Wes Welker, Amendola etc.

Perhaps a Percy Harvin type. Super speedy returner/backup slot receiver. Problem with guys like that is they take a lot of punishment bc they're so small. See Percy Harvin, Wes Welker, Amendola etc.
    Good one with the Percy Harvin comparison, Harvin a little more straight line speed, but not any quicker with Murray being faster than Welker and Amendola.

Punt returns, some "out in space" plays from the RB position, a few plays out of the slot. Some wildcat, yep, that could work. IF.....the guy buys into that, something tells me he might return to baseball instead.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good one with the Percy Harvin comparison, Harvin a little more straight line speed, but not any quicker with Murray being faster than Welker and Amendola.

Punt returns, some "out in space" plays from the RB position, a few plays out of the slot. Some wildcat, yep, that could work. IF.....the guy buys into that, something tells me he might return to baseball instead.
    He would kick ass as a 2B in baseball. Shouldn't have reneged on his commitment to enter the MLB draft. Would have been #1 there and a legit star right off the bat, making just as much money if not more.

He would kick ass as a 2B in baseball. Shouldn't have reneged on his commitment to enter the MLB draft. Would have been #1 there and a legit star right off the bat, making just as much money if not more.
    If the kid has to deal with the media always in the negative I can see him doing one NFL season and back to baseball. The guy totally sucks trying to talk in public.

Thread Information